v Peterborough (H) Match Thread

Day

26 minutes ago, Miggins said:

He is the captain and our leader and we cannot afford for him to miss the next three games.

Yes, he has played brilliantly so far this season but his red card doesn't help us in the slightest in the precarious position we are in and his 'mistake' may have cost us dearly.

Nope, but it's done, and the only way forward is together. Forgive and forget - he'll be only too aware he was in the wrong. Divided we fall.

2 hours ago, SirBrian said:

He his 28 he will never change, had hoped that he would see out the season with maturity, sadly on and off the pitch  an embarrassment, so much talent wasted but heyo £20 grand plus a week, Curtis £4,500 a week, will not have a go at Tom but hope he is not with us next season, thank you goodbye

See the "we're all in this together - fans and players at one" didn't last too long with you then?

My favourite moment of the game was Fozzy crossing to Byrne, who really wanted to win the game for us today, didn't he? Wayne & co, more of that, please!  

Lawrence's red card is on me and I can only apologise. 

I appraised him after the last game, and the lad couldn't handle it. So, my bad, I got it horrible wrong.

There's one very couraging aspect though. We were more versatile in our attack since Tom was dismissed and that's not bad thing at all. If/when we continue in such a manner, we'll be alright.

Hat's off for Cashin, absolutely brilliant! 

And congrats to Cybulski for his debut, well done young man!

Just back and still buzzing. This season seems to get better and better. Every time we pull off a great result, I keep thinking to myself, is this is as good as it will get?  I did not think I could feel anymore pride for this team, but that feeling at the end and hearing the crowd still singing Allez Allez as I got into my car at Wilmorton surely cannot be beaten.

5 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

My favourite moment of the game was Fozzy crossing to Byrne, who really wanted to win the game for us today, didn't he? Wayne & co, more of that, please!  

Lawrence's red card is on me and I can only apologise. 

I appraised him after the last game, and the lad couldn't handle it. So, my bad, I got it horrible wrong.

There's one very couraging aspect though. We were more versatile in our attack since Tom was dismissed and that's not bad thing at all. If/when we continue in such a manner, we'll be alright.

Hat's off for Cashin, absolutely brilliant! 

And congrats to Cybulski for his debut, well done young man!

My favourite moment was when the announcer said the 5.30 train was cancelled. But that's just my petty Cambridgeness

My first game since Covid and was a great day.

Good car parking right by ground.

Nice balti pie im ground before game.

Great atmosphere in ground and in East Stand where I was. Lots of young kids in there too enjoying the game. Expectation bred contempt, nothing but support now. Never forget Bryson looking at the jeering crowd vs Hull in the playoffs looking proper confused.

Totally dominant performance, just needed a little more urgency at times.

Thought their red was a bit harsh really, didn't look intentional. Not that I'm complaining.

Shame about Tom's red, but getting a smack in the face/nose brings on the red mist like nothing else. I'm like that even if it's the ball that hits me.

Sibley looked good when he came on and so glad he got a goal. Maybe 3 games instead of Tom will give him some belief.

Cashin had an easy time, but didn't put a foot wrong. 

Spurs game on the radio made the journey home more fun.

I dont recall a time as a Derby fan in my lifetime where the crowd has been so unified and in touch with the players.

This group is a cobbled together hodge podge of old men (in footballing terms), kids and leftovers from a failed regime. Despite that I absolutely love them. If someone had told me six months ago that this season with administration and a 21 point deduction would be one of my favourite ever I'd have laughed in your face.

I love this squad and management. Even if we go down I'll have a special place in my DCFC heart for this group. They care, they get it. I just hope we get the ending we want. If not, we faught to the end.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

You alright Hun?

No I'm not. 

We've got people defending him for getting himself banned for 3 and a half games that are all winnable when the squad is stretched to the maximum as it is. 

Defending him because he plays best when on the edge. We didn't need him on the edge. We were playing ten men. Stay on the ducking pitch. 

Anyway, let him go on holiday. Or perhaps he will stay and support the team he is captain of. 

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I dont recall a time as a Derby fan in my lifetime where the crowd has been so unified and in touch with the players.

This group is a cobbled together hodge podge of old men (in footballing terms), kids and leftovers from a failed regime. Despite that I absolutely love them. If someone had told me six months ago that this season with administration and a 21 point deduction would be one of my favourite ever I'd have laughed in your face.

I love this squad and management. Even if we go down I'll have a special place in my DCFC heart for this group. They care, they get it. I just hope we get the ending we want. If not, we faught to the end.

Agree every word....????

4 minutes ago, Norman said:

No I'm not. 

We've got people defending him for getting himself banned for 3 and a half games that are all winnable when the squad is stretched to the maximum as it is. 

Defending him because he plays best when on the edge. We didn't need him on the edge. We were playing ten men. Stay on the ducking pitch. 

Anyway, let him go on holiday. Or perhaps he will stay and support the team he is captain of. 

I’m not defending him, he was stupid and reckless in getting sent off, could have cost the team massively today and may still in the next 3 games, could also have seriously injured the other fella. However we’ve seen people come into the squad and perform before during this season and may well do so again these next 3 games. I personally don’t see the benefit in focusing on the negative element of today over the many positives, and also the writing off of a player who has had a big part to play this season and will still do before the season ends, his first game back is the Barnsley game at home.