Jagielka

Chris_Martin

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Whatever happens in the rest of the season, we should be very grateful for the efforts of Jagielka and Davies who are giving their all for the cause. 

Tremendous characters when you think of the Shackell, keogh, Malone types we've had in recent seasons. 

Come on, Keogh gave his all for the Rams.....

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I hadn't heard about that until last night when I saw people talking about it in the matchday thread. So sad, presumably he was very young. 

Jags deserves great credit for playing with all that going on.

Aged 44, drugs overdose. Very sad indeed. Many footballers struggle with life post football. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

“Ex-England defender Phil Jagielka has vowed to keep doing his bit to "keep the ship steady" as administrators try to find a buyer for Derby County…

"It was a bit chaotic, something I'd never had to endure before," Jagielka told BBC Radio Derby.

"But it was quite fascinating to realise what goes on behind the scenes at a club that has potentially stretched itself too far.

"First and foremost you're thinking about what goes on on the pitch but then you've got to start looking at what goes on behind the closed doors, people losing their jobs.

"It's been really tough but as professionals, as footballers, as coaches, there's only one thing we can do to keep the ship steady and that's to try and go out there and play some good football and get some good results."

Some interesting snippets from Jags. 
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58958219