Mel Morris: an example

IslandExile

Just now, jimtastic56 said:

Well, well,well , would you believe it . Mel has sprung into action . But why has it taken so long to hit back at Gibson? Go to war Mel.

My thoughts too. Just after the transfer window has ended. The academy he put so much into losing its products for a cut price to keep our noses above the water. Now swooping in to save the day.

15 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Yes but at least he has swooped. 

Exactly. He has deserved all the poo thrown in his direction but now seems to be stepping forward (it would seem unless it’s a calculated risk as he thinks they’ll decline) so let’s not throw any more over this.

This really puts Wycombe and Boro in a difficult position. IF they really think they have a could case and IF they really do only want compensation and have no desire to put Derby out of business, what possible justification do they have to decline the offer? He really has called their bluff.

It’s a bit late and doesn’t compensate for all the bad stuff but we’ll done Mel on this one.

All anyone needs to say on this, aside from all context and feelings on Mel is:

Thanks Mel. Thanks for doing that. Morally, some will say you had no choice but legally you probably didn't have to do that.

So thanks.

Edit: Also - best of luck to you in this case. The claims are totally baseless

Edited by Tombo

12 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Sometimes you just need to be happy and accept something at face value or you just churn yourself into the ground. 

Thanks Mel. Best thing I have read in a long while.

No arguing you made a right pig's ear of things in hindsight.. but where we are now, it's good to have you back.

Yeah you're right. Enjoy it. #COYR

Pleased that Mel has stood up and made this statement....good on him.

We will now to get to see the real aims and ambitions of the EFL and Middlesbrough/Wycombe towards Derby......if they refuse Mel's offer it will be clear to all that what they wanted to achieve all along wasn't justice but the destruction of Derby County.

And if they do go to the high court with Mel,they will be utterly destroyed.

I think Mel's played a blinder here.

On 03/02/2022 at 15:18, duncanjwitham said:

Like it or not, Limited companies exist for very good reasons, and the upsides of having them far outweigh the risks.

And as for penalties on Morris, there won't be any

Quite a few people on here suggest that MM is duty bound to fund the club until he’s got nothing left. Can understand why they might want him to do that but the idea he’s obliged to do it,  after pouring in £200m,  is bonkers 

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

Quite a few people on here suggest that MM is duty bound to fund the club until he’s got nothing left. Can understand why they might want him to do that but the idea he’s obliged to do it,  after pouring in £200m,  is bonkers 

I would suggest he's duty bound to clear it's liability and make it an attractive concern for sale rather than sticking it in admin.  Sure he would have got a decent asking price for the club, especially with a number of highly sellable youngsters, thereby getting a large if not all of the 50 million back.  He could have even sold one or two to cover wage deficit whilst selling if that suited.  Derby would be staying in this league as well. 

8 minutes ago, Rev said:

A responsible owner makes sure he can cover costs, or has an exit strategy that means the club isn't left stranded should the money dry up.

Mel did neither.

The amount of "I'm right" in his latest is pretty staggering for the owner who racked up debts and then put the club into administration.

I'd love the issues to go onto Mel personally and take that burden off the club at least.