The Administration Thread

Boycie

Am I going mad or did Quantuma suggest ages ago after a Meeting with fans groups that one of the supporters groups was looking at crowdfunding? The sensible thing on paper would seem to be to crowd fund towards buying the ground or a % ownership of it but I the issue is that essentially is crowd funding for Mel!! Does anyone know whether some sort of campaign had been considered at all? It just seems weird that it hasnt been

14 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Am I going mad or did Quantuma suggest ages ago after a Meeting with fans groups that one of the supporters groups was looking at crowdfunding? The sensible thing on paper would seem to be to crowd fund towards buying the ground or a % ownership of it but I the issue is that essentially is crowd funding for Mel!! Does anyone know whether some sort of campaign had been considered at all? It just seems weird that it hasnt been

I mentioned the over the day and feel this needs to be considered at the moment. 

11 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I mentioned the over the day and feel this needs to be considered at the moment. 

Sorry I must have missed in the volume. I think its probably just Mel's continued involvement due to stadium that makes it so tricky as to how to direct any money raised. Also needs a trusted partner to run it.  Surprised this isnt something Team Derby would have taken on?

13 hours ago, Oldben said:

No because we wouldn't start in League one and the longer this draws out, we wouldn't start in League 2.

We might start in the jokes League's below League 2.

If that happened, derby have almost zero value.

These businessmen don't care what league we start in. If they get the naming rights, etc for pennies and don't have to pay off any of the debt its still a much better deal for them. We wont start at the very bottom of the pyramid as Bury have shown and with a minimal investment they would probably have us back in the football league in short order.

I definitely don't want the above to happen, but I am a Derby County fan. These businessmen don't care, they have no ties to the club and they will do whatever they see as best for their wallet.

5 minutes ago, GenBr said:

These businessmen don't care what league we start in. If they get the naming rights, etc for pennies and don't have to pay off any of the debt its still a much better deal for them. We wont start at the very bottom of the pyramid as Bury have shown and with a minimal investment they would probably have us back in the football league in short order.

I definitely don't want the above to happen, but I am a Derby County fan. These businessmen don't care, they have no ties to the club and they will do whatever they see as best for their wallet.

But how can that be good business for them, the only way they will make any money is to get us in the Prem…

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But how can that be good business for them, the only way they will make any money is to get us in the Prem…

Did you miss the part where we are currently tens of millions of pounds in debt? If they buy us when we're in League one or the Championship they won't make any money either. Nobody is buying a football league club expecting to make money on it. The only way anybody makes a profit really is getting us to the Premier League.

They have to start with a £60 million investment to even have a the minimum amount of players to compete next season if they buy us now. If they let the club go under and just buy the naming rights for a handful of magic beans they may feel that they can get us to the Prem for less than £60mill if they invest it wisely. Bury FC are starting potentially in tier 6 - not saying we'd start at the same level, but its not that many promotions for them to get back into the Football League.

36 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

The administrators have really pushed back against this every time it has been mooted.

They just keep telling us to buy tickets, hospitality, merchandise (in that order.)

I understand they are concerned about what fans would want back in return for our money e.g. (shock, horror!) a say in how our club is run.

That's what needs to change in future because at the moment the fans have no say in what happens to our club.

Whatever happens in the next few weeks, we have to keep fighting for this. We cannot let the men in suits, be that owners, officials, administrators keep getting their way.

36 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Sorry I must have missed in the volume. I think its probably just Mel's continued involvement due to stadium that makes it so tricky as to how to direct any money raised. Also needs a trusted partner to run it.  Surprised this isnt something Team Derby would have taken on?

I agree 100%. I used to feel the administrators should help coordinate it but as I am losing faith I think Team Derby should take it on.

21 minutes ago, angieram said:

The administrators have really pushed back against this every time it has been mooted.

They just keep telling us to buy tickets, hospitality, merchandise (in that order.)

I understand they are concerned about what fans would want back in return for our money e.g. (shock, horror!) a say in how our club is run.

That's what needs to change in future because at the moment the fans have no say in what happens to our club.

Whatever happens in the next few weeks, we have to keep fighting for this. We cannot let the men in suits, be that owners, officials, administrators keep getting their way.

Totally agree Angie. Especially as such change being supported by the fan led review. Would be ideal opportunity to implement change at Derby so you would hope there would be more political interest and action. I think the most worrying thing is how the fight and action seems to have gone generally over the last 2-3 weeks. Hopefully reenergising for another push. 

45 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Did you miss the part where we are currently tens of millions of pounds in debt? If they buy us when we're in League one or the Championship they won't make any money either. Nobody is buying a football league club expecting to make money on it. The only way anybody makes a profit really is getting us to the Premier League.

They have to start with a £60 million investment to even have a the minimum amount of players to compete next season if they buy us now. If they let the club go under and just buy the naming rights for a handful of magic beans they may feel that they can get us to the Prem for less than £60mill if they invest it wisely. Bury FC are starting potentially in tier 6 - not saying we'd start at the same level, but its not that many promotions for them to get back into the Football League.

Think you are agreeing with me ?

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

People are willing to buy Chelsea for billions. People do not want to buy Derby for £50m! That’s the problem and that’s why it’s taking so long.

If it was £30m or £40m with the stadium we’d have been bought by now and probably wouldn’t have gone into administration 

This just shows how much the ridiculous amounts of money at the top of the game have ruined football.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Sadly, whilst in principle it sounds good, I fear the thoughts of being constrained by fans having a say in what happens may well put any new owners off. 

3 hours ago, CBRammette said:

That was a rumoured and long may it remain so, crowdfunding wouldn't raise enough to buy derby.