Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

A lot of companies are structured to run off debt …. and do it very successfully. So in my opinion whether this bloke is a billionaire or not is irrelevant - particularly in the championship. The killer question is does he have access to suitable and sustainable funds (debt or equity), does his business model allow him to service the debt (and make investments in the right areas). If the investors confident of earning a decent return over time and in the case of debt investor -  that when their debt matures the business will be able to pay that back……dare I say it….. with new debt and a different interest rate - then so what. As others have pointed out, having wealthy owner -  in the world of P&S is more challenging and ends up with higher risk strategies - where the owner maybe tries to stretch the boundaries beyond the affordable in the knowledge he could fund the higher consequence outcomes from personal wealth for a period of time. 

Right now, I feel we’re crying out for someone who tries to run our club as a long term sustainable business - lives within the means - creates a stable environment for the management team to plan and evolve the team with investment. Rooney has made shrewd signings without a pot to p in so it’s proven he doesn’t need millions - he just needs to have clear communication from the club and know what he can work with in advance and plan accordingly.  And yes I’m sure that model will include selling players at the right price and the right time.

Whether Kirchner is the right man for the job - I don’t know. But at least he’s been communicated his intent and given us all something to get excited/cynical about!! 

19 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

A lot of companies are structured to run off debt …. and do it very successfully. So in my opinion whether this bloke is a billionaire or not is irrelevant - particularly in the championship. The killer question is does he have access to suitable and sustainable funds (debt or equity), does his business model allow him to service the debt (and make investments in the right areas). If the investors confident of earning a decent return over time and in the case of debt investor -  that when their debt matures the business will be able to pay that back……dare I say it….. with new debt and a different interest rate - then so what. As others have pointed out, having wealthy owner -  in the world of P&S is more challenging and ends up with higher risk strategies - where the owner maybe tries to stretch the boundaries beyond the affordable in the knowledge he could fund the higher consequence outcomes from personal wealth for a period of time. 

Right now, I feel we’re crying out for someone who tries to run our club as a long term sustainable business - lives within the means - creates a stable environment for the management team to plan and evolve the team with investment. Rooney has made shrewd signings without a pot to p in so it’s proven he doesn’t need millions - he just needs to have clear communication from the club and know what he can work with in advance and plan accordingly.  And yes I’m sure that model will include selling players at the right price and the right time.

Whether Kirchner is the right man for the job - I don’t know. But at least he’s been communicated his intent and given us all something to get excited/cynical about!! 

Absolutely Sir. I think the latter he’s written to the fans is indicative of a very shrewd and emotionally intelligent chap; he seems to understand football and share a love for the game and he knows what it means to Derby. Now he’s set the ball rolling the other interested party will have to act. 

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Hm ... nothing online indicates he has a billionaires resources.

Unless he does I'm thinking other bids are better.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-takeover-kirchner-rooney-6112478?utm_source=derbyshire_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=welcome_dcfc_newsletter2&utm_medium=email&pure360.trackingid=

Talks about the finances he does have access to

Screenshot_20211026-072134_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sorry, what other bids are you thinking are better?

And why would you need to be a billionaire to finance losses of £13m per annum?

Edited by G STAR RAM

If it turns out that there is more than one interested party at the end of the due diligence process (ie people haven’t been scared off), do you think the administrators will just plump for the party with the most cash (I’m assuming the asking price will be the same whoever is bidding) or will they determine who would be the ‘best fit’ to run the club in the long term?  
Obviously a moot point if it comes down to a bidding war, but if there’s more than one who can meet the asking price, I wonder what the criteria will be.

10 hours ago, rammieib said:

So Nixon is responding to some fans questions but I would bet a bottom dollar if someone asks him how this guy is a millionaire, then he won’t have a clue.

Also Nixon and Steve Nicholson both release something at roughly the same time…. A letter which was issued through the Press Association.

Am I daft here or where is the scoop from either of them?

However like anything, people hang on Nixon’s cocktails like he’s the messiah whilst Nicholson needs to get something released in today’s social media world so has no time to do proper due diligence on this guy.

Is he a Mojito or Margarita man?

34 minutes ago, LazloW said:

If it turns out that there is more than one interested party at the end of the due diligence process (ie people haven’t been scared off), do you think the administrators will just plump for the party with the most cash (I’m assuming the asking price will be the same whoever is bidding) or will they determine who would be the ‘best fit’ to run the club in the long term?  
Obviously a moot point if it comes down to a bidding war, but if there’s more than one who can meet the asking price, I wonder what the criteria will be.

Hope he manages to pull this off, he seems a much better option than Ashley etc.

13 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

His profile on Linked.in is kinda weird

He ran his own "entertainments" company for 4 years - then did a couple of years at Best Buy working on their Magnolia home theatre (sorry, theater)  range. Then did 18 months in sales and marketing at a family label making business, before starting Slync.io 4 years ago

He's only 34 so that pretty much accounts for everything he's done since graduating college

I don't see how he can be a billionaire - and if he was, why is he raising $70m dollars of funding from investors and not just taking it from down the back of his sofa?

That reads to me, as he's desperately trying to grow a young promising business - fair play to him - but

Something doesn't quite add up, as to why he has to find investors to grow his own company, yet is suddenly dead keen on buying a football club that needs at least that much money again,  just clear it's debts as a starting move

Question is: are the bankers telling him he could float his business (or sell it to google) tomorrow for billions. In his sector the earnings are not really an indication of value 

I get why fans are sceptical. It’s healthy, especially given the chancers and tyre kickers we've had so far.

But for those comparing this guy to Alonso - do you not think the admins are doing a better job than Mel at finding appropriate bidders? I’ve not seen anything to show I shouldn’t trust them yet. They'll have already seen proof of funds, reportedly to the tune of £150m+.

Also, for those questioning net worth, aren't Norwich's owners worth relative peanuts?

Bit of credit where it’s due to Steve Nicholson who got his article out before anyone else naming Chris Kirchner.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-takeover-american-administration-6111979

You can feed on the scraps from the hands of Nixon all you like, Team Nicho FTW!

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

I think legally they have to go for the highest bid as they’re required to get the best deal for the creditors right?? 

21 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Bit of credit where it’s due to Steve Nicholson who got his article out before anyone else naming Chris Kirchner.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-takeover-american-administration-6111979

You can feed on the scraps from the hands of Nixon all you like, Team Nicho FTW!

Feel sorry for him tbh 

i know the det has gone a bit clickbaity and it annoys the hell out of me 

but hes Derby, he gives a crap and for me his match ananlysis is pretty spot on

Same goes for ed dawes too