Embargo.

simmoram1995

52 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Yeah I would also like to “thank Mel” but genuinely not sarcastically….. for funding the clubs deficit in income for the last 7 years to the tune of about 200 million when no one else has stepped forward with the cash. So genuinely thanks Mr Morris. 

Yep.

Sooooo easy to slag off the Derby supporter who has poured tens of millions and his heart into the club.

Having said that, if some Derby supporters were capable of hating Sam Longson and then Lionel Pickering, then this is a walk in the park.

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Limited time to be checking news yesterday. First thing I did on waking this morning. Not a hint regarding where we are with EFL anywhere online. Anyone else feeling sad/angry at where we are at today in particular? (No reflection on our on-field start to the season)

Nope, I don't get wound up about anything that I can not have an impact on, But last week we were assured by Percy that there WILL be a points deduction Fat Joe Sport GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

12 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Yep.

Sooooo easy to slag off the Derby supporter who has poured tens of millions and his heart into the club.

Having said that, if some Derby supporters were capable of hating Sam Longson and then Lionel Pickering, then this is a walk in the park.

You think Mel compares with Sam & Lionel?

Whilst no one actually knows, it seems extremely likely that the EFL are wanting to force ( Bully) Derby into accepting a points deduction whilst we quite rightly say get stuffed. If the EFL had reason in black and white to impose a points deduction they would have done it and surely by now, if that points deduction came in we have the right to appeal it and so we should. It’s worth noting that Reading FC have completely blown a hole through P&S and should have a well laid out punishment but yet nothing has happened.

The Paranoid might believe that they want us to agree a points deduction before Reading get their lighter punishment and just say we agreed to ours.

whilst the likes of Stoke city may well have been getting rid of the unwanted they should have blown through P&S yet they down valued the whole squad and blamed Covid and appear to be getting away with that and I suspect an awful lot of other clubs in the championship are busy hiding bad news but consistent punishment is simply not going to be happening as we are the main target of the publicity whilst we haven’t actually been as bad as some others despite what sits on our so called crime sheet.

Anyway we continue to support our team and hope for the best.

20 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Please can you show your workings as to how you get to about £200m of investment.

A significant reason we have had a significant deficit in income during his tenure is buying average players at top dollar, and not getting any fees at the end of their contracts, and in between paying wages that were inappropriately high to our generated income. He has gambled spectacularly badly.

he may also owe the club money on the PP purchase.  I suspect and I could be wrong, the more recent funding has been used to reduce the debt he owes to the club

The Mel Morris ownership & investment debate reminds me of one of those house renovation TV programmes - where someone buys a listed building and explains that they have a duty to look after it as they are merely the custodians and they have a duty to protect it for future generations to enjoy.

Mel, I appreciate your club investment but as a local man and a fan, you know how important the survival and future of this club is to present fans and will be to future fans

Edited by SamUltraRam

I know we all want new and exciting players but by my fag-packet economics we have reduced the wage bill by about 40% over the summer and we look far better than last season (admittedly that's not a massive achievment). Our wage bill is probably for the first time since GSE close to being sustainable in being covered by income. 

Given the desire for more players and with nobody willing to fund it, are we all not asking for what Mel has just done i.e. run up debts in a push for improvement? 

8 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

Given the desire for more players and with nobody willing to fund it, are we all not asking for what Mel has just done i.e. run up debts in a push for improvement? 

How do you know what wheeling and dealing Rooney might do if the EFL allowed us to? He's already made us look like we can compete this season.

Edited by RoyMac5

11 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

No their crimes are far far worse than ours, to illustrate this I will repost something I posted a few days ago;

"How many points deduction will Reading get based on these results?

Reading made operating losses of £43.5million, compared to £40.7million the previous year, while accumulated losses totalled £138million.

Wages were 211 per cent of revenue - slight progress somewhat compared with 226 per cent the previous year. Nevertheless, this is is still above the level recommended by UEFA, which is 70 per cent.

My guess is a fixed penalty £100 fine and a kindly reminder to keep their losses under £100million next submittal."

These numbers are taken from their filed accounts and show that have driven a transatlantic liner through the P&S regulations. This only illustrates even more clearly the vendetta against the Rams, the numbers involved in over spend would/should trigger a 21 points deduction, will it happen, I predict not.  

p.s. Also they have sold their ground, their training ground and the land around the ground, to themselves.

I just sent you the link I started when their results came out.

Covid rules will have an impact given that 19/20 is now merged with 20/21 and it is now a 4 year period, or so I have read.  If that is the case maybe the EFL have abandoned penalties for 19/20 but are still engaging with teams that appear way over.  Reading placed on soft embargo rather than our crippling one.  Guess we were too early to avoid the scutiny

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Please can you show your workings as to how you get to about £200m of investment.

A significant reason we have had a significant deficit in income during his tenure is buying average players at top dollar, and not getting any fees at the end of their contracts, and in between paying wages that were inappropriately high to our generated income. He has gambled spectacularly badly.

What do you want, a spreadsheet? It has been widely reported that Morris has funded Derby to the tune of £200m during his tenure. I haven’t checked the figure. Can we both agree it is a lot of money that no one else has stumped up?

1 hour ago, England Ram said:

I’d only agree in part……

Is it the EFL who have not paid the HMRC? 
Is it the EFL who have not paid Keogh?

Is it the EFL who have not paid agreed transfer fees? 
Is it the EFL who have not paid Delaware? 
Is it the EFL who didn’t pay wages in January?

If the answer is no, then who is responsible for the answer to that question is why we find ourselves knee deep in embargo’s, not only for the accounts submission. 

Not taking this seriously due to mis-use of apostrophe. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I have long held a desire for us to actually see how we go with the squad we have got and grown ourselves one season, rather than blindly follow this "kid in a candy store" feeding frenzy that the transfer windows create.

However, I envisaged this happening through a reset for the whole league, not just one club!

And not when the club is already on its knees player-wise through a combination of EFL sanctions and owner inability to fund incomings - or even keep hold of some of the players we had.

Realistically no one club can grow a squad organically and be successful in the modern day game at the top levels. If you look at clubs who have done well they seem to have an approach that focuses on a specific identity they want to play and build a team around the style. Sometimes that is done via an academy to supplement the team to an extent and then targeting players from other clubs to build around what is already there or it is done when clubs realise the academy system is a bust and use a more data intensive approach. In essence, I don't think many people think we should follow the 'kid in a candy store' model (I've not seen a single poster want this recently), rather most from what I have seen want us to adopt a model similar to either Brentford or Norwich. 

The league's transfer spending has been minimal and there hasn't been much in the way of candy store clubs this time around with Fulham being the exception. If I was Mel, I'd stop being at war with the governing body accept the points deduction they want to give us and move us on. If it means we go down so be it, I'm not massively hopeful of our chances of staying up anyway over the course of the season tbh. But it'll mean we can get out from the sanctions and get someone new in to reset the club's approach top to bottom. 

22 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

What do you want, a spreadsheet? It has been widely reported that Morris has funded Derby to the tune of £200m during his tenure. I haven’t checked the figure. Can we both agree it is a lot of money that no one else has stumped up? 

We don't know how much of his own money he has spent against how much he has "loaned" us . The biggest hits we have had have been in poor transfers , identified by his team and authorised by him , his choice not ours , 10 out of 10 for effort -12 for results (probably) 

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

Yep.

Doesn't really matter whether it's a Derby supporter or not he has seriously messed up. Some think because, to use their words, "he is one of us" that he shouldn't get so much flak, would people be so defensive if the owner was Sheikh Mah Whilly or Crown Prince Mustafa Laugh who also claimed to love the club and only had the clubs interest at heart etc. The only interest he had in his heart was his own,he wanted to bask in the glory of taking the club to the promised land but once it failed he was lost and didn't know what to do

7 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Doesn't really matter whether it's a Derby supporter or not he has seriously messed up. Some think because, to use their words, "he is one of us" that he shouldn't get so much flak, would people be so defensive if the owner was Sheikh Mah Whilly or Crown Prince Mustafa Laugh who also claimed to love the club and only had the clubs interest at heart etc. The only interest he had in his heart was his own,he wanted to bask in the glory of taking the club to the promised land but once it failed he was lost and didn't know what to do

can't wait for the statue to be built

Very much so.

All 3 truly loved the club and did what they thought was the best with their own money.

Mel's best just hasn't been good enough, so they're not comparable in terms of success.

I'm sorry, but I simply cannot ignore the state in which Morris will be leaving the club when he finally sells it. He is leaving it in a much, much worse state than when he took it. A couple of trips to Wembley didn't pan out, but that's football. The club is an absolute shambles as it stands when compared with the well run, sensible club he purchased.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

Yep.

Words fail me. Look at what he has done to this club in 6 short years, look at the state we are in both on and off the pitch. He is the sole architect of this chaos. 
He will eventually walk away from the mess he has created with his fortune very much intact while our club will be lucky to survive.

We owe him nothing but contempt for what he has done.