The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

'All bidders and interested parties are aware of the timeframes we expect them to work to and we are working with them to ensure that all remaining and appropriate bids are presented as a matter of urgency'

That, to me, suggests that nobody has made a bid.

Or no one has made a bid to satisfy all creditors and the EFL sufficiently to avoid a -15 point deduction next season. Hence why they have presented a winning bid. Admins trying to drive the price up, buyers trying to drive it down forcing some particular creditors to compromise (Mel!) 

59 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

I dont think any player is worth £500.000 a week no matter who he plays for. Thats the reason football is in a mess.

But they can afford it, it's reasonable to their budget, the alternative is owners keep the money for themselves.

6 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Or no one has made a bid to satisfy all creditors and the EFL sufficiently to avoid a -15 point deduction next season. Hence why they have presented a winning bid. Admins trying to drive the price up, buyers trying to drive it down forcing some particular creditors to compromise (Mel!) 

A bid of £30 million from binnies including buying a stadium we do not own. Such a low ball bid would quite possibly lead to us being expelled from the league due to not paying football creditors 100%. And possibly liquidated as well. So we need a lot more than that I think. GOC said £44m to avoid points penalty iirc. 

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

A bid of £30 million from binnies including buying a stadium we do not own. Such a low ball bid would quite possibly lead to us being expelled from the league due to not paying football creditors 100%. And possibly liquidated as well. So we need a lot more than that I think. GOC said £44m to avoid points penalty iirc. 

£28 million without stadium was previous bid. Assuming lease deal could be achieved with Mel, GOC said £28m would work to satisfy creditors making certain assumption eg HMRC agreeing to 25%

Q are raising price bidders lowering the price - or placing conditions on what they will pay for the stadium!?- It will run for weeks, its a negotiation. The fact they’ve been given to the end of the season because we can complete fixtures means the negotiation will likely continue to the end of the season. 

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

£28 million without stadium was previous bid. Assuming lease deal could be achieved with Mel, GOC said £28m would work to satisfy creditors making certain assumption eg HMRC agreeing to 25%

Q are raising price bidders lowering the price - or placing conditions on what they will pay for the stadium!?- It will run for weeks, its a negotiation. The fact they’ve been given to the end of the season because we can complete fixtures means the negotiation will likely continue to the end of the season. 

You mean Parkinson's Law has kicked in, then?

So for the sake of a few million, these shrewd bidders are allowing our most saleable asset to swan out the door for fook all. What an absolute bunch of plums. Ego-maniacal dick-swingers, picking over the carcass of our club to prove they're the Alpha's who always get what they want, even if their methodologies are to their own financial detriment as well as that of the club. Couldn't make this poo up.

Beginning to think that the cause of the Geordies hatred of Ashley was not their own self-entitlement after all, but rather the fact that he is indeed an absolute bell. As for Morris, what a grubby little man he turned out to be. He's broken every promise he ever made and destroyed a founder member simply to feed his egotistical ****-bank. Even the academy, the one lasting positive legacy from his tenure is now being systematically stripped of its jewels. I wonder how it feels to be the most hated man in football. Best stay out of Derby Morris, as if you are stupid enough to revisit the club you claimed to love, it's certain to get real ugly, real quick.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

You mean Parkinson's Law has kicked in, then?

To some degree yes, but in every negotiation I’ve been in you set a deadline it goes beyond the deadline, in our case the cliff edge has been moved so both parties will prolong discussions to get the best agreement. The time we run out of money is ultimately the cliff edge. 

The only way it will be concluded more quickly is if a buyer makes a bid that will satisfy all parties. That clearly has not happened. This means any deal when it happens (and I’m confident a deal will happen) will likely result in -15 points next season or, a major creditor backs down on his demands regarding a very important asset in his name, in which case a deal will probably be done quickly.

9 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

So for the sake of a few million, these shrewd bidders are allowing our most saleable asset to swan out the door for fook all. What an absolute bunch of plums. Ego-maniacal dick-swingers, picking over the carcass of our club to prove they're the Alpha's who always get what they want, even if their methodologies are to their own financial detriment as well as that of the club. Couldn't make this poo up.

Beginning to think that the cause of the Geordies hatred of Ashley was not their own self-entitlement after all, but rather the fact that he is indeed an absolute bell. As for Morris, what a grubby little man he turned out to be. He's broken every promise he ever made and destroyed a founder member simply to feed his egotistical ****-bank. Even the academy, the one lasting positive legacy from his tenure is now being systematically stripped of its jewels. I wonder how it feels to be the most hated man in football. Best stay out of Derby Morris, as if you are stupid enough to revisit the club you claimed to love, it's certain to get real ugly, real quick.

Agree with all this but don’t blame the bidders - this is all on Mel and the biggest irony is the academy he sunk so much cash in and has produced so much talent we could sell for millions is as you say being pulled apart and those players leaving for peanuts all because he decided to pull the plug.

Forest have a Greek owner but Mel has created the ultimate Greek Tragedy!

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

I Imagine if they did execute this plan the highest bid would mean -15 in league 1 and admins probably don’t want this on our record. They’re probably hoping we stay up so either the bids go up, other parties come in or -15 in championship it is. 

By trying to stay up we’ve probably done ourselves more harm.

Losing Jagielka and Shinnie whilst not being able to bring in a centre forward all but killed a realistic hope whilst we were in January of staying up.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

In the previous 1073 pages this may have been covered, but why don't the administrators simply give a final deadline for bidders (a sort of sealed bids scenario) and then take the highest, name them as the preferred bidder and proceed with the sale?

I thought they had someone lined up in December. 

Then I thought there was a deadline for bids a few weeks ago. 

Chelsea for sale for 60x what we were supposedly worth and the deadline for bids is tonight. 

I’m starting to believe that Q don’t have a Scooby what they’re doing. 

13 minutes ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

I thought they had someone lined up in December. 

Then I thought there was a deadline for bids a few weeks ago. 

Chelsea for sale for 60x what we were supposedly worth and the deadline for bids is tonight. 

I’m starting to believe that Q don’t have a Scooby what they’re doing. 

I’m starting to think it’s Mel Morris who won’t compromise on the stadium valuation and it’s holding everything up. I think to make any deal go through he would have to ask for a lot less because the debts are just so high. If players are allowed to leave anyone will be paying for debt and a league 1 club, as well as purchasing the stadium separately. All those Daily Mail articles etc were right, buyers were walking away a long time ago because of the crazy debts. Incredible how Derby has been run and for good measure EFL have added to it a lot. 
Hard to be positive at the moment. Really tough situation, seemingly the worst time for a club to be in administration. 

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Think the annoying thing for me is that we, as a fanbase, built up a real head of steam but then all took our foot off the gas based on, what has turned out to be, more lies from the administrators. 

Not even bothering reading their statement, they are about as honest as MM.

Think there is only so much pressure the fans can put ... the fans pressured the EFL etc and the Gibson situation seemingly resolved with Morris intervention, but Why is there no preferred bidder? No one is offering anywhere near the right amount due to the debt. I don’t really think there is a solution unless Morris reduces the asking price for the stadium dramatically, or some billionaire is keen on Derby.