Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I thought MM said we had a sustainable model now?

Even with our points deduction we are looking competitive. 

Bielik back soon.

Add a striker to this squad and we could be very competitve and also not leaking money.

Brentford already proved it's possible to run a sustainable club and succeed.

9 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

He said the EFL are doing a wonderful job. I’m out. If his letter had a crude drawing of a rooster and balls with an arrow pointing at it saying ‘This is Steve Gibson this is’ then I might have been convinced. As it stands, not for me. 

I read that ‘both’ as referring to the two administrators, rather than ‘the EFL and the administrators’. He goes on to talk about the EFL’s aims in the next sentence. 

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Add a striker to this squad and we could be very competitve and also not leaking as much money.

Point taken, i was going off Mel claiming he was still underwriting £1.5m a month (i think it was) after cutting things back a long way. GSE were losing something like £7m a year during the nigel years. You're right we're probably a lot more reasonable now (weird for a club in administration, eh?) than we were at peak Mel.

5 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Point taken, i was going off Mel claiming he was still underwriting £1.5m a month (i think it was) after cutting things back a long way. GSE were losing something like £7m a year during the nigel years. You're right we're probably a lot more reasonable now (weird for a club in administration, eh?) than we were at peak Mel.

But MM was, allegedly, writing them cheques due to income being £20m down wasn't he?

8 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

He's clearly related to Cristina Kirchner fernandez and therefore has the backing of the entire argentine state. 

So that's us with 20 pesos in the bank and the corpse of Diego Maradona on the bench in the January transfer window.... ?

Is this step 1 of a really cunning plan to regain the Falklands then?

Hm ... nothing online indicates he has a billionaires resources.

Unless he does I'm thinking other bids are better.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-takeover-kirchner-rooney-6112478?utm_source=derbyshire_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=welcome_dcfc_newsletter2&utm_medium=email&pure360.trackingid=

Talks about the finances he does have access to

Screenshot_20211026-072134_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Oldben
Added more content

Having a billionaire owner won't automatically make everyone happy, otherwise Mike Ashley wouldn't have been drummed out of Newcastle and Arsenal fans wouldn't be unhappy with Stan Kroenke. For now, we just need someone with the funds to buy the club and the integrity and know-how to run it properly on at least a break-even basis. If they have the money to fund losses within ffp limits and invest in infrastructure too, that'd be a bonus. 

9 hours ago, Crewton said:

As for Wycombe's claim, I hope they've laminated it because otherwise it might disintegrate after the Administrators have finished crying with laughter all over it. 

As far as I’m aware he did a mini Q &A on Twitter and basically confirmed the following:

A) he’s not a billionaire 

b) the administrators required  evidence £100 m in business 

c) will be at Blackburn game 

I just want a football club that has a chance of staying in the Championship this season and not facing the prospect of selling Bird etc. in January. If not, being run sensibly in League 1 and retaining as much of our young talent as possible. 

Anything else I would class as massively greedy considering the position we are in. 

Couldn't give a duck if he has billions or just enough for us to operate sustainably. His attitude to the future of our club is more important. 

3 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_owners_of_English_football_clubs

Looking at the vast wealth of other Championship owners, that Derby are competing against.

All that list does is prove that having a billionaire in the Championship is less important than being run well. Clubs with the richer owners don't tend to spend more or do any better.