Embargo.

simmoram1995

I generally get the sentiments that there isn’t much point in the club communicating anything as to in reality what can they say? That said even some kind of acknowledgment that recognises the disappointment of the fan base and empathises with the frustration felt by many wouldn’t go amiss. Nobody would be none the wiser about anything, lots would complain further off the back off it but just an acknowledgment that the current custodians of the club came out and held there hands up to say what’s happening off the pitch isn’t good enough for the fans, the manager and the players is more about them fronting up from my perspective. If this wasn’t international week it would have been left to Rooney to field the inevitable questions from the media and I’m actually glad for him that he hasn’t had to deal with that right now.

Confirmation that we haven't submitted our audited accounts - despite having an extended deadline. 

As much as it pains me to say it, we should be hit with the harshest punishment possible. Mel Morris and Stephen Pearce have got such an easy ride from the fans considering what they have done over the past 12 months, including trying to shift the club on to very obvious charlatans. 

We have a group of honest pros & kids shouldering issues today that were due to a Derby County team and Mel Morris of yesteryear. It's absolutely shameful to see. I absolutely cannot stand Derby County in its current form. It's a disgusting stain on English football. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Confirmation that we haven't submitted our audited accounts - despite having an extended deadline. 

As much as it pains me to say it, we should be hit with the harshest punishment possible. Mel Morris and Stephen Pearce have got such an easy ride from the fans considering what they have done over the past 12 months, including trying to shift the club on to very obvious charlatans. 

We have a group of honest pros & kids shouldering issues today that were due to a Derby County team and Mel Morris of yesteryear. It's absolutely shameful to see. I absolutely cannot stand Derby County in its current form. It's a disgusting stain on English football. 

bye

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

They're separate things. The items on the EFL embargo tracker are to do with the 18/19 and 19/20 accounts that we haven't submitted yet. The extended deadline was for the restated 15/16, 16/17 and 17/18 accounts.  Still not good obviously,  but we haven't necessarily missed the (extended) deadline imposed by the DC.

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Where's this been confirmed? I know the charge is still on the EFL website, but haven't seen anything since last week about the status of the accounts?

Just now, duncanjwitham said:

They're separate things. The items on the EFL embargo tracker are to do with the 18/19 and 19/20 accounts that we haven't submitted yet. The extended deadline was for the restated 15/16, 16/17 and 17/18 accounts.  Still not good obviously,  but we haven't necessarily missed the (extended) deadline imposed by the DC.

I thought the point behind sorting the amortisation would be that we could file all our accounts under the same process? 

5 charges against the club with regards to P&S - including missed payments to other clubs (which is absolutely disgusting considering the year that every club has gone through) and the HMRC. 

Mel Morris has no excuses. The only way any of this is acceptable is that he is completely potless, and I mean completely. 

Surely not paying instalments means we incur interest, so I’m the long run costs us more? Surely a man with Mels business acumen understands this. So does this signify I real cash flow problem (I’m sure we already have one anyway) and if so that means only one thing is coming our way….admin. Maybe Collymore was right about the next Bury

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I thought the point behind sorting the amortisation would be that we could file all our accounts under the same process? 

5 charges against the club with regards to P&S - including missed payments to other clubs (which is absolutely disgusting considering the year that every club has gone through) and the HMRC. 

Mel Morris has no excuses. The only way any of this is acceptable is that he is completely potless, and I mean completely. 

I suspect we're waiting on the outcome of whatever "information" we submitted last week.  If we're still arguing with the EFL over exactly what an acceptable amortization policy is, there's no point submitting anything else and triggering off another round of charges.

I have some degree of sympathy with Morris over the amortization thing (I still don't think we've done anything majorly wrong there), and that single issue does seem to account for 3 of the 5 charges, possibly 4 if (as has been suggested) the HMRC debt is related to that somehow.  I can even understand the missed player wages, given the timing with the takeover falling through and it seemingly being remedied pretty quickly. 

There's absolutely no excuse for the missed transfer payments though, especially as it seems to have happened twice now.  If there's a genuine reason for it (not that I can think of one), then the club needs to come out quickly and explain what's going on.

6 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

If there's a genuine reason for it (not that I can think of one), then the club needs to come out quickly and explain what's going on.

Now you are being silly.

If there's one constant throughout all of this debacle it's the club's steadfast refusal to offer any form of communication whatsoever - why do you think now that this will miraculously alter?

25 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The fans could start organising post-match peaceful protests. I know Morris threatened to walk away if we did... so we can only hope he finds some integrity and sticks to his word! 

I posted this in the Rooney thread last night, perhaps it is more appropriate in here.

To me it seems like MM is happy to have the embargo in place because people are blaming the EFL for the situation we are in which deflects attention away from himself. What is going to change when the embargo is eventually lifted because i can;t see anything. MM has said he is only going to put enough money in to keep the club ticking over and Rooney needs to use players from the academy,to me that doesn't sound like he is going to open his wallet to allow Rooney to bring free agents in. Yes he wants to sell the club which is roughly £50M in debt,is he going to pay the debt off himself or is he hoping that even if he sells the club for £1 the new owners will settle the debts which doesn't even include the ground ,why would they do that,that's not a viable proposition for prospective new owners.