El DerbyCo

roboto

5 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Maybe they don’t have a vendetta, maybe the club is actually a mess. 

100% the club is a mess - but they always report the extremes.

It was always going to be highly unlikely, but they lead with 21 point deduction and made it sound like a certainty. You don't see the headlines from the Mail anywhere else.

Does anyone have the full Percy article to read? I don't subscribe the Telegraph because I would never read it only for the Derby articles. 

I can take going down. It happens. Any team can have a bad season and fall through. Bigger clubs than us have gone down.

The big worry for me is the club and the very realistic possibility that there won't be a club to support soon.

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Agreed but, ignoring the Daily Mail, that's the outcome Percy is suggesting may happen without Alonso.

Worrying times.

Yes and I'm suggesting that it might happen with him too but worse, there's not a lot of money or assets left in the club.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, EraniosSocks said:

Can’t believe Amazon/Netflix passed up on the opportunity to make a documentary out of this club 

They didn’t pass up. They approached us under Rowett but GR didn’t want it.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Maybe the Daily Mail are in cahoots with the EFL to derail our hopes of survival (we’re quite capable of doing that without any outside influence) so, expect an announcement today that the EFL are charging us with something else/launching another investigation/have turned Alonso down.

P.s. Only kidding (I hope). I don’t really believe in conspiracy theories or think the whole world is determined to destroy Derby.

So you think the Daily Mail has a balanced content on Derby County?

10 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/wayne-rooney-one-game-save-193244321.html

Yahoo (?!) always have the full Percy articles without the paywall for those who haven’t read it. 

It’s very pro Rooney, this is how people outside the club see it, not his fault other factors has hindered him. He is inept as a manager, failure to appoint an experienced no.2 has cost him and most importantly us (the fans/club) massively. I’d offer to drive him away from the club but his chauffeur can do that. 

I know John Percy is normally the oracle in terms of information from the club but reading a lot of that article appears to be news from other places? He has asked the club to comment but they haven't, isn't it normally the club who feed him his information, so where has he got all this from? 

I also agree with the club keeping quiet this week, the focus needs to be on the big game on Saturday, it is also no shock to see these articles in the build up to a big game for us. It happened before big games previously too.

6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I know John Percy is normally the oracle in terms of information from the club but reading a lot of that article appears to be news from other places? He has asked the club to comment but they haven't, isn't it normally the club who feed him his information, so where has he got all this from? 

When I suggested the very same about a previous Percy article I was poo-pooed and told what a paean of journalism Percy is.

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I also agree with the club keeping quiet this week, the focus needs to be on the big game on Saturday, it is also no shock to see these articles in the build up to a big game for us. It happened before big games previously too.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

When I suggested the very same about a previous Percy article I was poo-pooed and told what a paean of journalism Percy is.

While he hasn’t got anything out the club directly this time, there’s nothing in the article we didn’t already know about. 

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

While he hasn’t got anything out the club directly this time, there’s nothing in the article we didn’t already know about. 

Which is what I said about a previous article.

In this article it states: "Morris and chief executive Stephen Pearce declined to take calls from Telegraph Sport this week in the build-up to Saturday’s match."

But there are at least snippets of interest, are they more truthful than the Mail articles who say 'our source', who can say. 

2 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

John Percy - possibly the most reliable reporter on Derby - talking about a threat of insolvency if we go down. 

It is truly incredible how Mel managed (and still does to some extent) to keep lots of fans onside. 

Importantly though, John Percy is a journalist not an expert. You have to be careful throwing out words like insolvency. Given Mel is the the clubs biggest creditor, why would he be concerned by insolvency? That couldn't arise unless he called it in.

Something I thought about this morning, given that Mel Morris is probably aware what people are saying about him on here and elsewhere (on and those 'Fans' groups, 1884, ramsblog etc etc on twitter) would it be a massive surprise if he turned round and gave it a massive F U?