Liam Rosenior

CBRammette

Turning down a move out of this shitshow, is he mad?! Whatever their budget is, it’ll be bigger than our £0 ? I’d be taking the first contract anyone threw in front of my if I was a current DCFC employee, no use staying on a sinking ship…

Be delighted if he did stay of course, don’t get me wrong. But I suspect Quantuma will push him out so they can use the compo to pay this months wages and drag this out even longer.

2 hours ago, David said:

Would have thought Blackpool would be an ideal club to start your managerial career. Perhaps Liam has loftier ambitions? Good luck to him. Nothing wrong with being ambitious, but in football management, for most, it's all about getting a good grounding and gradually building a reputation. Rosenior has performed above and beyond the call of duty at DCFC, and sensibly look to his future, away from the ongoing chaos. 

8 minutes ago, europia said:

Would have thought Blackpool would be an ideal club to start your managerial career. Perhaps Liam has loftier ambitions? Good luck to him. Nothing wrong with being ambitious, but in football management, for most, it's all about getting a good grounding and gradually building a reputation. Rosenior has performed above and beyond the call of duty at DCFC, and sensibly look to his future, away from the ongoing chaos. 

Not sure it’s ambitions, the tweet mentions squad budget and training ground issues. I’m sure he’s realistic enough to know he wouldn’t be going in expecting to take them up, probably just asking for enough to ensure he’s not scrapping for survival.

16 minutes ago, David said:

Not sure it’s ambitions, the tweet mentions squad budget and training ground issues. I’m sure he’s realistic enough to know he wouldn’t be going in expecting to take them up, probably just asking for enough to ensure he’s not scrapping for survival.

Maybe he got loyalty towards derby and rooney sees time is not right to part ways.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Maybe he got loyalty towards derby and rooney sees time is not right to part ways.

Rooney currently only has a year left on his contract at the club, it’s not a given that he will sign a new one, so I don’t see Rosenior sticking around purely based on loyalty to the club and Rooney when he knows he could be out of a job in 12 months.

6 minutes ago, Rev said:

There is literally no way on God's earth Blackpool would pay 300k compensation for the assistant manager of a Lg1 club.

Depends how much compensation they got for their old manager. 

Still find it so stupid what we did Rowett and Lampard. We used the Rowett money to cover Lampard’s contract and used Lampard’s fee to fund Cocu’s contract - on paper anyway ?

14 minutes ago, David said:

Rooney currently only has a year left on his contract at the club, it’s not a given that he will sign a new one, so I don’t see Rosenior sticking around purely based on loyalty to the club and Rooney when he knows he could be out of a job in 12 months.

I think rooney will sign a new contract has he not shown he will fight for derby and for us the fans.

I think he can see a situation where he would be starting his managerial career with one hand tied behind his back.

He saw the difficulty of that last season,  but this would be different. Failure means inevitable sack and his management career ends as fast as it starts.

Hes being very sensible in making sure he gives himself every opportunity to make a successful start.

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I think rooney will sign a new contract has he not shown he will fight for derby and for us the fans.

He has, however as of today we don't even know who his boss will be and if they even want to keep Rooney at the club. 

A lot to sort out before that conversation even takes place.