v Peterborough (A) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

7 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Now is time for Mel Morris to face the music and admit defeat to the EFL.

We CANNOT end the window with this squad of players. Threadbare, inexperienced and totally out of its depth. Additions are desperately needed.

Peterborough would’ve been picked off 2 or 3-0 by any other competent Championship side after they had conceded the 1st. Unforgivable. 

Take the points deduction and deal with it head on. This constant limbo is crippling.

We’re good as down if nothing changes between now and September 1st.

Not Mel’s fault. He’s one of our own. Invested ‘£200m’. Gave us scarves. Um, err, hang on a minute …….um ….. oh yessss, he’s one of our own.

Edited by i-Ram

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We're finished.

If this is our squad we're done.

The manager is tactically inept. How many times under him have we been 1-0 up and lost the game?

No idea what our plan was that game. Almost playing with 6 in midfield at times.

The mess before their first goal started with Forsyth not even trying to win the header and the lack of effort from Jozwiak to even stop their player was a joke. His reaction when they scored to, didn't look remotely bothered.

Where was the logic in bringing Jozwiak on right at the end? 

The second goal is disgraceful too. Davies and Bird going for the same ball and what Byrne was doing is anyone's guess. Just put your foot through it. 

There's no doubt in my mind we will go down.

I can't see anyone coming in, we can't even afford working TVs, staff in the ticket office, roadriders. So how we going to pay wages?

We have just played against a team who have conceded 7 goals in 2 games.

Please someone explain why we didn't go at them from the start.

What has Sibley got to do to start a game?

Stop being a pretentious clown and hand balling in a position that costs a goal!

2 minutes ago, DCFCJim87 said:

Did we actually pay real money for Jozwiak? Its like Jozefzoon all over again. So much money wasted on absolute dross in recent times. You could half understand if we'd gone bust signing good players but we may as well have set fire to the money. 

Yes. Mel Morris spent his hard earned money on more tripe. Everyone is banging on about Rooney here but at least he is still here. Most would have walked. This whole mess is down purely to p1ss poor ownership and accounting. Nothing more or less.

7 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Now is time for Mel Morris to face the music and admit defeat to the EFL.

We CANNOT end the window with this squad of players. Threadbare, inexperienced and totally out of its depth. Additions are desperately needed.

Peterborough would’ve been picked off 2 or 3-0 by any other competent Championship side after they had conceded the 1st. Unforgivable. 

Take the points deduction and deal with it head on. This constant limbo is crippling.

We’re good as down if nothing changes between now and September 1st.

I don't see how much changes, unless Mel starts putting his hand in his pocket again. 

We need new owners.

5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Only stupid players give away stupid pointless free kicks for no reason, your crush Sibley did exactly that…which totally costs us the points 

I think it’s stretching it a bit to suggest conceding a foul near the half way line can be said to have totally cost us the points.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What handling the ball on the floor is down to Rooney?

Byrne spinning like a top and clearing it to their only player?

Fozzy unable to get off the ground for the freekick?

Mate,if the tactics and set up don't click then the game plans going to go to rat poo and errors are going to start slipping in..it puts the team under massive pressure and they begin to panic and starting making poor decisions.

You don't get those mistakes when the team knows what it's doing,everyone knows their role and confidence grows amongst everyone.

It's chaos out there at the moment,players in the wrong roles,defenders attacking and attackers defending,it's a recipe for disaster which is what we are seeing.

17 league matches without a win now isn't it and we are still no further forwards in terms of a cohesive style of play.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

Just now, MuespachRam said:

So, explain to me how the ball got into the area then…..? And where It was before fan boy decided to pick It up….?? Would they have scored from us having the ball at our feet in the oppositions half…? 

Because the first header was missed from a long ball and Jozwiak was waiting for the second ball to come to him, and Byrne stopped. You’d have to ask him why not me?

The exact same thing could’ve happened from any long ball played out of defence by them, in fact I’d say that would be more likely because we’d be less organised from it, in theory at least as I’m not sure our manager could organise a piss up in a brewery despite his experience in attending them. 

7 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

We're just not very good. Expect results and performances like today. This is exactly what I said in pre season.

Forget Rooney for a second, we just don't have the players. Our squad is crap. I see so many people calling out Byrne, Jozwiak, Forsyth, Lawrence and saying how crap they are.

This is why we've lost today. Because we are not a good football team, our players are not good.

If you want good football, you need good players. It's as simple as that. I don't know how many times I have to say it on here. 

I think most of us know this 

we’re in trouble 

I argue Morrison stays on the pitch and we don’t lose that 

we lost all control after he went off 

that said u can’t legislate for that level of inept defending