The Administration Thread

Boycie

15 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Have the administrators given a weeks notice that a player is leaving before? 
Festy has the potential to develop into a £30 million player and a major appreciating asset.

Could it be tactical to force an acceptable bid before next week?

No  but players signing pre contract deals is also quite rare for us. I hope you are right this could flush out a better bid but wouldn't like to bet on it.  

32 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Have the administrators given a weeks notice that a player is leaving before? 
Festy has the potential to develop into a £30 million player and a major appreciating asset.

Could it be tactical to force an acceptable bid before next week?

Will be amazed if he ever attracts a transfer fee 1/10th of that.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Can we tone down the ‘what I’d like to do to a pensioner’ vibe?

Pretty pointless. 

Support the team, tone down the hate, especially in the world we find ourselves living in right now.

Does that include Carol Voderman...its equally wrong, shameful and downright embarrassing...?

I keep reading that some people want our players to sign new contracts when they even if they could, why would they when the club's not stable and they don't know which league they would be playing in.

Then even if that wasn't the issue, I'm not sure as to which players I'd wish to see, stay with the club.

Setting aside the senior players who unsurprising as they are not free agents yet, have zero offers for them.

Of course that's semantics as we don't have new owners.

35 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Meanwhile Chelsea, in a matter of 2 weeks, have had so many bids into the billions to choose from and we are begging for one for a fraction of this.

Football is gone wrong, very wrong

Spot on. Bids worth Billions put together in a couple of weeks. So please stop with the B S that these things take months.

20 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Spot on. Bids worth Billions put together in a couple of weeks. So please stop with the B S that these things take months.

They do though, most clubs in administration stay that way for far longer than we've been in it. Being in administration and just being up for sale aren't the same anyway.

Chelsea aren't in administration, it's a unique situation. People looking to take over there are doing so because they're a 'fashionable' London club falsely boosted into a position as one of the biggest clubs in the country, and a huge commercial business.

It's sickening / galling just how quickly things are moving there, but it's not at all a like for like situation.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

4 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Expecting a very poisonous atmosphere today. Hopefully MM gets the full force.

He is the problem. We have been duped.

This will really help the team! ?Whilst there is any chance we can retain our championship place our priority on matchdays should be supporting the staff and players.

Keep your protests away from the football. 

6 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

They do though, most clubs in administration stay that way for far longer than we've been in it. Being in administration and just being up for sale aren't the same anyway.

Chelsea aren't in administration, it's a unique situation. People looking to take over there are doing so because they're a 'fashionable' London club falsely boosted into a position as one of the biggest clubs in the country, and a huge commercial business.

It's sickening / galling just how quickly things are moving there, but it's not at all a like for like situation.

Chelsea are not in administration, they can’t even sell a ticket

1 minute ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

I'm not condoning  I'm simply stating a fact. 

MM deserves pelters tho. The sooner everyone realises the football is secondry the better. The lads gave done great but they are on their knees.

But he won't be at the game or even watching or listening to it so you are all wasting your breath.

Whereas supporting players who are there and helping them put in that extra bit of effort to grab that goal is what we should be doing.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

I suspect we have bids on the table but not at the level that would satisfy EFL and//or save us from liquidation. So it then becomes an even bigger issue of what the bidder is bidding for. A League 2 club? A non League club? Maybe that's what the discussions with EFL this week are about, especially as Nixon the EFL's mouthpiece  has been spouting his garbled stuff this week . It's all very worrying.

Letting Festy go for nothing seems to be a pretty sure sign that potential buyers are not sufficiently interested in the playing staff they just seem to be picking over the bones.  

Yeah, I've just re-read the statement without a lot of whisky in me and I'd agree with your analysis. It does seem like this and if this is the case why the duck would we want any of these vultures to own us. I'm going today and I hope the fans make their voices heard before and after the game for this to get sorted out whilst we have still have a semblance of a club left. 

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

This will really help the team! ?Whilst there is any chance we can retain our championship place our priority on matchdays should be supporting the staff and players.

Keep your protests away from the football. 

The problem with that strategy is that this is a football club.... the protests if they do occur will therefore likely be at the football.... I want us to support the players 100% but it's gotten to the point where I wouldn't blame people if they voiced their anger, hurt and sheer frustration at the administrators, Morris and potential buyers who are ducking around atm.