Petition to strip Melvyn of his CBE

Charlie George

Sounds like pure spite. Ooh I'm in! But wait... there's a proper process for this and just like @iRam I think The Queen may have other things to do!

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/having-honours-taken-away-forfeiture#can-honours-be-removed

What is the process for forfeiture?

Recommendations to remove honours are considered by the Forfeiture Committee. Each case is considered individually. The Committee’s recommendations for forfeiture are submitted through the Prime Minister to the Queen. If the Queen gives her approval, a notice of forfeiture is usually placed in the London Gazette.

What is the role of the Forfeiture Committee?

The Forfeiture Committee considers cases put to it when the holder of an honour has brought the honours system into disrepute. Examples include if an individual:

has been found guilty by the courts of a criminal offence and sentenced to a term of imprisonment of more than three months

has been censured or struck off by the relevant regulatory authority or professional body, for actions or failures to act, especially which are directly relevant to the granting of the honour

has been found guilty by the courts of a criminal offence covered by the Sexual Offences Act 2003 (England and Wales), Sexual Offences Order 2008 (Northern Ireland) or Sexual Offences Act 2009 (Scotland);

has been found to have committed a sexual act which is listed in the Acts above following a ‘trial of the facts’.

But the Committee is not restricted to these two criteria, and any case can be considered where there is evidence to suggest that the retention of an honour would bring the honours system into disrepute.

The Committee is not an investigatory body – it does not decide whether or not someone is guilty or innocent of a particular act. Instead, it reflects the findings of official investigations and makes a recommendation of whether or not the honours system has been brought into disrepute.

39 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

The link mentions CBE and MBE. It’s important to get it right. It’s CBE. The rules for forfeiture are:-

The Forfeiture Committee considers cases put to it when the holder of an honour has brought the honours system into disrepute. Examples include if an individual:

has been found guilty by the courts of a criminal offence and sentenced to a term of imprisonment of more than three months

has been censured or struck off by the relevant regulatory authority or professional body, for actions or failures to act, especially which are directly relevant to the granting of the honour

has been found guilty by the courts of a criminal offence covered by the Sexual Offences Act 2003 (England and Wales), Sexual Offences Order 2008 (Northern Ireland) or Sexual Offences Act 2009 (Scotland);

has been found to have committed a sexual act which is listed in the Acts above following a ‘trial of the facts’.

But the Committee is not restricted to these two criteria, and any case can be considered where there is evidence to suggest that the retention of an honour would bring the honours system into disrepute.

The blokes a twit for what he has done to our club. That he will carry for ever.

I would rather be able to be called a Derby Fan and be respected by fellow fans than any CBE could give me. I think his exclusion into the wilderness is sufficient enough for me. Let him sit at home counting his millions and polishing his CBE while we support the Rams.

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I've been part of a charity that pursued and gained a striking off of a cbe. 

But that was for convicted fraud where the fraudster got 5 years. 

I don't believe Mel Morris has done anything criminal, despite what we think of him. 

To leave Derby County in the state it’s in is criminal. The bloke should be put in stocks by the Clough and Taylor statue and people should be able to throw tomatoes at him for a quid a shot until all the debts are paid off.