v Peterborough (H) Match Thread

Day

Big one this, need someone top step up and lead us up glory, here I am...

When? 3pm Saturday 19th February

Can I watch on RamsTV? Outside the UK you may.

What should we sing? They docked us 21 points, but we don't give a duck, cos we are Derby County and we are staying  up! Allez Allez Allez

Do we need to win? Is Rooney a Ram??? 

Hope today didn't take the wind out the sails

It was mostly good with patches of absolutely useless garbage. Which is actually OK because it means we fundamentally have enough to get out this mess and weren't exposed as a bad side

We haven't been exposed as a bad side all season. 

Keep the concentration, keep the belief and ffs give Plange something to attack. Force it more instead of waiting for something to happen. We're too good to go down. 

20 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Hope today didn't take the wind out the sails

It was mostly good with patches of absolutely useless garbage. Which is actually OK because it means we fundamentally have enough to get out this mess and weren't exposed as a bad side

We haven't been exposed as a bad side all season. 

Keep the concentration, keep the belief and ffs give Plange something to attack. Force it more instead of waiting for something to happen. We're too good to go down. 

I wouldn't fret at all. They will have moved on by the time they get home tonight. My under 8's team have taken a hammering one game and we have then said that the opposition were streets ahead and focus on the next match. We then focus on the next team and say they are poo. This then gives the lads the belief.

After 5 mins of playing the poo (e,g PBoro) they realise they have the beating of them and kick on.

I'm not worried in the slightest.

Edited by Ram a lamb a ding dong

7 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

I wouldn't fret at all. They will have moved on by the time they get home tonight. My under 8's team have taken a hammering one game and we have then said that the opposition were streets ahead and focus on the next match. We then focus on the next team and say they are poo. This then gives the lads the belief.

After 5 mins of playing the poo (e,g PBoro) they realise they have the beating of them and kick on.

I'm not worried in the slightest.

Surprising thing to say, but I would have been pretty happy where we stand after today before the game. Our first must win game v Posh next week, massive game ??

1 hour ago, David said:

Big one this, need someone top step up and lead us up glory, here I am...

When? 3pm Saturday 19th February

Can I watch on RamsTV? Outside the UK you may.

What should we sing? They docked us 21 points, but we don't give a duck, cos we are Derby County and we are staying  up! Allez Allez Allez

Do we need to win? Is Rooney a Ram??? 

If you need the top step, then you are too short for this ride!

And don't even try to get up my glory... ?

These are the big games, against the teams around you. They’re all worth 3 points but the opportunity to affect their points doubles the significance. Biggest game of the season so far I think. I would say this is must win as our away form worries me.

12 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

A game so big even I'm going to it.

The proverbial "must win".

As a management team targeting points...this fixture is circled with a thick red marker pen and has a big 3 written next to it.

But sometimes (see the Stearman sending off) things can conspire against you.

I'm currently feeling we have about 30-40% chance of survival. Win this and Reading get max of 1 point in their 2 games then I'm edging up over 40%. If Reading have got 3 points then I'm at the same level.

If Reading have 6 points and/or we have only 1 point then I'm starting to fret and dropping below 30%.

If we lose, perform badly then I'm dropping down to 20%.

So...I know some fans are sticking to PPG thinking which works - and if we get none then we need to go to Fulham and win.

But it depends on how we perform and how other results go as much as anything. A draw in midweek, then Reading lose and we smash Peterborough...its been a great week.

2 Reading wins and we lose Sat and we are edging very close to the trapdoor.

A draw in midweek, an unlucky drawfor us on Sat, coupled with a Reading defeat and I'm still hopeful..

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

As a management team targeting points...this fixture is circled with a thick red marker pen and has a big 3 written next to it.

But sometimes (see the Stearman sending off) things can conspire against you.

I'm currently feeling we have about 30-40% chance of survival. Win this and Reading get max of 1 point in their 2 games then I'm edging up over 40%. If Reading have got 3 points then I'm at the same level.

If Reading have 6 points and/or we have only 1 point then I'm starting to fret and dropping below 30%.

If we lose, perform badly then I'm dropping down to 20%.

So...I know some fans are sticking to PPG thinking which works - and if we get none then we need to go to Fulham and win.

But it depends on how we perform and how other results go as much as anything. A draw in midweek, then Reading lose and we smash Peterborough...its been a great week.

2 Reading wins and we lose Sat and we are edging very close to the trapdoor.

A draw in midweek, an unlucky drawfor us on Sat, coupled with a Reading defeat and I'm still hopeful..

Even the EFL won't be making us go to Fulham again this season... or will they!  ?