Jagielka

Chris_Martin

59 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Who's Jimmy Anderson  ?

I take it that you’re not a cricket fan? Jimmy Anderson is the worlds highest wicket taking fast bowler with 626 wickets and a wizard at making a ball move in the air. You could argue that he is the greatest cricketer of all time if he could actually hold a bat. 

11 hours ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

Same age as Jimmy Anderson. Both still got a bit more in the tank I reckon.

Good analogy - to play international level cricket these days you have to be fit...very fit, especially as a fast bowler.  He doesn't look at all out of place playing with cricketers 10 or 15 years his junior.  Plus when he plays with the likes of Archer, you can see him put his arm around him, providing support and advice.  Jags will do similar here.  

When we were linked with him initially I was very keen especially when my mate who knows rather a lot at Sheffield United confirmed that Jagielka was not only fit enough to play but he was still quite sharp on the deck and can actually pass the football to our players whilst being a great professional.

12 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

Class player. This year’s Paul Mcgrath?

I was lucky enough to see Paul Mcgrath play fur us, His knees were shot, He very rarely trained, But a player who was superb/outstanding in our defence, Marshald from the back line, Knew how to push his marker under the ball so he's win all his headers, Is Jagielka of the same mould...we'll see, One Swallow (queue puns ?) doesn't make a summer, His legs may be 39 years old but his attitude and awareness will be missed by Sheff Untd.

Edited by Unlucky Alf