The Administration Thread

Boycie

Come on guys let’s face facts

No one  posting in this thread has a scooby do what’s happening.

This topic is completely irrelevant apart from showcasing whose got the most free time to google DCFC and administration 

let’s just focus on the matches and the almost irrelevant personal opinions as to the quality of the team selection or irrelevance of quality of players.

2 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

Not necessarily they have sold Ebosele so the club get the money,if we are liquidated the players registrations pass to the EFL so any money then raised by selling him goes into EFL coffers. Make of that what you want.

Sadly Festy hasn’t been sold and we get nothing. He is signing a contract next week, according to Rooney, as we couldn’t offer him a new one. Though it has been mentioned we might get compensation because of his age. But I doubt it somehow 

Edited by rsmini

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Spot on. Looking at this logically, it seems likely this is now the stumbling block; the bidders are looking to have their cake and eat it as they know Morris has no leverage and are therefore assuming they can take the stadium for peanuts. The Binnie offer included a derisory £2M for the stadium which would probably equate to a 12 / 24 month lease.

I've no sympathy for Morris in this regard but the net result is that while Cashley and Morris enjoy their extended pissing match, we're losing prize assets like Ebosele seemingly every week. Quantuma have not covered themselves in glory but folk need to understand that the latest stumbling block is the greed of the bidders and the ex-owner's inability to honour his promises - 'I'll sell the club for £1.00'. Yeah, course you will Mel ?

I was there on the evening that MM made that comment.

To be fair he has honoured his commitment and given the club away for free.

What slipped his mind that night was to mention that he had already siphoned the ground off from the company by this point so the ground wasn't part of the club that he would sell for £1.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I was there on the evening that MM made that comment.

To be fair he has honoured his commitment and given the club away for free.

What slipped his mind that night was to mention that he had already siphoned the ground off from the company by this point so the ground wasn't part of the club that he would sell for £1.

Can't believe how taken in by him I was. It literally took us entering administration before I started to smell the coffee. Even then I thought that perhaps it was out of desperation at the situation with the EFL and there was some method to the madness. Gilt and varnish hides a multitude of sins they say and sadly, that's never been truer than with Morris. If I met him now I'd be seriously hard pushed not to throat punch the Bamford. It's a strange feeling to find someone I once genuinely respected so utterly repugnant a mere handful of months later. 

43 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Can't believe how taken in by him I was. It literally took us entering administration before I started to smell the coffee. Even then I thought that perhaps it was out of desperation at the situation with the EFL and there was some method to the madness. Gilt and varnish hides a multitude of sins they say and sadly, that's never been truer than with Morris. If I met him now I'd be seriously hard pushed not to throat punch the Bamford. It's a strange feeling to find someone I once genuinely respected so utterly repugnant a mere handful of months later. 

I’ve thought about what I’d do if I ever met him as well. It would be extremely difficult to restrain oneself.

Not that it’s ever a possibility mind, he’s not likely to be at a house party in Chadd, and I’m never likely to find myself in a Lamborghini showroom.

1 hour ago, rsmini said:

Sadly Festy hasn’t been sold and we get nothing. He is signing a contract next week, according to Rooney, as we couldn’t offer him a new one. Though it has been mentioned we might get compensation because of his age. But I doubt it somehow 

Yes my mistake,i thought he was contracted until next year

5 hours ago, curb said:

I’ve thought about what I’d do if I ever met him as well. It would be extremely difficult to restrain oneself.

Not that it’s ever a possibility mind, he’s not likely to be at a house party in Chadd, and I’m never likely to find myself in a Lamborghini showroom.

Can’t post what I would like to do to him , I would be off the forum quick smart , what he’s done is akin to murdering one of our family members for a lot of people , of course to his kind it’s just money??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

17 minutes ago, Archied said:

Can’t post what I would like to do to him , I would be off the forum quick smart , what he’s done is akin to murdering one of our family members for a lot of people , of course to his kind it’s just money??‍♂️

I would like to ask in great detail about lots of things and for him to reply with total truth 

6 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

The bold bit reflects my own thoughts.  I didn't actually realise I was this gullible!

As for the rest, I'd probably cuff him in stocks, force a curly wig on his head, and get everyone to throw cold, half-eaten parmos at him.
At least then I'd feel like I was getting a 2 for 1 deal!

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Can we tone down the ‘what I’d like to do to a pensioner’ vibe?

Pretty pointless. 

Support the team, tone down the hate, especially in the world we find ourselves living in right now.

I’m pretty sure he’s about the same age as me so nowhere near being a pensioner you cheeky git…..?

6 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I only began to smell a rat when it came out about the ground sale. That night at Nunsfield House MM and SP were saying how close we were to FFP limits, saying something along the lines of a £10,000 swing could take us over, knowing full well that 7 months earlier they had removed the ground from DCFC to generate a £40m profit, and not once did they think to mention it.

At this point I knew nothing MM said could be trusted, but I still continued to give him the benefit of the doubt when he assured us he would continue to fund the club until a buyer was found. 

Likewise, I preached to people that there was no way he would put us into administration because he had too much to lose.

How wrong I was.

Looking back to the Breakfast Club at Moor Farm, alarm bells should have been ringing at this point and it should have been clear then that he saw himself as more important than the club.

8 hours ago, Norwichram2 said:

Have the mods given up with their update thread? Thought the B&W Together exchange with Quantuma was worth posting and would have saved wading through this thread!

There's nothing to report...only the same old gumpf with very very little meat on the bones, Infact there's no meat at all as the EFL have picked them clean.

All that is happeninmg on here is posters thoughts, Opinions, Historical opinions mixed in with thoughts, There's Hope, Dispare, Frustration, Anger, Confusion.

My thoughts for what they're worth...I aint got a clue?‍♂️

7 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I don't find the Quantuma letter particularly encouraging. Basically asking for potential bidders to get in an offer as a matter of urgency and apparently they're still trying to strike up a sufficient valuation of the club. All of this is going on whilst our few remaining assets are either getting closer to the end of their contracts or are leaving. You have to ask what the duck are these lot playing at quite honestly. There are growing accusations at their lack of communication over a variety of issues that again make you think there is something not correct going on with them. 

The sad reality is we're on the verge of going down, we've got no actual bid on the table for the club, a shedload of debt and 5 players under contract for next season. It's such a mess it makes you wonder if starting afresh may be the best alternative. 

I suspect we have bids on the table but not at the level that would satisfy EFL and//or save us from liquidation. So it then becomes an even bigger issue of what the bidder is bidding for. A League 2 club? A non League club? Maybe that's what the discussions with EFL this week are about, especially as Nixon the EFL's mouthpiece  has been spouting his garbled stuff this week . It's all very worrying.

Letting Festy go for nothing seems to be a pretty sure sign that potential buyers are not sufficiently interested in the playing staff they just seem to be picking over the bones.  

Just now, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Meanwhile Chelsea, in a matter of 2 weeks, have had so many bids into the billions to choose from and we are begging for one for a fraction of this.

Football is gone wrong, very wrong

Americans, brits, Turkish, Swiss....oh and even JT is apparently sniffing around with a consortium.... ?