Petition to strip Melvyn of his CBE

Charlie George

48 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Social media warriors at it again. Can’t believe the mods are allowing this thread on a respectable fans forum.

That's a tricky one. The post doesn't break any rules. 

There's another thread where posters are accusing us of removing anything critical about Mel (we don't,  we just remove the insults and other libellous stuff.)

So all we can do here is voice our disagreement.

I DISAGREE!I Disagree Adam Sandler GIF by A24

I can't stand Mel Morris, honestly think putting us into administration when he didn't need to is sickening - especially from a so-called fan of the club. 

I could not care less about his CBE - as long as I don't ever hear from him or see him again then I will be better for it. 

17 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I can't stand Mel Morris, honestly think putting us into administration when he didn't need to is sickening - especially from a so-called fan of the club. 

I could not care less about his CBE - as long as I don't ever hear from him or see him again then I will be better for it. 

Really you’ve not mentioned it before.

1 hour ago, jono said:

Not for me. Mels business failure at DCFC is hugely upsetting but he has been a long time charity donor and despite what anyone says .. he tried with Derby, he failed spectacularly, has been unwise, but to engage in petty spiteful revenge is to me small minded and unworthy. Yuk !

Long time charity donor who left St John’s Ambulance (a charity) £9,000 worse off. 

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Why not? Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it should be taken down. 

I agree. I don’t want to live in an echo chamber where we fuel each other’s sense of self righteousness 

I think this suggestion (the thread) isn’t pleasant but others feel sufficiently aggrieved.. so .. let’s all talk about it and air our opinions. Isn’t that what a forum is for ? ( Even though I am right about everything, obviously) 

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Why not? Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it should be taken down. 

Just because you agree with it doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be taken down. The guidelines say that personal attacks are not alllowed. How is this not a personal attack?

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Just because you agree with it doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be taken down. The guidelines say that personal attacks are not alllowed. How is this not a personal attack?

I asked the Mrs for a definition of attack. She knows bloody everything, and I can confirm it is either a) a small, sharp broad-headed nail, or b) a long stitch used to fasten fabrics together temporarily, prior to permanent sewing.

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Original post is a link to a poll. Title describes the poll. 

It doesn't make any allegations, or cast any questions over Mel. Certainly makes no accusations. It doesn't even suggest the poster agrees with it. 

Are people allowed different opinions on here? 

16 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Original post is a link to a poll. Title describes the poll. 

It doesn't make any allegations, or cast any questions over Mel. Certainly makes no accusations. It doesn't even suggest the poster agrees with it. 

Are people allowed different opinions on here? 

Subsequent posters have said they have signed it indicating they agree that Mel Morris has done something wrong sufficient for an honour to be removed.

The only thing that Derby county has been found guilty of by any independent body is a breach of an accounting standard . 

As Mel Morris is not an accountant I would suggest even that breach is not directly his fault.

on what possible grounds can any reasonable person allege there is currently any evidence for the honours committee to remove an honour? 

such a penalty is normally reserved for convicted criminal  offenders .. and usually quite serious criminal offences too.

I think it is a fair challenge for the poster to ask how is this thread allowed since it is fairly obviously a personal attack by any reasonable interpreatation.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

That's a tricky one. The post doesn't break any rules. 

There's another thread where posters are accusing us of removing anything critical about Mel (we don't,  we just remove the insults and other libellous stuff.)

So all we can do here is voice our disagreement.

I DISAGREE!I Disagree Adam Sandler GIF by A24

So how is not an insult to remove an honour? Doesn’t it suggest he is dishonourable in some way? 

Let’s not forget that he was awarded the CBE for his contribution to business and charity.

His contribution to charitable causes includes buying a £1.2m robotic surgeon for the Royal Derby Hospital.

He also supported the Colin Bloomfield Melanoma Appeal, set up in memory of the BBC Radio Derby broadcaster who died from skin cancer in 2015.

39 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Subsequent posters have said they have signed it indicating they agree that Mel Morris has done something wrong sufficient for an honour to be removed.

The only thing that Derby county has been found guilty of by any independent body is a breach of an accounting standard . 

As Mel Morris is not an accountant I would suggest even that breach is not directly his fault.

on what possible grounds can any reasonable person allege there is currently any evidence for the honours committee to remove an honour? 

such a penalty is normally reserved for convicted criminal  offenders .. and usually quite serious criminal offences too.

I think it is a fair challenge for the poster to ask how is this thread allowed since it is fairly obviously a personal attack by any reasonable interpreatation.

Stop being ridiculous.