Jagielka

Chris_Martin

Just now, Archie said:

Does this close the door on him returning if/when we get this sorted? Sad times...

I don't see why it would, unless there's been some burning of bridges between him and Rooney over it (which I think is pretty unlikely). Most likely scenario is he's already signed for someone else before we're in a position to sign him again though ?

I don’t understand this. If his contract ran until Monday - why haven’t we kept him for the game tomorrow? And assuming proof of funds comes some time next week - he could sign again in time for the next match.

What am I missing? Are we over our embargo constraints on the number of senior registrations?

I think the reason he couldn't re-sign (even though Baldock and Marshall are both gone too) is because we started playing more youth players recently (Thompson and Plange) and these have filled up the quota again. I'm sure when Rooney started selecting these squads he was under the impression that this tougher embargo would be over by now and we'd be able to keep Jags on a bit longer.

I'm gutted he's gone. He's been absolute rock for us. Hopefully Stearman can keep up his levels he's shown when he's had a chance. Cashin will get his chances this season too now I suppose.

3 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Going to Stoke. He didn’t mess around getting out of this mess.

We can't provide him with a contract extension. He's well within his rights to go somewhere else where he can play. Disappointing that he didn't stick around for a bit but it's clear that we aren't going to be able to sign him on. Why is the big question. And we're yet to hear any answers.

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

We can't provide him with a contract extension. He's well within his rights to go somewhere else where he can play. Disappointing that he didn't stick around for a bit but it's clear that we aren't going to be able to sign him on. Why is the big question. And we're yet to hear any answers.

That was obviously set up before as an option if that's the case .  Shame he's gone to a club that's just been allowed to write off 30 million in Covid debt on accounts that only ran to May 2020 . Hmmmmm.

I'm done with football.  Charlatans, Liars and general ******** all around.