Darren Wassall has left the club

philc130

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I could be wrong, but this strikes me as part of a planned scale back of the academy as a whole? I'd be surprised if we're category one in 12 months time but happy to be proven wrong. Gaz Waz did well in his time here - even got us to the play-offs once, y'know. 

"While there is absolute commitment from David Clowes and the board to maintain Category One status for the academy"

31 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

I’m still in favour of the Brentford b team model I think it’s more about scrapping it and therefore no longer needed. With a B team you buy players likely to make the progress both teams learn the same approach tactics and formation then easier transition 

That works in London where you have lots of big clubs around you

6 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Hughes and Hendrick were the two that stood out from the academy under Wassell. Apart from them we produced too many run of the mill midfielders . We always wanted a top , top striker .

Its true , if u compare what our accademy has produced to forests theres dicks all over ours…. And theyre not cat 1 

9 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Hughes and Hendrick were the two that stood out from the academy under Wassell. Apart from them we produced too many run of the mill midfielders . We always wanted a top , top striker .

Liam Delap had he stayed and had a chance to develop through us?

Edited by cannable

We’ve lost a lot of talented potential over the last couple of years due to our situation. We’ve not been able to see how they could have flourished if they’d have stayed and gained first team experience.

On the subject in hand, Wassall has done a good job and stepped in wherever we’ve needed him.

The dogs abuse he got when he replaced Mac was completely uncalled for.

He’s seen the academy through good and bad times and always done a good job. 

Shame to see him go and good luck to him!

14 years is quite a long time in football. We move on. I trust the people who own and run the club now to make sound business decisions that aren't based on knee jerk reactions or emotion. Clowes has taken a good long look at it. I don't think on balance the academy has produced as much as it should have, with the resources it has been given