v Peterborough (H) Match Thread

Day

14 hours ago, Mr. P said:

This is why I go to football matches. This....... just this! The togetherness between manager,players and the team. Seen us win championships/leagues,important games but this is THE season,whatever happens, that I will remember the most! Smiling now and still got that 'Allez allez' song in my head! UTR

11 hours ago, Patrick Rams said:

Social media? Really? Didn't realize Twitter Facebook etc was in existence then.?

Six Degrees is widely considered to be the very first social networking site. Founded by Andrew Weinreich in May 1996, the site launched the following year and combined popular features such as profiles, friends lists and school affiliations in one service.

Geocities Launched in 1994  offered a way for people to build websites and tell the world about themselves with postings and photos.

Edited by Unlucky Alf

21 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Yeah I’ve seen the pic. It’s unbelievable. Im thinking there needs to be some margin of error with it given how close it was, another day it could say just over the line unless we think the technology is 100% accurate. Still you’re right and we can’t really complain the technology doing it’s job. If that pic is genuine don’t think ive seen anything as close as that

This is an argument that Lewis cropping up with line decisions, wether for offside with var or goaline.

People suggest allowing a tolerance rather than the strict line as is currently used. How many times have you heard a player being only 1cm offside or the ball being the thickness of the leather from not over the line? Many feel that you cannot give the decision when it is so close, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

If we were to make it offside only if you're 10cm past the defender, then we'll have the same problems when a player is 11cm past a player. No, there had to be a cut off and that cut off must adhere to the laws of the game.

Remember, there are 2 teams involved in all these decisions, why should they be altered to suit the attacking side.

1 minute ago, ram59 said:

This is an argument that Lewis cropping up with line decisions, wether for offside with var or goaline.

People suggest allowing a tolerance rather than the strict line as is currently used. How many times have you heard a player being only 1cm offside or the ball being the thickness of the leather from not over the line? Many feel that you cannot give the decision when it is so close, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

If we were to make it offside only if you're 10cm past the defender, then we'll have the same problems when a player is 11cm past a player. No, there had to be a cut off and that cut off must adhere to the laws of the game.

Remember, there are 2 teams involved in all these decisions, why should they be altered to suit the attacking side.

Not really saying we should change it more that when it’s that close, what is to the say the technology in the same situation on a different day wouldn’t give a different result. With goal line technology has to work in absolutes, think it’s been the best technological introduction in football and you can trust it

Offside though that’s a different matter, think it’s ridiculous how they get the lines out. Takes ages to determine when surely it’s got to be clear and obvious. Being completely in line with the defender but the  big toe being offside is ridiculous IMO. Maybe my view will change as VAR becomes embedded in the game.

44 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Yeah I’ve seen the pic. It’s unbelievable. Im thinking there needs to be some margin of error with it given how close it was, another day it could say just over the line unless we think the technology is 100% accurate. Still you’re right and we can’t really complain the technology doing it’s job. If that pic is genuine don’t think ive seen anything as close as that

My lad and I in the West Stand went absolutely bananas thinking we’d scored!  Took us ages before we realised.

19 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Offside though that’s a different matter, think it’s ridiculous how they get the lines out. Takes ages to determine when surely it’s got to be clear and obvious. Being completely in line with the defender but the  big toe being offside is ridiculous IMO. Maybe my view will change as VAR becomes embedded in the game.

Amatuers tinkering with the proffesional game to make it seem simpler, It's a damn site more confusing, Player clearly offside, But not flagged until end of the play...Offside only in the 18 yard area imo.

At least fans are getting their monies worth nowadays...games lasting 100mins is now a common theme with VAR.

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Genuine question- is that percentage reflected in us faffing around passing it around the back or do the other teams in that list also undertake that same practice. I have no clue as normal.

Would be insightful to see a break down of where the passing zones are actually based, whether it be in defence, midfield etc.

Still good to see us top of a stats list though. 

9 minutes ago, inter politics said:

The Reading win and Lawrence red card aren't ideal but is anyone else struggling to come down after that?!

The atmosphere at the end was spine tingling.

There's a strong sense of injustice from DCFC fans, Our only way to fight back on a match day is being vocal with our support, A victory or a battling draw can make a supporters day well worth while, I've built a time machine, But I daren't go into the future as I may not come back as i'll be on a bender for days on end after the Cardiff game in May

Edited by Unlucky Alf

18 minutes ago, inter politics said:

The Reading win and Lawrence red card aren't ideal but is anyone else struggling to come down after that?!

The atmosphere at the end was spine tingling.

Reading not winning would have been a bonus. We just needed to do our job, and we did. I'm absolutely delighted. Lawrence suspension we will just have to manage like we have with Stearman.

Edited by Rammy03

7 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

There's a strong sense of injustice from DCFC fans, Our only way to fight back on a match day is being vocal with our support, A victory or a battling draw can make a supporters day well worth while, I've built a time machine, But I daren't go into the future as I may not come back as i'll be on a bender for days on end after the Cardiff game in May

Starting with a clean slate, on the same points as every other team in League 1 next season, knowing the Rams are financially secure, embargo lifted and the club’s future is secure would do me. So I will just enjoy the ride until the end of the season…..but still hope the miracle will happen ???

6 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Reading not winning would have been a bonus. We just needed to do our job, and we did. I'm absolutely delighted. Lawrence suspension we will just have to manage like we have with Stearman.

Your comment resonants with me as it sounds identical to the mantra of one of my old bosses.

Doesn't matter if half the workforce are off with Covid, Billy whose the only person who can operate the widget machine is on holiday for 2 weeks and there is no able to dispatch items.

But you need to manage it without a single percentage point drop in output or efficiency.  

And now returning to Planet Earth.... 

20 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Hope Jack o Connell  is taking  notes, if we pull this off, its hoing to make one hell of a film !  We even have a theme tune now.  Allez allez allez

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Your comment resonants with me as it sounds identical to the mantra of one of my old bosses.

Doesn't matter if half the workforce are off with Covid, Billy whose the only person who can operate the widget machine is on holiday for 2 weeks and there is no able to dispatch items.

But you need to manage it without a single percentage point drop in output or efficiency.  

And now returning to Planet Earth.... 

Is Lawro good on the widget machine then ?

3 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Great day. Another full blooded committed performance from the team, we were careless in final third but should’ve scored more, we battered them as much as Brook battered Khan. How that wasn’t given as over the line I don’t know ??‍♂️, the technology has had a mer there, don’t think it could’ve been any closer. Stand out players were obviously Cashin who looked like he’s been playing for years, Bielik Byrne and Plange, and Sibley who made a real impact when he came on. What an opportunity he has now created by Lawrence’s brainless action. He is critical to us and now out for 3 games, the positive it’s a nice rest to be ready for the run in, we need him and we need to back him when he comes back not pillory him.

It was also my 4 year old daughters first game, her highlight meeting rammie. Special day and special memories.

Had a mer you say? An expert has rechecked the technology, and when asked if there was any doubt at all it had crossed the line has replied:

9B3BC1A1-189E-4696-BE5C-6498A2D0A3AB.gif