El DerbyCo

roboto

On 06/05/2021 at 17:21, Geoff Parkstone said:

The £ 4000 down payment for the share isn't really the problem though, is it?  Its the extra £ 1-2,000 annual call for more capital to cover the operating losses and provide a bit of a transfer kitty that would hurt more! 

46 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

I would do anything for this chap to leave Derby County alone I really would. I know my and most fans opinions won’t be taken into consideration due to Morris’s desperation to get rid of Derby County. 

I just hope that for once the EFL do us a favour and tell this chap to bugger off

You can email the EFL to voice your concerns there is a contact email address on their website.

Some fans have already done that as it was obvious from day one that this "deal" was sketchy.

I am sure fan pressure would help in the EFL making the correct decision.

52 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

The bit that I don't understand is that if money was "stolen", why isn't that a criminal offence and pursued as such? 

We seem to have the same chancers just moving on completely uninterrupted. 

I guess there might have been some technicality where it wasn't "stolen" in a strictly legal sense, but stolen in a moral and practical sense?

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Can you please leave my family out of this? 

Weird. My family share a surname. In fact, all families i know that share a name share the surname. 

8 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

John Percy - possibly the most reliable reporter on Derby - talking about a threat of insolvency if we go down. 

It is truly incredible how Mel managed (and still does to some extent) to keep lots of fans onside. 

Growing less and less , I’ve backed him up till now and been fairly understanding of mistakes behind him wanting the best for the club??‍♂️,,, what’s going on now is a whole different ball game ,,, if , if ,, he lets Derby go down the crapper then that’s unforgivable in my book ,,, well intentioned or not we are at the point we are under his stewardship so suck it up and do what it takes to get us right again, don’t just take your doe and destroy Derby county FC

8 hours ago, ShoreRam said:

Importantly though, John Percy is a journalist not an expert. You have to be careful throwing out words like insolvency. Given Mel is the the clubs biggest creditor, why would he be concerned by insolvency? That couldn't arise unless he called it in.

Something I thought about this morning, given that Mel Morris is probably aware what people are saying about him on here and elsewhere (on and those 'Fans' groups, 1884, ramsblog etc etc on twitter) would it be a massive surprise if he turned round and gave it a massive F U?

Sorry that’s an excuse / easy get out ,,, it’s about Derby county a founder member club not a massive FU to its fans , I hope he gets that

4 hours ago, SecretDave said:

How I'd love GSE to return. They did run the club efficiently. Better than the potential owners we're linked with now. 

It was very much long and hard slog for most of it, I remember yanks out being a thing, but they were competant and professional and by the end things were genuinly on the up.

A few seasons of dull, professional, unremarkable rebuilding with young committed players is probably in order.

5 hours ago, SecretDave said:

How I'd love GSE to return. They did run the club efficiently. Better than the potential owners we're linked with now. 

Funny, they were unpopular for a while but in the end they ran us properly and did a good job. I'd happily see them back too. 

3 hours ago, Andicis said:

Funny, they were unpopular for a while but in the end they ran us properly and did a good job. I'd happily see them back too. 

They were unpopular when they tried to run the club at break even or better. They became more popular when they let nigel spend a bit more cash and ran the club at a loss. 

Those of us bemoaning the financial state of the club now might reflect on what a championship team being run on a cost neutral basis looked like. Not great.

9 hours ago, SecretDave said:

I would argue we would be in the prem too as we were improving and building something great. Unfortunately impatience got the better of some and had undone all that great work.