Jagielka

Chris_Martin

Jagielka looked a class above in the preseason games and showed it again today. He’s getting on a bit, but he still looks very comfortable at this level. We have to be careful with him, but he still looks agile enough and doesn’t look at all slow. I think he can be an inspired signing, providing we don’t lose him in January.

Just now, Ambitious said:

Jagielka looked a class above in the preseason games and showed it again today. He’s getting on a bit, but he still looks very comfortable at this level. We have to be careful with him, but he still looks agile enough and doesn’t look at all slow. I think he can be an inspired signing, providing we don’t lose him in January.

With improved sports science and recovery programmes, if a player is a really good athlete, 39 shouldn’t be a handicap in age terms. He has the CV to be a star performer in the Championship for a season.

19 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

What a performance.

Didn't put a foot wrong all game. Calm on the ball, great positioning, great leadership, won every tackle, won every header, even when they outpaced him he just put his body in the way?.  Age is just a number!

Hopefully nobody was expecting anything other than that - he hasn’t joined us for the money - he wants to play football 

54 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Mackay-esque signing ?

Got a few Blades mates who are really pleased we’ve got Jags and are keeping an eye on our results because of him. Same about Ravel Morrison. Seen online everton fans are doing the same. Not saying it’s a greatest pool of data, but it brings up two things

1) it shows the type of character that Rooney has looked up bring in

2) it maybe starts to change the thought that ‘all of football hates us’. I know some fans enjoy the siege mentality but I do think it’s a more healthy outlook not to think everyone hates you