Liam Rosenior

CBRammette

1 hour ago, I am Ram said:

Give him the job, could do with an experienced coach alongside him. 

Noooo.....not any of those old has beens. 

We've recruited experienced players who should know what needs to be done. 

Liam will be reet and he's got a direct line to the Roonster. Or maybe Grannyline.... 

... Same thing really ?

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

He's extremely articulate and likeable but let's see how we actually perform under him....I know a lot of people who are great talkers and personalities but it's the result that counts.

Hopefully he will smash it.

Brian Clough was extremely articulate and likeable, a great talker and personality and boy did he smash it. I hope your excellent reference for Liam is an omen of good times ahead. All we need are the results you talk about and if they come along you can change your user name to Nostradamus - it would be much easier to remember too ?.

1 minute ago, sage said:

He's a good coach and tactician I think. I just worry he's a bit too nice. 

If the players mess him around, maybe just get Bucko to walk around Moor Farm in his pants glaring at people. 

What colour pants? 

I'm thinking off white, veering towards a grey, the result of multiple mixed loads washes.

Probably no name on the waistband, but if so probably Calvin Club's, or Georgio at Asda. 

Well worn, possibly with a small tear along the hip seam on both sides, between the waistband and the pant cotton, where the garment has given up trying to contain the sheer testorone overload of the wearer, and now wears a little white flag of defeat, like a broken nose on a once promising prize fighter, broken, but not yet beaten.

I've not given it much thought, you understand, but those are my initial thoughts about a God wearing mere mortals underwear.

15 minutes ago, sage said:

If the players mess him around, maybe just get Bucko to walk around Moor Farm in his pants glaring at people. 

In all seriousness though this is my only real reservation about Rosenior. Has he got what it takes to be a manager? Going from being a coach to an actual manager is a totally different ball game. Talks a good game but is he just a bit too nice? Time will tell. He's basically got the job now. I hope it works out. 

It's so easy to be drawn in by Liam Rosenior. He really seems to be bringing in the players that have the right values.

Feels like the right man at the right time. I only hope he's as good on the pitch as he is off it. I want him to succeed so very much, if only for the loyalty and passion he's shown for this club in its darkest hours, it would have been so very easy to join Wayne in saying 'I've had enough, time for fresh eyes'.

Lets get behind him. Ignore the pre-season games. Don't turn on him if we lose the first couple. If there's signs of a plan, an idea, then lets run with it. Don't let this good feeling go to waste.

Liam Rosenior's black and white army. Up the Rams.

Peace, love and Derby County.

Edited by Animal is a Ram

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

What colour pants? 

I'm thinking off white, veering towards a grey, the result of multiple mixed loads washes.

Probably no name on the waistband, but if so probably Calvin Club's, or Georgio at Asda. 

Well worn, possibly with a small tear along the hip seam on both sides, between the waistband and the pant cotton, where the garment has given up trying to contain the sheer testorone overload of the wearer, and now wears a little white flag of defeat, like a broken nose on a once promising prize fighter, broken, but not yet beaten.

I've not given it much thought, you understand, but those are my initial thoughts about a God wearing mere mortals underwear.

The whitest white you've ever seen. 

No pants owned by Bucko dare fade or discolour 

5 minutes ago, sage said:

The whitest white you've ever seen. 

No pants owned by Bucko dare fade or discolour 

I'm not getting that vibe, I'll be honest. 

I don't think Bucko owns pants, he just puts on whatever comes to hand after leaving the shower. 

Whether that's a J-Cloth, someone else's pants, a mechanics oily rag or My little pony knickers,  if it's not nailed down, he's wearing it. 

I heard that one time, the only thing available was a sporran, but no kilt, so he stapled it to his ballbag for modestys sake, and went about his business.

3 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

In all seriousness though this is my only real reservation about Rosenior. Has he got what it takes to be a manager? Going from being a coach to an actual manager is a totally different ball game. Talks a good game but is he just a bit too nice? Time will tell. He's basically got the job now. I hope it works out. 

Plenty of nice managers are succeeding though. Brendan Rodgers comes across as super friendly, Eddie Howe is like a schoolboy and Bruno Lage is like your next door neighbor.

7 hours ago, sage said:

Anyone steps out of line just get Bucko walking around Moor Farm in THEIR pants, that’ll learn em 

3 hours ago, Oldben said:

Really like that! I think he'll be really good for football and hopefully Derby for a long time  I'm really liking League one Derby at the moment. I see Rooney has got some more press about going to DC Utd or something just makes me will media stories about him ever end? if he'd had stayed. always him the bigger news story than the club. 

Watched his pre-match interview.

Clearly he speaks well. Positive, open and thoughtful.

Think most striking is his youthful approach. Even Wayne seemed much more in the traditional mould of a manager who was reserved and suspicious of everyone at times. Liam bears no resemblance to grizzled Warnock, Mowbray type managers or the slightly smug 'love themselves' Howe, Monk, Brendan Rogers type.

He has an over excited puppy vibe about him that's easy to like. Whether he can get that Klopp likability coupled with success is another question.

Really hope it works out for him.

Edited by Chester40

Just listened to his pre game interview with Rams TV he speaks so well, mentions the first thing they're looking at with recruitment is character and that all the new signings have mentioned the fans and atmosphere as being a massive pull.

Even more excited for the season now and wish LR all the best he deserves the chance.