v Peterborough (H) Match Thread

Day

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

It's brilliant when you are in  a game when the ball simply won't go in, neither will it fall to a Derby player when it breaks loose or bounces in the penalty area, and we still win!

Yet another great performance, and apart from 10 minutes after Tom's red card when we went into shock and started playing too cautiously, we simply kept on going and going and going. It seems that Jason Knight's "Never Stop" attitude has rubbed off on the rest of the squad. I think Knighty was man of the match for me, because not only did he keep going non=stop till he was subbed, he affected the play really well. And he has built up a great understanding with Nathan Byrne, playing give-and-go into the corner 4 or 5 times in a row towards the end of the second half. Why Peterborough never picked up on it I don't know, and he got several crosses in as a result.

The ref didn't do too badly today, or perhaps it is better to describe him as not as bad as the usual rubbish we get. But he missed some glaringly obvious fouls. Coulson's two-footed lunge at Ebosele a few minutes before the sending off was a straight red. The ref saw it and waved play on, booking the guy a few minutes later. Festy did the right thing, going straight up the wing and skinned him, with there only being one result. Peterborough were so out of touch that time wasting and fouling became a major tactic, so well done Festy. And there is a delicious irony - the ref booked a Peterborough player for time wasting way before time added on at the end, which is almost unheard of, but even after an entire season of the refs letting opposition players time waste for almost the entire 90 minutes, Derby ended up with more bookings for tie wasting than Peterborough! He also missed the forearm smash on Tom Lawrence, and must have been trained by Mike Dean (ask Beilik!), but Tom was stupid for taking things into his own hands. His foul could have resulted in a really nasty injury. Unlike Crooks, Coulson will remember the incident for quite some time.

Once Tom went off Max Bird stepped up and took responsibility, driving the team forwards, and good old Louie Sibley. He made a big impact on the match, with a shot just wide within moments of him coming on, and was buzzing about all over the place. His willingness to run at the defence caused loads of problems, but I was sure his shot was going to drift wide, because it was that sort of match - as per my opening sentence, so to see the ball nestle into the inside netting was brilliant. And what a difference bringing him on into his best position. Who'd have thought that would work? !!!!! I can imagine, and hope, that he will get the next 3 games in the number 10 role. And apart from only being brought on with minutes to go and being played out of position almost every time, he hasn't really produced what he can do, apart from the few times he has actually been played in the middle. Rooney has actually said that he was holding Louie back from first team action in the same that he did with Max Bird last season. Well, let's see what he can do.

And Mr Cashin - wow, what a debut! He looked like he was the seasoned pro bringing years of experience to a young side. More so than Thompson, nothing fazed him. He just dealt with everything with aplomb and didn't put a foot wrong. not even a misplaced pass! We've got an absolute jewel there!

And the fans - apart from being shocked at Tom's red card for a few minutes, we were LOUD. I got home with cauliflower ears, like I'd been toa rock gig. And it was normal for the ground to be empty within 10 minutes of the final whistle. But not anymore. Walking outside the ground watching people wearing huge grins and singing their heads off is brilliant. It wasn't this good during Stevie Mac 1, and they were great times. I've been a Ram since the Brian Clough years, and this is the best time ever! THANK YOU, YOU RAMS!

And wayne and the team.

Wow.  Some miserable feckers on their match day thread.  The normal hope we get liquidate ,  cheating for 10, yes 10 years.  Various owners have cheated apparently and a number want Reading to stay up as we cheated.  Thankfully, one of them did point out that Reading also failed FFP.This one needs a tissue

maybe it's because we played on Wednesday on a boggy pitch in gale force winds (for the good old tv people) and then had to come to your poo hole with a pitch like  a ploughed field and sodden wet two days later.

You come on here giving it "we are so great" but your poxy club spent fortunes and years trying to get back to the premier league and failed time and time again.

I bet you and the other derby fans weren't complaining when your owner and possibly previous owners? were spending fortunes to have you challenging at the top of the championship, signing players for millions of pounds a piece, but you got caught and your club has caused so many problems they should've got automatic relegation.

or lets talk about the time you did actually get to the premier league and got a record low points total in premier league history.

So unless you've got anything decent/good to say then don't say nothing at all and clear off.

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Wow.  Some miserable feckers on their match day thread.  The normal hope we get liquidate ,  cheating for 10, yes 10 years.  Various owners have cheated apparently and a number want Reading to stay up as we cheated.  Thankfully, one of them did point out that Reading also failed FFP.This one needs a tissue

maybe it's because we played on Wednesday on a boggy pitch in gale force winds (for the good old tv people) and then had to come to your poo hole with a pitch like  a ploughed field and sodden wet two days later.

You come on here giving it "we are so great" but your poxy club spent fortunes and years trying to get back to the premier league and failed time and time again.

I bet you and the other derby fans weren't complaining when your owner and possibly previous owners? were spending fortunes to have you challenging at the top of the championship, signing players for millions of pounds a piece, but you got caught and your club has caused so many problems they should've got automatic relegation.

or lets talk about the time you did actually get to the premier league and got a record low points total in premier league history.

So unless you've got anything decent/good to say then don't say nothing at all and clear off.

To be fair,someone went on their forum basically saying they were crap,the worst team we have played and basically bring a bit of a dick....and whilst it's true,I doubt we would react any different to someone doing the same on ours after a loss.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

Great day. Another full blooded committed performance from the team, we were careless in final third but should’ve scored more, we battered them as much as Brook battered Khan. How that wasn’t given as over the line I don’t know ??‍♂️, the technology has had a mer there, don’t think it could’ve been any closer. Stand out players were obviously Cashin who looked like he’s been playing for years, Bielik Byrne and Plange, and Sibley who made a real impact when he came on. What an opportunity he has now created by Lawrence’s brainless action. He is critical to us and now out for 3 games, the positive it’s a nice rest to be ready for the run in, we need him and we need to back him when he comes back not pillory him.

It was also my 4 year old daughters first game, her highlight meeting rammie. Special day and special memories.

Another amazing day at pride park, unbelievable atmosphere from the off and a battling performance from the boys.

I'm especially chuffed with sibleys goal,we need to make full use of the lads abilities over the rest of the season,he scared the posh to death with his energy and direct attacking runs,love to see it 

12 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I think Byrne has been one of our best players in the last few games. Unreal at times for a right back. 

Yes ! He should get more plaudits.  He makes so many runs, he’s always there. He isn’t the greatest header regardless of his height but at about 80 minutes there was a wicked cross in, he was the only man there just the far side of the penalty spot, somehow just won it and sent it for a throw in .. match saving moment in my view.

9 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

You make a fair point Archie. Bit calmer now than when he did it to be fair. So....

Soz Tom mate, I still love you really. Still hope Wazza slaps some sense into you mind, you pillock. 

Ah don’t think for a minute that at the time I wasn’t screaming some very unpleasant language to the screen aimed at Tom ?

12 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Against Argentina?, Not a red for me, Lying down and a flick of his heel on Simeone, Kim Milton Nielsen the Ref took some shyte on social media after that, From adversity some can come back stronger, TL will have long enough to think about that one "mad moment"

I remember that. Took me hours to upload that jpg "ref meme"...all 100k of it.

Edited by TimRam

59 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Great day. Another full blooded committed performance from the team, we were careless in final third but should’ve scored more, we battered them as much as Brook battered Khan. How that wasn’t given as over the line I don’t know ??‍♂️, the technology has had a mer there, don’t think it could’ve been any closer. Stand out players were obviously Cashin who looked like he’s been playing for years, Bielik Byrne and Plange, and Sibley who made a real impact when he came on. What an opportunity he has now created by Lawrence’s brainless action. He is critical to us and now out for 3 games, the positive it’s a nice rest to be ready for the run in, we need him and we need to back him when he comes back not pillory him.

It was also my 4 year old daughters first game, her highlight meeting rammie. Special day and special memories.

There's a pic somewhere.  If it's genuine (no idea?) then the technology got it bang on.  Yes, it's as close as it's ever likely to be, but that showed the whole of the ball had not crossed the whole of the line.

That apart, it sounds like you... and your daughter... had a fantastic day!  ??

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

There's a pic somewhere.  If it's genuine (no idea?) then the technology got it bang on.  Yes, it's as close as it's ever likely to be, but that showed the whole of the ball had not crossed the whole of the line.

That apart, it sounds like you... and your daughter... had a fantastic day!  ??

Yeah I’ve seen the pic. It’s unbelievable. Im thinking there needs to be some margin of error with it given how close it was, another day it could say just over the line unless we think the technology is 100% accurate. Still you’re right and we can’t really complain the technology doing it’s job. If that pic is genuine don’t think ive seen anything as close as that

6 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Yeah I’ve seen the pic. It’s unbelievable. Im thinking there needs to be some margin of error with it given how close it was, another day it could say just over the line unless we think the technology is 100% accurate. Still you’re right and we can’t really complain the technology doing it’s job. If that pic is genuine don’t think ive seen anything as close as that

IMG_20220219_220421.jpg