v Peterborough (H) Match Thread

Day

40 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Genuine question- is that percentage reflected in us faffing around passing it around the back or do the other teams in that list also undertake that same practice. I have no clue as normal.

Would be insightful to see a break down of where the passing zones are actually based, whether it be in defence, midfield etc.

Still good to see us top of a stats list though. 

I know the passing at the back is tortuous at times, but all the time you’re passing the ball, the other team is running aimlessly to break it up. You draw the opposition into your half and it creates space.

Our passing will improve with Bielik in the side. Yesterday I found myself saying Wow at lot. Not just the raking crossfield balls, but the passing under pressure to a teammate. I just hope we find a hero goalscorer to replace Lawrence in the next few games.

47 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Genuine question- is that percentage reflected in us faffing around passing it around the back or do the other teams in that list also undertake that same practice. I have no clue as normal.

Would be insightful to see a break down of where the passing zones are actually based, whether it be in defence, midfield etc.

Are you sure about that Tyler, really sure?

.Og Dota 2 Mind Blown GIF by Red Bull

8 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

I think it'll be a few days before I find my voice.

Incredible.

One of the top five mosh pits of all time for the goal.

The spirit of the club at the moment is second to none. Cannot remember fans chanting from the stands all the way back to town after a game before.

The atmosphere reminded me of the home game against Rotherham on a Friday night in 1986 when Trevor Christie sent us up to the old Division 2 with a penalty on a boggy Baseball Ground pitch.  The atmosphere in the ground, back to town and afterwards in town was something else.  For me to reflect on that game yesterday means it was something special ??.   

57 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Exactly just nice to be top of something!!!!

10 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

The atmosphere reminded me of the home game against Rotherham on a Friday night in 1986 when Trevor Christie sent us up to the old Division 2 with a penalty on a boggy Baseball Ground pitch.  The atmosphere in the ground, back to town and afterwards in town was something else.  For me to reflect on that game yesterday means it was something special ??.   

I felt sick throughout the Rotherham game, even more nervous back in those days. What stands out in my memory too is the stunned silence when Rotherham equalised ? Seem to remember there was only about 50 of their fans there….really enjoyed a few pints in the hotel by the station afterwards with my brother ?

16 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Can remember going to that game.

Anyone who says we get a raw deal out of referees should have been there that night. Penalty for pushing in a wall prior to the free kick being taken.

Not that I was bothered about it that night of course. 

26 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

There's been some great nights at The BBG, That Friday will not be forgotten...a penalty all day looooong?

Still on cloud nine after that result, thought it was all over, so many chances spurned.  What a reaction from the crowd at the end too.  No one left for ages and the singing at the end was just great.

I know that he shouldn’t have done it but I did smile when that young lad ran all the way over to Allsop to hug him, and Allsop put his arm round him so and said it was ok to the security bod.

Do you think Wednesday night can be as good as that?

I hope so!

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, but seems innocuous to me.

This crazy law/situation was brought about to stop players going into the fans, In the 93rd minute Sibley scores the winner and celebrates with the fans, May I make a suggestion and he takes a leaf out of our captains books, And kick a player instead.

Emotions and rule books don't mixEmotional Damage GIF by saschamoellersde

Just now, Unlucky Alf said:

This crazy law/situation was brought about to stop players going into the fans, In the 93rd minute Sibley scores the winner and celebrates with the fans, May I make a suggestion and he takes a leaf out of our captains books, And kick a player instead.

Emotions and rule books don't mixEmotional Damage GIF by saschamoellersde

But he didn't go into fans, he just fist-bumped a few across a rather wide barrier. Harsh booking, imo.

21 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

There's been some great nights at The BBG, That Friday will not be forgotten...a penalty all day looooong?

Memories of a great night…and an early knee slide from Christie 

Edited by Monty

56 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I felt sick throughout the Rotherham game, even more nervous back in those days. What stands out in my memory too is the stunned silence when Rotherham equalised ? Seem to remember there was only about 50 of their fans there….really enjoyed a few pints in the hotel by the station afterwards with my brother ?

I too remember the silence after the Rotherham goal. I was stood on the Normanton terrace and all you could hear was the sound of the ball hitting the net.

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

I think it'll be a few days before I find my voice.

Incredible.

One of the top five mosh pits of all time for the goal.

The spirit of the club at the moment is second to none. Cannot remember fans chanting from the stands all the way back to town after a game before.

Filling my heart too. What I am loving too is the east stand is getting louder, game by game. Always been a few like me who join in a bit, but now instead of a handful of standouts, the small groups are getting bigger and noisier, popping up all over the place dragging closet singers out of the shadows. If we keep this going we are going to make some full on 4 sided noise by seasons end. COYR

Must admit, I’m becoming rather partial to all this hanging back and applauding (and roaring!) each and every player off the pitch, instead of (me) dashing off down the stairs immediately on the final whistle. 
I hope that becomes a habit for a long time to come!

it’s currently leaving me covered in goosebumps and a big grin on my face. Much more if this, and I suspect a tear in the eye isn’t far off!
Its all bloody marvellous and it really does bring us all even closer together. 
Still can’t believe there are folk leaving early. I sense they are missing out on history in the making, and certainly missing out on some tremendous scenes, and wonderful memories. 
more fool them!  ?