The Administration Thread

Boycie

It's been clear for a very long time these potential new owners (if they indeed exist) have zero interest or passion for Derby County football club..they are out to get a sale through for a bare minimum price.

It appears they do not care one jot whether all of our playing assets walk away for nothing, nor if we end up on -15 next season.

Doesn't fill me with any enthusiasm that they will be decent guardians of our club.

Mel Morris has everything to answer for. He has gone down in our history as the worst owner we have ever had by a country mile. An absolute odious human being at every level, enjoy your hundreds of millions you are a disgrace.

42 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

If we keep losing players like we are, come the end of the season will there be any assets left to sell off, when it comes time to liquidated the club?

As for any potential buyer, other than the club's name, will there be anything left worth buying?  The value of the club must be dropping by the day. Definitely feeling more and more like a buyers market

No idea what sort of payments the creditors are wanting. But if I was one of the creditors I'd be telling the administrators to sell the club for whatever they can get. Because the way things are going the creditors will be lucky if they get 5 pence in the pound, if that.

Doesn't quite work like that,there is a minimum requirement they have to be offered apart from unsecured creditors.

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

£28 million without stadium was previous bid. Assuming lease deal could be achieved with Mel, GOC said £28m would work to satisfy creditors making certain assumption eg HMRC agreeing to 25%

Q are raising price bidders lowering the price - or placing conditions on what they will pay for the stadium!?- It will run for weeks, its a negotiation. The fact they’ve been given to the end of the season because we can complete fixtures means the negotiation will likely continue to the end of the season. 

28 million for a club possibly in League 1 seems a decent bid to me.

I think creditors have zero chance of getting 100% return.

That's the thing with being a creditor, it's a risky business. Plus a % is better than nothing, they will get next to nothing if the club's liquidated.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It's almost as if they just wanted the fans to shut up and eff off

Well like a lot of people I am getting hacked off with Quantuma now but in fairness their statement seems to be in response to a spectacularly unhelpful letter from BAWT, which quoted from pond life like Maguire and Nixon. As such I think the appropriate response to BAWT would indeed be to eff off.  They haven't even addressed the loss of Ebosele though which is the  biggest dropped baalock made by  Quantuma so far.  

40 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Mel Morris has everything to answer for. He has gone down in our history as the worst owner we have ever had by a country mile. An absolute odious human being at every level, enjoy your hundreds of millions you are a disgrace.

I'm with you 100% @Yani P

Exactly that..I mean they would pay no debts, probably get the ground for peanuts ...it makes a lot of sense as it's clear they don't want to buy us as a strong championship club.

Probably a mile off but the inaction did make me wonder.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

He doesnt need to reduce it, the new owners don't have to buy it.

Infact why would they want to?

But from what I understand, the £20m loan is on the Clubs books, but secured on the Stadium which is owed by MM.

If that is the case, the buyer has to settle the debt (or take on the loan). Its only MM problem if the Club is liquidated.

So, if my mind is working properly and this information is correct  the club is liable for a £20m loan on a Stadium they still won't own after its paid, unless MM then signs it over?

Edited by RipleyRich

27 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I'm no expert on Administration as luckily not been through it myself, but is there any angle here where a potential buyer might actually prefer to see us liquidated then start the Phoenix club?

No because we wouldn't start in League one and the longer this draws out, we wouldn't start in League 2.

We might start in the jokes League's below League 2.

If that happened, derby have almost zero value.

57 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Doesn't quite work like that,there is a minimum requirement they have to be offered apart from unsecured creditors.

And if the assets of the business that is in administration doesn't cover this minimum requirement when liquidated, then what? I'm assuming they have to accept a share of the amount available to all the creditors

So any potential buyer would only need to offer slightly more than the current assets of the business, to give any creditor a larger payment then it would receive if the business was liquidated.