El DerbyCo

roboto

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

There is a currently a loan secured against the stadium, he seemed to suggest that rather than pay off this (as I think he said the EFL want him to) he would rather them funds for bolstering the squad.

Ideally he'd have the capital to clear a 30 million pound loan if he's wanting to take us over, last time I heard the club was running at a loss of around 12 million a year pre pandemic. So, by putting the ground in his name that would be putting the debt onto himself as opposed to the club, is that what he's claiming he's wanting to do?  

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

How is he going to leverage an asset that is already leveraged? Surely he would have to pay off the existing finance secured against the asset to the re-finance it. Makes no sense whatsoever.

I edited that part out as I forgot about the MSD loan itself

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Ideally he'd have the capital to clear a 30 million pound loan if he's wanting to take us over, last time I heard the club was running at a loss of around 12 million a year pre pandemic. So, by putting the ground in his name that would be putting the debt onto himself as opposed to the club, is that what he's claiming he's wanting to do?  

I am not even sure that the debt is on the club in the first place. 

Total guesswork but I would imagine the debt is with the Gellaw company that owns the ground and then this money was loaned to the club by Gellaw to cover cash flow and consequently reduced the £75m owed to the club. ONCE AGAIN I STRESS THIS IS PURE GUESSWORK, IS NOT BACKED UP BY ANY FACTUAL EVIDENCE! But it would seem the logical thing to do.

If this is how things have been structured, then Alonso (or what ever entity is purchasing the ground) would simply step into the shoes of the Gellaw company in owning the ground but also being responsible for the loans secured against it.

Any chance there are 20,000 Derby County fans, each with £4,000 or whatever to spare?  We could buy the club ourselves if that were the case. A fan owned Derby County.. our club would really be OUR club then. 

I just need to find 19,999 people to agree with me now.. ?

If all clubs had this model, what a far better state football would be in.  Just look at the Champions League, Man City, Chelsea, PSG, the petrodollar gang were all there. The inequity, and the distortion of football due to the billionaire owner model has reached crisis proportions. 

For all the stupendous awfulness of the ESL (and it's a truly dreadful concept), is really that much worse than what we are seeing already? Apologies gone off on a tangent now. 

1 minute ago, Highgate said:

Any chance there are 20,000 Derby County fans, each with £4,000 or whatever to spare?  We could buy the club ourselves if that were the case. A fan owned Derby County.. our club would really be OUR club then. 

If all clubs had this model, what a far better state football would be in.  Just look at the Champions League, Man City, Chelsea, PSG, the petrodollar gang were all there. The inequity, and the distortion of football due to the billionaire owner model has reached crisis proportions. 

For all the stupendous awfulness of the ESL (and it's a truly dreadful concept), is really that much worse than what we are seeing already? Apologies gone off on a tangent now. 

If I buy 2 shares do I get more say ?

6 minutes ago, Highgate said:

I'm in.

Please can you lend me the £4000.

In fact, make it 10, there's a few other things I need. Ta.

30 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Hey I'd be up for that if I could have final say in buying players for the club and closing the manager?

29 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Have you seen the way we squabble on here? 

How would 20,000 of us reach concensus? 

We'd be scuffling like in a fifties western ?

image.png.0f162a38aee287daa355f51a1735d433.png

46 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Rotherham deserve nothing .

We got knocked out the FA Cup during the pandemic fielding a reserve team .

This love on for Rotherham and Wednesday stinks. 

Wednesday should had a 12 point deduction as they were found guilty.

Derby were cleared 

Just tidying up a few of your points.

I understand the tone of their conversation and the fact Rotherham do well to keep bouncing between the championship and L1 despite their Bamford of a chairman. 

However Dawes was wrong to say what he did I agree.......at this point of the season teams are where they deserve to be. 

13 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

We'd be scuffling like in a fifties western ?

image.png.0f162a38aee287daa355f51a1735d433.png

It'll be fine as long as only one of us has the admin code for the covid vaccine 5g mind control app.

And that person isn't @RoyMac5 - I don't think i can stomach much more of maris piper.

11 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

We wouldn't need to.  We'd vote and elect a president, and they would be the chairperson for a couple of years...until we decided that they didn't know what they were doing and we'd elect another one.

They wouldn't have unlimited decision making power. Some issues, if they were important enough, would have to be put to the club members for a vote.  It will all work flawlessly, trust me.. ?

18 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

Hey I'd be up for that if I could have final say in buying players for the club and closing the manager?

Not as a club member.  But remember, you would have the option of running for club president...and then you would have the final say!  So I can assume you are signing up?  ?

34 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Not as a club member.  But remember, you would have the option of running for club president...and then you would have the final say!  So I can assume you are signing up?  ?

34 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Can I be treasurer

33 minutes ago, Highgate said:

It'd only end up with the swivil eyed loons taking over the main factions.......there'd be the EFLexit extreamists vs the Cocunistas and probably the moor farm independance movement and liberal-demob-cats....."democracy is the worst for of government, except for any other that has been attempted."

39 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Like Barca and Madrid then?

Would you allow the president to sign who he pleased, as long as he stood up the cash for transfer and wages personally?

10 minutes ago, Geoff Parkstone said:

The £ 4000 down payment for the share isn't really the problem though, is it?  Its the extra £ 1-2,000 annual call for more capital to cover the operating losses and provide a bit of a transfer kitty that would hurt more! 

As football is largly a substitute for religion in the modern world, perhaps we should suggest some sort of eternal damnation for those who refuse it? "There sould shall be senteced to only watch re-run matches from the Paul Jewell era, forever hungering for the excitment of Nigel Clough but recieving only Paul Jewell and never Steve McClaren"