Jagielka

Chris_Martin

Of the trialists he was the one I thought we could do with most. his age is a risk but like Curtis he’s a proper CB with a touch of class as well.

He’s made a big difference and we look more secure at the back against the teams that play cloggers up top. It’ll be interesting to see how they deal with the teams that play on the break and in behind.

54 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So, having listened on the radio, was it an elbow, and, was it a bad follow through?

The follow through - I simply ask what on earth is he supposed to do? He’s taken the ball as clearly as anything, and their player then comes across him.

Thats a foul on Jagielka to me, or at least that’s how they should be officiated. I know that’s not what the law book says but Warnock can go and do one with his comments.

19 minutes ago, rammieib said:

The follow through - I simply ask what on earth is he supposed to do? He’s taken the ball as clearly as anything, and their player then comes across him.

Thats a foul on Jagielka to me, or at least that’s how they should be officiated. I know that’s not what the law book says but Warnock can go and do one with his comments.

It's the typical modern 'cheating' leave your foot in front of a players follow through. That bloke was never going to get the ball before Jags, and that's what should matter.

3 hours ago, Zag zig said:

We don’t bring the ball out that fast with Jags and Curtis but we look a lot more composed than when Keogh was there, noticeable it’s giving Roos and others more confidence too.

There's a rarity.

The words "Keogh" and "composed" in the same sentence.

"Compost" perhaps, yes, but "composed".....?

34 minutes ago, Steadybreeze said:

First time in ages i sat and enjoyed a real quality display from a centre half at Derby. Cleaning Ikpeazu out right in front of Warnock with a perfectly legal tackle that he's probably still feeling now the highlight for me. Just a shame he's not 10 years younger or even 5!

Or was it Howson ?

He was superb again today..took the elbow to the face..patched up..carried on..must be a superb role model for the youngsters out on the pitch with him..his positioning is just class, he will have lost a fair bit of pace but it goes unnoticed..

5 hours ago, Yani P said:

He was superb again today..took the elbow to the face..patched up..carried on..must be a superb role model for the youngsters out on the pitch with him..his positioning is just class, he will have lost a fair bit of pace but it goes unnoticed..

I think he’s still pretty spritely. Even in his early thirties he was clocked as being the fastest player in the Prem. 

13 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Of the trialists he was the one I thought we could do with most. his age is a risk but like Curtis he’s a proper CB with a touch of class as well.

He’s made a big difference and we look more secure at the back against the teams that play cloggers up top. It’ll be interesting to see how they deal with the teams that play on the break and in behind.

Yes, we could still do with a bit more pace at the back as an option. If we can't get, say, Mengi on loan, we might see Festy swapping with Byrne when we need that ability, but a speedy CB would be ideal. 

1 hour ago, Rambam said:

I think he’s still pretty spritely. Even in his early thirties he was clocked as being the fastest player in the Prem. 

? I thought he still looked able to sprint, was it their winger that he got back to/kept pace with in the 2nd half when they looked through?

Edited by RoyMac5