v Peterborough (A) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

4 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

It’s the little glimmers of hope that make it so painful.

Great post I was just thinking if we can get three points if would give us a massive boost. The defending in the last 12 minutes was awful. Why was Byrne the only defender in the penalty spot area on two occasions. I am absolutely gutted at moment in time as you rightly pointed out in 2nd half the performance gave glimmers of of hope for the rest of the season. I so desperately hope the players take this on board.

That was a rather bad day at the office. 1:0 at F/T and just needed to hold out for 11 minutes of injury time. It could have all turned out so differently.

But this is Derby County. It was as predictable as watching a slow-motion car crash. The impact of that game go beyond just the loss of 3 points. The loss of any sort of confidence we had. The loss of CKR. 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Perhaps he was expecting Foz to challenge for the header? Silly idea.

Yes but u have to be aware also to the fact that ur defender may not win said header Roy and be ready to react accordingly… that’s a fundamental basic of defending isn’t it 

It’s called concentration 

funny former pro Glenn Murray seems to think jos cost us on that one too 

Edited by NottsRam77

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

I think most of us know this 

we’re in trouble 

I argue Morrison stays on the pitch and we don’t lose that 

we lost all control after he went off 

that said u can’t legislate for that level of inept defending 

I don't think a lot of people do know it though.

All I see is comments about Rooney. It was the same with Cocu. When will we learn? The problem is down to ownership.

Look at the squad Mel has left us with this season. It's absolutely awful. Where are the good players. Seriously. I mean I look at some of them and they are useless. Completely and utterly useless. That's why we lost in that fashion today, and sadly it will happen all season. 

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What handling the ball on the floor is down to Rooney?

Byrne spinning like a top and clearing it to their only player?

Fozzy unable to get off the ground for the freekick?

Can blame the manager and coaching staff for that pathetic first 45 minutes with the way he’s trying to play. Also it’s in a manger to distill mental strength joe many games since Rooney has took over have we conceded and then conceded straight after that today Swansea other games from last season. I quite like your posts Roy but you are as bad as Eric Steele in that you won’t hear a bad word said about Rooney when he’s just as much to blame as others. 

your saying your fine with a manager winning 1 in 17 games 

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I think most of us know this 

we’re in trouble 

I argue Morrison stays on the pitch and we don’t lose that 

we lost all control after he went off 

that said u can’t legislate for that level of inept defending 

That is the be all and end all. 

Just now, Barney1991 said:

Can blame the manager and coaching staff for that pathetic first 45 minutes with the way he’s trying to play. Also it’s in a manger to distill mental strength joe many games since Rooney has took over have we conceded and then conceded straight after that today Swansea other games from last season. I quite like your posts Roy but you are as bad as Eric Steele in that you won’t hear a bad word said about Rooney when he’s just as much to blame as others. 

your saying your fine with a manager winning 1 in 17 games 

No. No that is not what I'm saying. But if you think that Rooney takes the blame for that awful defending and lack of brains in midfield, well tell me who he should have played instead?