Embargo.

simmoram1995

5 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

The EFL need to stick to something they actually know...like the value of football stadia...Oh wait a minute

Nixon doesn't know any more than the rest of us in the matter of the EFL fudging its own regulations...

Edited by RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So this reads as resubmitting the accouts to companies house was not a ruling that could be complied with, so there's been an exercise in "Here's what they would've looked like" but that neither constitutes proof we breached allowable losses, nor does it fully comply with what DC2 instructed DCFC to do. That's a bit aukward for both sides, i suppose that explains the need for "discussions"

Surely strengthens our position a little, if it transpires that the instructions from the EFL were impossible to comply with (resubmission of accounts to companies house - there was nothing illegal about the original submission). And the reason they were impossible to comply with is because the EFL are effing clueless and had no idea what they were even asking for

20 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Surely strengthens our position a little, if it transpires that the instructions from the EFL were impossible to comply with (resubmission of accounts to companies house - there was nothing illegal about the original submission). And the reason they were impossible to comply with is because the EFL are effing clueless and had no idea what they were even asking for

I would love it...just love it if we end up with some of this...image.png.f1ba4f820dab6f5f1b3514a2ebb854f7.png

Have to say the more I read all this, and the longer this all goes on, I really do wonder if it is as simple as blind, childish obstinance on the EFL's part, whilst we're saying "look, I get you're not happy but legally we've done nothing wrong, so what you're asking us to do, well, much as we could do it, we can't actually legally do that so you'll just have to accept that the way we've done our accounts is legally correct, so put down your rattle, take your thumb out your mouth, stop whining and let us move on with our lives please".  

23 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Although one of the replies to Nixon suggsests ammended accounts can be submitted. I'm not an accountant so no idea on that one, but it would explain a few things.

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Although one of the replies to Nixon suggsests ammended accounts can be submitted. I'm not an accountant so no idea on that one, but it would explain a few things.

I’ve been Googling for a few minutes to try and figure this out. There’s definitely a process for amending accounts at companies house, but it looks to me (not an expert etc…) like you can only do it if the company director believes the original accounts were non-compliant with the Companies Act, and then you probably need to get them re-audited, with statements from the auditors about the compliance issues being corrected.  Which is a bit of a problem is us and our auditors all believe the original accounts are fine.

Beyond that though, I don’t see why we need to resubmit at companies house. Just restate the P&S submissions for the EFL and then plug those numbers in, going forwards.  If they need more detail we can show them the working without it needed to be formally filed.

On 31/08/2021 at 16:48, StarterForTen said:

And if he had run the club at break even over the last seven years, would we not be complaining about being in the position that Ipswich Town are now?

And if he had ….. then everyone would be saying he’s got piles of money and no ambition, has no right to call himself a fan, etc etc etc 

The club was losing money before he arrived.

12 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Sounds to me like the EFL are a complete bunch of total amateurs.

I doubt they could even re-arrange the following words to form a sentence: organise, brewery, a, couldn't, a, piss-up, in

do any of us know how quickly the club lodged the restated accounts with the efl?

30 minutes ago, jono said:

And if he had ….. then everyone would be saying he’s got piles of money and no ambition, has no right to call himself a fan, etc etc etc 

The club was losing money before he arrived.

True but he knew that , fans always want more but this is Mel's busines he makes the final decisions and signs all the cheques 

7 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Isn’t the “disgusting lack of communication from the football club” another assumption that they are at liberty to actually tell us everything we want to know?

I appreciate they might not be able to tell us everything but the issue is that they aren't saying anything. What process or agreement would stop them saying 'We have provided x and y and are confident that blah blah'? It's just terrible communications. 

Edited by vonwright

29 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

This thread is turning into some kind of JFK conspiracy theory article - everyone has their own ideas and happy to speculate on the truth but no one has any hard evidence to back up what they're saying in the absence of any information forthcoming from either our club or the EFL .

Guess if you can talk ? and speculate on  Internet forum where can you?

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

You can restate prior year accounts at companies house I know this because I have just done this for 2019 when I filed 2020, of course the restated numbers were audited and signed off but it is no big deal.

I know nothing about accounting but i do know that if the EFL could punish us they would. They are desperate to hit us, the fact they haven't yet is not for the want of trying.

Our accounts must be the most scrutinised ever and still they are struggling to find summat.

Time to ? or get off the pot.

50 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

This thread is turning into some kind of JFK conspiracy theory article - everyone has their own ideas and happy to speculate on the truth but no one has any hard evidence to back up what they're saying in the absence of any information forthcoming from either our club or the EFL .

Yep ! But I suppose that is what happens in an information vacuum. We all have a sense of right and wrong. We need to voice it  , we are partisan, but we also really don’t know the full picture.

If I could say anything that holds a grain of truth it is that a majority of championship clubs have been playing accounting games in an attempt to stay within the rules. I doubt Derby are any worse than 4 or 5 other larger clubs and there will be minnows in difficulty on a different scale. It does seem strange though that we are under a level of scrutiny that others are not, and that the scrutiny has been far more lengthy than any other club has faced. .. I struggle to believe we are that out of step with the industry as a whole. 

42 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

You can restate prior year accounts at companies house I know this because I have just done this for 2019 when I filed 2020, of course the restated numbers were audited and signed off but it is no big deal.

Can you do it going back 5 years?

56 minutes ago, vonwright said:

I appreciate they might not be able to tell us everything but the issue is that they aren't saying anything. What process or agreement would stop them saying 'We have provided x and y and are confident that blah blah'? It's just terrible communications. 

I don’t know but maybe, in the spirit of developing a better relationship with the EFL, they’ve agreed to make no further comments at all until the process/investigation has been completed and the findings/punishment agreed. 

Again lots more speculation (rather than assumptions) and very frustrating but, if it only slightly helps then it’s a price worth paying. We  simply don’t know and shouldn’t automatically blame the club.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

So your saying that the CIA and FBI are in cahoots with the EFL too? It's all beginning to make sense now - it was Rick Parry from the grassy knoll with the accountant ledger!