Embargo.

simmoram1995

2 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

No i don't know the guy,but i have seen him emblazoned all over the back pages when he signed Lampard / Rooney but when the going gets tough he makes the various supporters groups sign a NDA and has the audacity to say if fans start booing him he could walk away.That tells me all i need to know about the guy.

Fans shouldn't be too surprised if, after telling the owner to "GTF out of our club" often enough, he does precisely what they've asked him to do.

Complaining about someone simply following instructions seems a bit precious. 

28 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Fans shouldn't be too surprised if, after telling the owner to "GTF out of our club" often enough, he does precisely what they've asked him to do.

But he's not GTF has he!

Mel is solely responsible for where we are, he obviously wanted us to make the Prem..he is a fan after all and it's a project any of us would relish if we had the finances to do it.

The Academy is a fantastic asset that has had to serve us well in recent times. 

But he has failed in his Project and he has managed it abysmally in recent times. His vanity project (some might say) is hopefully almost at an end but are we any nearer to finding a buyer? All I hope is that we survive this period and manage to remain in the league this season. That will be a massive achievement for Rooney, his backroom team and the players. 

Mel will not be looked back on fondly by a great many fans for what he has done with DCFC, others as seen in this thread will give him some credit for giving it a go. I personally just want him gone so that we can just focus on the game and our club.

8 hours ago, Eatonram said:

Yeah I would also like to “thank Mel” but genuinely not sarcastically….. for funding the clubs deficit in income for the last 7 years to the tune of about 200 million when no one else has stepped forward with the cash. So genuinely thanks Mr Morris. 

Having such a large deficit is his fault and spending 200 million on it was entirely up to him. The club could easily be run at break even if he'd wanted to. You can thank him for a lot of things, but this is just silly.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Please don’t generalise. I suspect that whilst the vast majority of us fans may hold Mel primarily responsible for our predicament, I believe that not many of us are being quite as blunt to tell him to “GTF out of our club”.

Maybe he can’t get his hands on any cash and can’t sell the club and is taking the only route left available to him … i.e. just keep the club trundling along with minima wage bill.

I mean I’m all for slamming Mel, but I have a bit of sympathy for a guy who’s spent 200 mill and still has a cash hungry asset in his hands that he can’t get shot of.

14 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Having such a large deficit is his fault and spending 200 million on it was entirely up to him. The club could easily be run at break even if he'd wanted to. You can thank him for a lot of things, but this is just silly.

And if he had run the club at break even over the last seven years, would we not be complaining about being in the position that Ipswich Town are now?

16 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The way to make a small fortune is to start out with a large fortune and buy a football club. DCFC could not easily be run at break even.

9 hours ago, Eatonram said:

Yeah I would also like to “thank Mel” but genuinely not sarcastically….. for funding the clubs deficit in income for the last 7 years to the tune of about 200 million when no one else has stepped forward with the cash. So genuinely thanks Mr Morris. 

He’s the one who put us in a deficit though so it should be his priority to pay it. Wages tripled to unsustainable level of 36 million a year which at one point was the third highest in the league. No wonder we broke ffp probably and had to do clever accounting when we pay those wages on such below average and unsellable players who we don’t even get transfer fees for. 

because of him it will most likely now take us 3 years or more to recover. I for one will breathe a sigh of relief when he sells up but even that looks hard with the position of debts he has put us in 

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The way to make a small fortune is to start out with a large fortune and buy a football club. DCFC could not easily be run at break even.

Totally disagree. We almost certainly wouldn't be in the championship, but you could very easily run this club at break even. Nobody is forcing him to pay millions of pounds a month on the playing staff.

8 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

And if he had run the club at break even over the last seven years, would we not be complaining about being in the position that Ipswich Town are now?

Thats not the point. Yes you would probably be relegated, but you can run the club without losing £200 mill. Mel made the decision himself to lose so much cash.

People on here are saying he should be praised for funding the club to the tune of £200 mill, but the point is that nobody forced him to do that. Just because he tried to buy promotion doesn't mean another owner would have to and it certainly doesnt mean they would have to fund the club to such a ridiculous level.

Mel has failed on one of his objectives since taking up ownership of the club, and that is that we would operate within FFP guidelines. He was reported as saying this on more than one occasion. 
He is the custodian of the club, it has fallen foul of the governing regulations, there is little that he can do to redress the position; the fight has been lost therefore he must feel that it’s time to go. 

2 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I'm not arguing against your post because I genuinely don't know the situation. 

It's my understanding that Delaware North own 50% of ClubDCFC, who provide the catering. I presume it changed with the new set up, but my understanding was that they took the catering proceeds, and paid us a set fee, which was tied to the match day attendance. In this scenario  they would pay us, so it's hard to see how we owe them.

I suppose what I'm asking is, why do we owe them money and how do you know about it?

I am aware of that situation due to being informed by an employee of that company.

I did not ask the ins and outs of contract situation in detail but payments from the club are due periodically for the initial contract agreement and then the takings go in to the club coffers, however, as far as they are concerned as it stands Delaware are owed money from the initial agreement but the takings are still going into the club from match days and hospitality and that due to this Delaware are giving the bare minimum of support to the club.

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Totally lost as usual.....whom was following whose instructions?

55 minutes ago, Malty said:

Maybe he can’t get his hands on any cash and can’t sell the club and is taking the only route left available to him … i.e. just keep the club trundling along with minima wage bill.

I mean I’m all for slamming Mel, but I have a bit of sympathy for a guy who’s spent 200 mill and still has a cash hungry asset in his hands that he can’t get shot of.

Your problem is you're trying to be fair and reasonable about it and that's just not on.

Acknowledging you really don't know what's going on (because you don't) it not playing the game according to the rules.

You really should have an opinion and stick to it.

Knowledge and understanding is not a prerequisite for having a strong opinion in life.

In fact, often the opposite is true.

Because the more you know, the more you doubt things because you know you really don't know.

If you know what I mean.

Science works like that.

Which is glad not too many people in this thread are scientists.

3 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Your problem is you're trying to be fair and reasonable about it and that's just not on.

Acknowledging you really don't know what's going on (because you don't) it not playing the game according to the rules.

You really should have an opinion and stick to it.

Knowledge and understanding is not a prerequisite for having a strong opinion in life.

In fact, often the opposite is true.

Because the more you know, the more you doubt things because you know you really don't know.

If you know what I mean.

Science works like that.

Which is glad not too many people in this thread are scientists.

Brilliant: yes, you’ve nailed my problem right there, thank you.

However, In the nicest possible way, I really hope that you won’t be offended if I don’t take advice from someone called “Bob the Badger”.

I think when discussing the P&S breach for the implementation of the amortisation policy, which is the crux of the current situation between the club and the EFL, it should be noted that the disciplinary commission explicitly concluded the club did not act "recklessly or in bad faith" in implementing the policy, did not "consciously attempt to conceal the true nature of the amortisation policy that it was applying" and that they did not act "carelessly or unreasonably by implementing the amortisation policy as it did", and as such that there was no fault on the club's part that the policy was ultimately concluded to have been against P&S rules.
Image.thumb.png.c3eb9c06dc931a14c486e08ce0939231.png

I'd also note that the conclusion wasn't that fault couldn't be demonstrated on the club's part, but that there was a demonstrable lack of fault on the club's part. For that reason, I find it hard to blame Mel, or indeed anyone at the club, for something that happened "without any real fault on its part". While the policy may not have complied with P&S rules, the club honestly believed it did so. Furthermore, this conclusion wasn't simply a case of ego and rank ignorance, rather, the club reasonably came to this conclusion following appropriate discussions with relevant authorities to receive assurances to ensure as such. 

I think there's very legitimate criticism to made on how the money was spent during this period, as I don't think anyone could deny that there were at least a few bad investments during this time, but I find it hard to attribute fault to the club for the underlying accounting process during this interval when the disciplinary commission assigned to assess this process concluded that the club acted "without any real fault" in implementing the process.

Just lifted the below from the EFL website. So, if a first team player was to leave today, we'd need to sign a replacement before the window closes as the staffing up option drops from 23 players Professional Standing to 16 once the window closes. I was thinking getting rid of a player or two today might give us a couple of spots 'in the bank', but no....

Under what circumstances can a Club operating under an Embargo sign players?

Outside of a transfer window, Clubs can only register Out of Registration players (free agents) and Clubs can only register Out of Registration players if they have less than 16 players of Professional Standing (2x Goalkeepers, 14x Outfield Players)