v Peterborough (A) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

2 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Can't blame Rooney at all. Look at what he's been dealt with? The blame is solely at Morris and Pearce's doorstop. They deserve the anger not Rooney

No,they all deserve it i.m.o.

Rooney had been let down by his bosses but he took on a job he isn't qualified or suited to at this stage of his career and he seems unable to learn from his mistakes whilst managing and coaching which is even more to our detriment.

His worst aspect however is his misguided self belief and he won't admit it's too big a job for him and walk away.

Looking at Rooney's demeanour at the sky post match interview, I wouldn't be surprised that if there are 2 defeats v Hull and Boro that he walks. 

He is clearly frustrated with everything going on, and in his eyes his standing as a coach or manager is diminishing with every game. 

21 minutes ago, jono said:

I’m afraid so too. It’s already started on the Joz thread. Ed Dawes kept harping on about the error .. that man positively relishes bad news. 

But for the errors that could have been a reasonably comfortable 0-1 away win and we would have been full of ourselves. We were better than them and shot ourselves in the foot. That’s not the manager 

Any win, loss or draw is down to the manager. 

1 minute ago, CWC1983 said:

Looking at Rooney's demeanour at the sky post match interview, I wouldn't be surprised that if there are 2 defeats v Hull and Boro that he walks. 

He is clearly frustrated with everything going on, and in his eyes his standing as a coach or manager is diminishing with every game. 

You have to say that everything that could go wrong is going wrong. Makes Cocu's tribulations look like a walk in the park ?

But how can he change things when we can't bring in any players? This is down to Morris, he could have sorted things with the EFL by now. Even the bloke at the Wendies got his act together and paid off the players so they could get players in. Don't see how we can compete with this squad now CKR is out too. One junior striker...

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Rooney had been let down by his bosses but he took on a job he isn't qualified or suited to at this stage of his career and he seems unable to learn from his mistakes whilst managing and coaching which is even more to our detriment.

His worst aspect however is his misguided self belief and he won't admit it's too big a job for him and walk away.

Do you think at the time of appointing a manager after Cocu, Morris was interviewing people? We were skint. The obvious choice was Mclaren to take the helm but he handed it to Rooney. 

That appointment is beyond me but Mel thought it was better for the club than let's say a Wasall or even Bowyer. Rooney should have walked the day he kept Derby up but he didn't and (from the outside view) Morris does not want to accept he is the wrong to the EFL for his own stubbornness which is costing our football club in the long run. 

The sooner someone shakes Mel and says “what are you doing” the better. I know he wants out we all do. It's not sustainable for him anymore but he's messed up and needs to take it on the chin 

8 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Rooney's super footballing ego and Morris' disastrous decision making and final disinterest are killing this club. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

46 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

We're just not very good. Expect results and performances like today. This is exactly what I said in pre season.

Forget Rooney for a second, we just don't have the players. Our squad is crap. I see so many people calling out Byrne, Jozwiak, Forsyth, Lawrence and saying how crap they are.

This is why we've lost today. Because we are not a good football team, our players are not good.

If you want good football, you need good players. It's as simple as that. I don't know how many times I have to say it on here. 

Morrison looked pure class today, best on the pitch. Byrne hasn’t played so well yet this season but he’s at his best linking w Joz and JK. Lawrence’s problem is certainly not lack of talent it’s inconsistency and sloth - he had a pretty good game today albeit wonky positionally at times. We looked the better team except in the final third and strangely that might change w CKR’s injury which might give Stretton and Sibley more starts, so better links up front.  

The bigger point is: we have not yet recruited half of our squad. Any points we get before the window closes are a bonus, even points against Peterborough 

13 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

He wanted the academy players to play more for the first team, and now it's happening. This is what Mel wanted remember, despite the fact it will probably get us relegated to League one.

I'm not seeing many academy players names involved in the litany of defensive errors. Joz, Byrne, Forsyth, stearman, Curtis all being identified as guilty of contributory negligence. 

Perhaps we just don't buy very well? 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You have to say that everything that could go wrong is going wrong. Makes Cocu's tribulations look like a walk in the park ?

But how can he change things when we can't bring in any players? This is down to Morris, he could have sorted things with the EFL by now. Even the bloke at the Wendies got his act together and paid off the players so they could get players in. Don't see how we can compete with this squad now CKR is out too. One junior striker...

Bring Steve Mac and Wassall in for the rest of the season….

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Morrison looked pure class today, best on the pitch. Byrne hasn’t played so well yet this season but he’s at his best linking w Joz and JK. Lawrence’s problem is certainly not lack of talent it’s inconsistency and sloth - he had a pretty good game today albeit wonky positionally at times. We looked the better team except in the final third and strangely that might change w CKR’s injury which might give Stretton and Sibley more starts, so better links up front.  

The bigger point is: we have not yet recruited half of our squad. Any points we get before the window closes are a bonus, even points against Peterborough 

But we didn't get any points against Peterborough??

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

He has been targeted for his lack of height by all three teams. But he's also looked 'off it'. Today took us back to the end of last season where his quality had gone missing. Perhaps he doesn't deal well with pressure.

Midfield is still wrong and I don't care what anyone says. Bird and Shinnie do not work.

Edited by RoyMac5

26 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

No No No. We were pretty bad and Roos did his best to gift them a goal or two. We were dead lucky to be 1 up, but Derby cannot hold a lead. On a brighter note Man U thrashed Leeds.

I did a cheers emoji because I only had the radio today and it sounded pretty even and we seemed to have the better chances ? . Delighted the the Man United result though ?

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Bring Steve Mac and Wassall in for the rest of the season….

I know we keep saying it but we need a change in mindset,coaching and approach to our football and I'd expect an immediate upsurge in all aspects of our game if they took over.

And they are already here,on the books.

What have we got to lose.

If we don't roll the dice we are down anyway.

Terrible performance, but really happy Stretton got his goal. Personally thought Peterborough were pretty crap as well, but think they will still finish above us. Can't wait until we play some of the actual good teams in this league.

For me I think this squad of players has enough to stay up, but not with Wayne Rooney in charge. Tactics, teams set up, subs, etc abysmal yet again.

1 hour ago, DerbyRam! said:

Don't worry we are looking to sign 38 year old Jagielka ?

If it makes you feel any better he is 39 in 3 days time.

52 minutes ago, one_chop said:

If CKR injury is bad at least we'll be able to bring in a replacement.

Will we? Why would that be. We weren't allowed to bring anyone in to replace Knight or Bielik were we?

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

Why would that be. We weren't allowed to bring anyone in to replace Knight or Bielik were we?

True. Gibson's bendy voodoo dance finally worked out for him. He can sanctimoniously claim that being forced to play only kids and grandads is only fair, seeing as we gained all those obvious unfair advantages 5 years ago by spending extra to have blackman, anya and butters hanging around the club..... ?

Have been away for a few days just got back and flicked the score on and saw Peterborough scored their winner in the tenth minute of extra time.....that's crazy even for us. 

Mentally not sure how much effect that's going to have on players morale going forward especially the younger ones. 

Cba to even start on the recriminations as a number of posters have already stated it gets boring talking about the same issues ad nauseam without any sign of change. 

Toodle pip.