Liam Rosenior

CBRammette

23 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

Brain not working after last nights celebrations

You drank too much, I had probably one too many last night just browsing on the laptop (Forum site obviously) and drinking my homebrews. Felt a little fragile this morning.

10 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

You drank too much, I had probably one too many last night just browsing on the laptop (Forum site obviously) and drinking my homebrews. Felt a little fragile this morning.

Was down town Sheffield till 4 am, dancing and drinking and so happy

32 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

Was down town Sheffield till 4 am, dancing and drinking and so happy

Hard core!!! I went to be last night at 10pm a very happy man (after watching midsummer murders on ITV3!!!) …. life in the fast lane me ???

Edited by Gisby
am\pm whatever!!!

I think Clowes indicating that continuity is important points to Rosenior.

If that is the case, Justin Walker has the perfect credentials for a number two. Already has a working relationship with Liam and a strong link into the academy, which despite its current paucity in terms of numbers does represent an opportunity to augment mainstream recruitment over the next two years.

7 hours ago, David said:

You say you’re concerned if he will cope under the pressure of the role, however I would say this season is almost a free hit given the situation.

Don’t get me wrong, relegation again would be a disaster and I’m sure he would be relieved of his duties if this became a real risk.

It’s just we’re all just incredibly thankful that we have a club, there doesn’t appear to be any real expectation and an appreciation of how difficult the rebuild job is.

This summer is not about recruiting for a long term vision, a style of play, it’s almost a supermarket sweep to get players in that will allow us to be competitive. Next summer will be when plans will be in place to mould the team under the manager/clubs vision.

So whilst we have no points deductions, we’re in a similar position to last season where the pressure is off.

I don't think there is such a thing as "pressure off" for a newly relegated side that's lost most of its core of players.

The other teams won't give us any grace or favours and nor will they respect our size or heritage....if we struggle,we could easily find ourselves in another relegation fight.

We need to hit the ground running to be honest and I hope that Liam is able to cope with that....however in the event he can't we will need to be in the position to replace him quickly (and without costing us a fortune to cancel his contract) which is why I believe he needs to be interim until we know he's up to the task.

Once we know that he is,that's the point to appoint him as permanent gaffer.

13 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

After Davies’ comments, it’s an absolute no brainier to have Rosenior do it on a permanent basis. A behind the curtain look seemed to suggest that he was the man who brought it all together last season, not a great look for Rooney though! 

Which comments were these? I’d be interested to read that if you could share a link 

14 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Which comments were these? I’d be interested to read that if you could share a link 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/curtis-davies-makes-claim-involving-liam-rosenior-following-wayne-rooneys-derby-county-exit/ar-AAZ2aCM

“With Liam, he has been a massive part of everything that we did,” said Davies.

“Most of the coaching was done by Liam and Wayne wouldn’t be ashamed to say that. I played with Liam at Hull City and since he was about 30, he has been a coach in waiting.

“His attention to detail, he is meticulous, he studies everything and now he’s in charge, he will study even more. If he’s watched a video twice, he will watch it three or four times now because he knows it’s his head on the block now as well.

“He is a meticulous person and his coaching skills is very good. 

“What I would say about Liam is that he has been a manager in waiting for a long time. 

“This is a great opportunity. And in my opinion he would be the right one to go with. It’s a little bit of continuity this club needs. We’ve gone through all the difficult stuff off the pitch, but from what he had last year, the playing style wasn’t a problem.”