Liam Rosenior

CBRammette

38 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Rooney has never 'denied' the part Rosenior and other coaches played. There's a difference between being a good coach and a good manager. Interim for Liam is a good choice, why make it permanent now, wait and see.

On 02/07/2022 at 10:39, DCFC1388 said:

Rosenior has 4 years coaching experience behind him now, 1 at Brighton for the u23s and 3 with us under Cocu & Rooney. He wants to be a first team manager, I think now is as good a time as any for him to progress into that role

I’m not fussed on his title but this does rather capture my thoughts.

After 4 years, taking the training, he’s done his badges and apprenticeship, everyone starts somewhere. He even has an edge that he’s worked with some of the players; best of all if the likes of CKR and specially Davies sign, they have his back as vocal presences in the dressing room.

It’s pretty much as good a hand, as many rookie managers get.

On 02/07/2022 at 15:14, B4ev6is said:

I know this might seem total insane but hear me out okay.

I wander if rooney be willing to invest into derby county but also might be willing to do a little bit scouting into players with us.

Oooooooh!  Interesting!

Investment AND scouting!  By jove, I think you're on to something, buddy.

Tell me more... ??    

24 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

With all the new signings coming in its going to be quite a job for Liam to maintain a good close knit dressing room. Hopefully he has chosen good characters as well as good players.

He'll have to remember quite a few new nicknames for all the new players

BTW, I heard Liam Thompson refer to Liam Rosenior as 'Rosie'

It doesn't make sense that Liam hasn't been given the full time job yet, especially with all the signings he's made.

A bit left field, but is there a chance that the owners feel that they can get Rooney to reverse his decision?

That is the only reason that I can come up with, these signings were scouted by the Rooney/Liam partnership and so were part of the original plan. I'm not saying that it will happen, but it would be an explanation why the appointment hasn't been ratified.

4 minutes ago, ram59 said:

It doesn't make sense that Liam hasn't been given the full time job yet, especially with all the signings he's made.

A bit left field, but is there a chance that the owners feel that they can get Rooney to reverse his decision?

That is the only reason that I can come up with, these signings were scouted by the Rooney/Liam partnership and so were part of the original plan. I'm not saying that it will happen, but it would be an explanation why the appointment hasn't been ratified.

I think it's more likely that there's so much to do all at once  and the owners are prioritising.

They will have spoken with Rosenior, feel confident that this can wait until the players are signed up and games underway.

That's just my view, could be completely wrong.

6 minutes ago, ram59 said:

There's more chance of that Bristol City supporter being our manager than WR coming back, As for LR not named as full time manager, There's plenty of time before the season starts for his appointment, He's getting the squad in 1st ie incomings/outgoings, LR will be named our manager before we play Oxford at home

10 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

What sort of player was Rosenoir, or Rosie as Thommo called him, when he played and any good?

Decent Championship standard right back.

Always remember when he was at Brighton I think it was he was winding the South East corner up, time wasting then smiling back as he got abused