Jagielka

Chris_Martin

2 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Never had an XF-R but I did have an XL-5 - showing my age. 

image.png.24a5c17979d83680ed01452b2b189218.png

I really liked Venus in a prepubescent sort of way … and I wanted a hover bike. I got a scooter with a brake on the rear wheel that you activated with your heel … not quite as good somehow.

we clearly belong to the same era ?

9 hours ago, Phoenix said:

I don't get this 'life ends at 35' stuff. I wouldn't ever have classed myself as anything other than a moderate club runner, but I did manage 3 sub-3 hour marathons between the ages of 48 and 51 and a further 3 sub 3:06.

Depends how you look after yourself.

All so very true .. but genetics plays a part too. Sometimes you just get a good set of kit courtesy of your forbears.

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

I remember Robbie the Robot saying "on our way home" each episode, they don't make kids programs like that anymore.

I never missed an episode ?

As an aside, A few years back I bought a Ford Focus, It's number plates had 3 digits along with others and were XL5, I bought it for £900 in the hope of selling the number plate, Got the V5 back and on it it said "number plate can not be sold seperately", Also it had a lowered suspension, My drive was on a slope so when driving on and off i'd scrape the sills, A couple of moths later sold for £350...ouch lesson learned.

1 hour ago, jono said:

I really liked Venus in a prepubescent sort of way … and I wanted a hover bike. I got a scooter with a brake on the rear wheel that you activated with your heel … not quite as good somehow.

we clearly belong to the same era ?

Some Rams fans appear to have developed a sense of humour again since yesterday's win. Woohoo.

56 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

As an aside, A few years back I bought a Ford Focus, It's number plates had 3 digits along with others and were XL5, I bought it for £900 in the hope of selling the number plate, Got the V5 back and on it it said "number plate can not be sold seperately", Also it had a lowered suspension, My drive was on a slope so when driving on and off i'd scrape the sills, A couple of moths later sold for £350...ouch lesson learned.

We all seem younger since we won our last game in 1066.

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

The things that make me laugh now, was the baddies being “Boris and Natasha” with suitable Russian accents and Steve Zodiac treating Venus like a skivie, “make us a coffee honey” 

We need a Jim Smith topic on Supercar, Fireball, Space City, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, UFO and the rest. ?

7 minutes ago, jono said:

The things that make me laugh now, was the baddies being “Boris and Natasha” with suitable Russian accents and Steve Zodiac treating Venus like a skivie, “make us a coffee honey” 

We need a Jim Smith topic on Supercar, Fireball, Space City, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, UFO and the rest. ?

Lady Penelope's car was a V6. 

55 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Lady Penelope's car was a V6. 

(All right ! Playground talk now ?

RR’s only passenger vehicle engine in the 60’s was their standard 6.7 litre V8 but allowing for the futuristic setting and the technology of the day I suspect it’s motive power would have been a high efficiency Gas Turbine.

Rover had one that worked and Howmet Corp had a GT racing car that was surprisingly effective. 

1 hour ago, jono said:

RR’s only passenger vehicle engine in the 60’s was their standard 6.7 litre V8 but allowing for the futuristic setting and the technology of the day I suspect it’s motive power would have been a high efficiency Gas Turbine.

Rover had one that worked and Howmet Corp had a GT racing car that was surprisingly effective. 

The Batmobile was s V6. My last offering on this you will be glad to know.

1 hour ago, jono said:

You are a mine of information, Jono....what an engine guy.