Embargo.

simmoram1995

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Yes but we are still Derby fans not of some other tin pot club - who wants a well run club anyway. By the way he needs to put his face in more would be  lovely for his skin!

Not if he is in a pig pen..

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

To save anyone else, the link is https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/embargoes/embargoes-faqs/ 

So, no free agents once the window closes unless the embargo is lifted at some point.

Totally bonkers situation getting worse quicker than we thought possible. So we cannot re-sign players after their contract expires at Xmas. Yes or no.

Anyone get the feeling that the 'americans' or who ever was waiting to see what our EFL punishment was going to be are actually waiting to see if Mel puts us into admin and then buy the club.

Iv never understood why a business person would want to buy us with so much debt on the books when the ability to get rid of it and buy us for a hell of a lot less exists. I know it would guarantee is league 1 football but you would back the fact of not having to spend 40+ million to get back to the championship (I know it's a gamble but it's seems a reasonable one on the surface.....though you could of said that about getting to the prem I guess lol)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding it or my understanding of administration is flawed but with Mel showing no signs of wanting to fund us all year or a takeover being remotely close it feels like admin creeps ever closer. 

4 hours ago, RammingStone66 said:

Anyone get the feeling that the 'americans' or who ever was waiting to see what our EFL punishment was going to be are actually waiting to see if Mel puts us into admin and then buy the club.

Iv never understood why a business person would want to buy us with so much debt on the books when the ability to get rid of it and buy us for a hell of a lot less exists. I know it would guarantee is league 1 football but you would back the fact of not having to spend 40+ million to get back to the championship (I know it's a gamble but it's seems a reasonable one on the surface.....though you could of said that about getting to the prem I guess lol)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding it or my understanding of administration is flawed but with Mel showing no signs of wanting to fund us all year or a takeover being remotely close it feels like admin creeps ever closer. 

Yes you are correct, you have no understanding about going into administration.

12 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

To save anyone else, the link is https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/embargoes/embargoes-faqs/ 

So, no free agents once the window closes unless the embargo is lifted at some point.

That's the exact same situation we were in anyway. We can't sign free agents unless embargo is lifted over and above our current 23.

The text highlighted is entirely irrelevant really. As long as we are in embargo we are at our limit.

The 16 is only really relevant to protect to ability of a team to out out an 11 plus 5 subs. If they can't they may be permitted to sign additional players up to the 16 but not beyond.  

Way I see things is…

We need closure on this whole possible points deduction which is hanging over us and we need it ASAP. Reason being IMO is…. Should this linger on to the end of the season with no agreement reached between DCFC and the EFL they will conjure up a points deduction of such a magnitude the impact we as a club suffer will be catastrophic. 
I have a feeling should we somehow be 8 points clear of the drop by the end of the season (I feel the spitefulness of this whole witch hunt) will lead them to enforcing a 9 point deduction without any opportunity for appeal.

This is why I believe we should push these bar stewards hard to get a conclusion (to whatever points deduction if at all any) decision one way or another ASAP. Then and only then will we have a fighting chance of seeing this lot off and we can get back to being a football club instead of a punch bag. ???

RANT OVER ?

Edited by Ted McMinn Football Genius

We should absolutely not just roll over and accept a points deduction for two reasons. One, because we haven't so far been found to have done anything to warrant it and two, we can't just let the EFL arbitrarily make up punishments on the fly because they are under pressure from other clubs. Taking that kind of conduct to it's logical conclusion potentially leads to all sorts of nonsense not just for DCFC but for every club in the pyramid down the line.

6 hours ago, Bubbles said:

sometimes I can’t help but wish Mel would just accept the 9 point deduction. surely that’d mean the sale of the club would be quicker? 

Err perhaps any potential owner would think if that happened then relegation might follow and why buy a league 1 club at Championship prices?!

I still think we're arguing over the £30m stadium money and previous amortisation policy. EFL are going through things with a fine toothcomb and won't let us out of embargo until they are satisfied Mel is funding the club come what may.

Just now, EnigmaRam said:

Sorry but we must have done something wrong or we wouldn’t be under threat of a points deduction. I can only assume that we’ve breached P&S but there are mitigating circumstances which is what we are discussing with the EFL. 

That's what was said about the appeal, we ended up with a fine.

2 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Sorry but we must have done something wrong or we wouldn’t be under threat of a points deduction. I can only assume that we’ve breached P&S but there are mitigating circumstances which is what we are discussing with the EFL. 

In which case the punishment is already set out in the rules and should be administered as such. The same should also apply to Reading who have lost about 95 million in in the last three seasons. My issue is not with the punishments, it's with the inconsistent way in which clubs are treated. We have had two years of this crap whilst other clubs have just cracked on making losses with next to no recourse, all at the insistence of people like Steve Gibson.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

In which case the punishment is already set out in the rules and should be administered as such. The same should also apply to Reading who have lost about 95 million in in the last three seasons. My issue is not with the punishments, it's with the inconsistent way in which clubs are treated. We have had two years of this crap whilst other clubs have just cracked on making losses with next to no recourse, all at the insistence of people like Steve Gibson.

Under normal circumstances yes they would be set. However, as we’ve had to resubmit the accounts with a different amortisation method it will have thrown out the balance sheet. This in turn may have put us over the limit, in which case as they had previously been accepted there are mitigating factors that wouldn’t have been known. So not so straight forward. 

I also believe the latest accounts have been submitted in a covid era so that could also be a factor as to discussions rather than a defined points deduction. Factor in the wage decrease we’ve systematically enacted and there is plenty of mitigation for a reduction in whatever punishment is deemed as “fixed”

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We should absolutely not just roll over and accept a points deduction for two reasons. One, because we haven't so far been found to have done anything to warrant it and two, we can't just let the EFL arbitrarily make up punishments on the fly because they are under pressure from other clubs. Taking that kind of conduct to it's logical conclusion potentially leads to all sorts of nonsense not just for DCFC but for every club in the pyramid down the line.

Not to mention, one of the big reasons to just roll over and take it on the chin was so we could get clear of the embargo and get some players in. That's now largely a moot point, with the window being shut.  Obviously if we clear the embargo we can sign players who are currently on free transfers, but that's a pretty shallow pool to be dipping in.  I suspect the 'big prize' we wanted in transfer terms was a bunch of loan players from Man Utd etc, and that can't happen now.

I'm sure Mel also wants it cleared so he can try and push a sale through, but you'd have to wonder whether he's better off trying to sell a club now that has something like a 9-point deduction, or a club in a months time that maybe just has a £100k fine.