v Peterborough (H) Match Thread

Day

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Must admit, I’m becoming rather partial to all this hanging back and applauding (and roaring!) each and every player off the pitch, instead of (me) dashing off down the stairs immediately on the final whistle. 
I hope that becomes a habit for a long time to come!

it’s currently leaving me covered in goosebumps and a big grin on my face. Much more if this, and I suspect a tear in the eye isn’t far off!
Its all bloody marvellous and it really does bring us all even closer together. 
Still can’t believe there are folk leaving early. I sense they are missing out on history in the making, and certainly missing out on some tremendous scenes, and wonderful memories. 
more fool them!  ?

I stayed for about 5 mins to applaud the players, then ran the mile or so back to my car (always seem to run faster when we've won!). The guy parked in front of me was just getting into his car with his young son and I said 'what about that then?' he barely grunted a reply and it only occurred to me later that he must have left the game early. Felt sorry for his son who missed what I had experienced. Also it was noticeable how many people made for the concourses at about 35 mins - it was bizarre.

Yesterday there were several times come on Derby rolled round from the NE corner along the North stand. I usually go to diff parts of the ground and I don’t think those in the south stand realise how much singing is going on elsewhere it is fantastic at the moment. 

As for people leaving early far fewer at the moment thank goodness. Against B’ham there was some loudmouth behind me who veered from criticism to moaning constantly and left with his entourage on 85 minutes ?. Yesterday a few left early but not many. My Grandson said are we ever going to score and I told him to keep believing as most goals are scored in the final seconds and injury time….cue pandemonium what a season what a season ?

I will never, ever understand why anyone would leave a game early when its all to play for.

When we were kids, dad used to make us stay in the BBG for ages after the whistle before making our way back to Leys car park.

Losing 3-0 away maybe justification but drawing 0-0 against a team next to us is just bonkers.

11 minutes ago, jono said:

Max Birds look says it all. Warriors all of them. 

Theres some footage a few pages back I think, of the lads on the bench. The celebrations of lads like Kelle Roos show that Rooney has a tight knit group, Knighty was jumping around like a dervish....great bunch of lads giving it their all. 

37 minutes ago, jono said:

Max Birds look says it all. Warriors all of them. 

There was some discussion of what this group might be referred to in years to come and we were all trying hard to pair adjectives with Rooney.  I was thinking "Wayne's Warriors"  might be a better fit and rightly describes the current Band of Brothers we are so proud of .

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

There's been some great nights at The BBG, That Friday will not be forgotten...a penalty all day looooong

Friday. 9th May 1986 was my 34th birthday and I was working in Saudi Arabia. Being a Friday, it was the weekend, and several of us were having a small party in my room. So I rang my brother and listened to Radio Derby for the last 15 minutes of the game relaying back the commentary to the other chaps. That call cost me £30 in charges!!

I'll tell you what a party we had on the home-made illicit booze to celebrate.

Let's hope I can celebrate this year on my 70th birthday, which will be two days after the last game of the season, against Cardiff City, which, I hope. will see the Rams remain in the Championship.

COYR's!!!

22 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

There was some discussion of what this group might be referred to in years to come and we were all trying hard to pair adjectives with Rooney.  I was thinking "Wayne's Warriors"  might be a better fit and rightly describes the current Band of Brothers we are so proud of .

You might be right. I have been musing on this for a while as I love the thought that even if we don’t make it, this will be part of our lore and legend. Taking inspiration from the Babes and the kids I thought about The Young Ones, but my favourite at the moment is “The Unbroken” …. maybe just “The Warriors” In a sense I don’t want one name standing for what is a remarkable group. … heh heh .. maybe we should call them the Fighting Duckers ?

This is some season ! Whatever the outcome this will live in the memory. 

38 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

Friday. 9th May 1986 was my 34th birthday and I was working in Saudi Arabia. Being a Friday, it was the weekend, and several of us were having a small party in my room. So I rang my brother and listened to Radio Derby for the last 15 minutes of the game relaying back the commentary to the other chaps. That call cost me £30 in charges!!

I'll tell you what a party we had on the home-made illicit booze to celebrate.

Let's hope I can celebrate this year on my 70th birthday, which will be two days after the last game of the season, against Cardiff City, which, I hope. will see the Rams remain in the Championship.

COYR's!!!

Cracking story ImARam2, If the Miracle happens i'll have a beer or 2 with a cheers to you ? 

49 minutes ago, jono said:

You might be right. I have been musing on this for a while as I love the thought that even if we don’t make it, this will be part of our lore and legend. Taking inspiration from the Babes and the kids I thought about The Young Ones, but my favourite at the moment is “The Unbroken” …. maybe just “The Warriors” In a sense I don’t want one name standing for what is a remarkable group. … heh heh .. maybe we should call them the Fighting Duckers ?

This is some season ! Whatever the outcome this will live in the memory. 

The Unbroken is a good shout and this season WILL be written in folklore hereabouts for time immemorial 

4 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I'd be willing to bet Peterborough have 5 players on £10k+ too. Surely that's about Championship average these days?

Lawrence 30k

Bielik 20k

Roos 16k bench

Jozwiak 15k (injured)

CKR 14k injured

Knight 12k 

Byrne 11k

Sibley 10k

Their top earner is Jonson-Harris on 6k 

3 hours ago, jono said:

Filling my heart too. What I am loving too is the east stand is getting louder, game by game. Always been a few like me who join in a bit, but now instead of a handful of standouts, the small groups are getting bigger and noisier, popping up all over the place dragging closet singers out of the shadows. If we keep this going we are going to make some full on 4 sided noise by seasons end. COYR

That how east used to be when first move to pp under great jim.smith remained me of boro game 97 to 98 season total awesome.