The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

In the previous 1073 pages this may have been covered, but why don't the administrators simply give a final deadline for bidders (a sort of sealed bids scenario) and then take the highest, name them as the preferred bidder and proceed with the sale?

Because we can't exit administration without either a CVA or a court order. If none of the bids are high enough to achieve one or the other, they are not viable. If the bids are not viable, Quantuma will not get paid. They will, however get paid in the event of liquidation. 

There is also the matter of the MSD charge over the club, which then links everything to the stadium and Mel Morris. It's possible that no bid can be accepted without the agreement of those two parties. 

1 minute ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Think there is only so much pressure the fans can put ... the fans pressured the EFL etc and the Gibson situation seemingly resolved with Morris intervention, but Why is there no preferred bidder? No one is offering anywhere near the right amount due to the debt. I don’t really think there is a solution unless Morris reduces the asking price for the stadium dramatically, or some billionaire is keen on Derby. 

He doesnt need to reduce it, the new owners don't have to buy it.

Infact why would they want to?

Just now, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

New owners would want to own the most significant asset. 

Why? Its not the clubs asset.

Plenty of successful businesses don't own the premises they operate from.

If they want the ground because its an asset that can generate money, then pay for it.

If they they think its overprice because it doesnt generate anything then dont buy it.

4 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Because we can't exit administration without either a CVA or a court order. If none of the bids are high enough to achieve one or the other, they are not viable. If the bids are not viable, Quantuma will not get paid. They will, however get paid in the event of liquidation. 

There is also the matter of the MSD charge over the club, which then links everything to the stadium and Mel Morris. It's possible that no bid can be accepted without the agreement of those two parties. 

Can just be a written agreement from all creditors, not necessarily a court order 

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why? Its not the clubs asset.

Plenty of successful businesses don't own the premises they operate from.

If they want the ground because its an asset that can generate money, then pay for it.

If they they think its overprice because it doesnt generate anything then dont buy it.

I am sure they would pay for it but they would also pay for debt as well which probably reduces the amount of money they will want to stump up. Any new owner won’t have many assets at the club. A stadium will offer good revenue stream. 

8 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I don’t think there is any scenario whereby Q won’t get paid and, whilst they may be expensive and none of may be particularly impressed with them, that’s the way it should be. Otherwise there would be a severe shortage of people prepared to act as administrators. If the bids are not viable then surely there is no alternative to liquidation.

Can potential buyers not simply rent the ground for a year or so at a very good rate (don't some clubs pay the council very little to rent theirs) and then pay a pre agreement purchase price then.

I.e mel want 20mill for the ground now, so buyers agree to buy it in 2 years for thst cost but don't have the shock of having to drop 20mill straight away and can try and get the club in order over those years?

Not possible?

Too simple?

Not legal?

I honestly don't know.

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Think the annoying thing for me is that we, as a fanbase, built up a real head of steam but then all took our foot off the gas based on, what has turned out to be, more lies from the administrators. 

Not even bothering reading their statement, they are about as honest as MM.

It's almost as if they just wanted the fans to shut up and eff off

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

In the previous 1073 pages this may have been covered, but why don't the administrators simply give a final deadline for bidders (a sort of sealed bids scenario) and then take the highest, name them as the preferred bidder and proceed with the sale?

Because administration doesn't work like that,it is not a case of highest bidder takes all.

If we keep losing players like we are, come the end of the season will there be any assets left to sell off, when it comes time to liquidated the club?

As for any potential buyer, other than the club's name, will there be anything left worth buying?  The value of the club must be dropping by the day. Definitely feeling more and more like a buyers market

No idea what sort of payments the creditors are wanting. But if I was one of the creditors I'd be telling the administrators to sell the club for whatever they can get. Because the way things are going the creditors will be lucky if they get 5 pence in the pound, if that.

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

‘On 11 March, we shared an update with Derby County Football Club staff and subsequently the media in which we advised that the joint administrators were continuing to work with bidders and prospective purchasers who remain interested in buying the Club. These bids and interest remain, and our work to secure an appropriate valuation for the Club is progressing.

"Details of discussions with interested parties are subject to non-disclosure agreements and cannot be made public without the risk of ongoing negotiations being jeopardised and a compromising of our ability to preserve the value of the Club. We have provided an update to the EFL this week. We share supporters’ frustrations and understand their desire for a preferred bidder to be named at the earliest opportunity."

Now Curtains the words I have highlighted have an s at the end. Your wife might be moaning that you are not giving her multiple orgasms, but if my wife gets 2 (even in a calendar year) she seems genuinely quite surprised and happy.

Curtains wife may be moaning and so might yours but they could both  be faking it. If these bids were serious would a real bidder be letting our best young talent leave for nothing?     

I pop on this thread every now and again to see if anything momentous has happened but it’s just more of the same as it has been for months and months, posters giving their views, possible scenarios, what might happen, what might not happen etc etc. every possible event seems to have been outlined over and over again.         Wake me up when something meaningful happens 

1 hour ago, Rev said:

I'm sorry, my knowledge is a little shaky. 

What is Parkinson's law?

If that was a pun...

a/  It's a bit sick.
b/  You have the wrong Parkinson.*
c/  I'm a big fan of puns.
d/  I'm not averse to sick jokes.

The upshot being, whilst I'm reluctant to offer a laughing reaction (due to a/ above), I will now go back immediately, and offer a "Like" reaction, (due to c/ above).

If it wasn't a pun...

Google it!  ?

*I'm making an assumption here, in all honesty.  I've actually no idea, and both could well be named after the same Mr (or Mrs?) Parkinson?  ?‍♂️

17 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Curtains wife may be moaning and so might yours but they could both  be faking it. If these bids were serious would a real bidder be letting our best young talent leave for nothing?     

Until a bidder is announced as the preferred option (if that ever happens) what exactly do you expect any currently interested parties to do? Like it or not, we are clearly in the hands of the administrators.

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

It's been said by several, in defence of the Administrators, that they cannot force the interested parties to increase their bids.

Fair enough. Perfectly true.

But they have declined bids from Kirchner and the Binnies that, to me, didn't seem that far away from the reported asking price. So, even if it had meant the extra 15 point deduction for not being able to pay the debts in full, at least we would have new owners and a future.

They won't have declined the bids without cause, there will be reasons why their bids were rejected, just because they weren't that far away from the reported asking price doesn't mean they were acceptable,reasons which we never know,at this time anyway.

48 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

I am sure they would pay for it but they would also pay for debt as well which probably reduces the amount of money they will want to stump up. Any new owner won’t have many assets at the club. A stadium will offer good revenue stream. 

What revenue stream will an owned stadium provide that a leased one wont?