v Peterborough (A) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

12 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

What makes you think we are going to be able to add to the squad before the window closes. If the club has nothing to worry about from the resubmitted accounts i would have thought they would have got them in as soon as possible,the club must have had an idea they would have to do that so should have had them ready or, when they are resubmitted is it going to show things are worse than people are guesstimating and MM hoping by that time he would have sold up and ridden off into the sunset leaving someone else to carry the can

If the adjustments related only to amortisation, it would be sorted, that’s just simple maths. No, there must be other aspects of the accounts that are up for grabs and where we are seeking EFL sign off to ensure the FFP position is not challenged again. If so, then it’s quite likely we’re in a negotiation with EFL.
The deadline for us in that negotiation is 18 august. Before the window closes. So I think we’ll make more signings, once we know the outcome of the negotiation. Possible also that there will be sales, ie capital in to fund loan fees 

Just got back after staying in Peterborough for the afternoon. Infuriating… but almost like you can’t be annoyed at anyone cause this team just isn’t good enough and we have zero options off the bench.

Delighted for stretton and what a finish. But how many times were we breaking at their defence and made the wrong decision or a terrible pass?? Should of buried it before the end.  I still cannot work out how we lost, Peterborough were clueless and looked out of ideas but somehow we created two opportunities for them. Disappointing all round and going to be a very very long hard season. Difficult to see where wins and even goals are going to come from. Thought stearman and Davies were rock solid till literally the 90th min, Morrison looked ok again. But other than that a lot of passing for passing sake in our own half. If Lawrence is determind to keep coming short why run all the way back just to pass it straight back to the cbs? Got to be braver as a team and turn on the ball. Derby fans did us proud, many stayed to clap the players after the final whistle - the ****** posh fan who ran at the Derby fans on the pitch summed up their support. We go again as always but it’s hard to be positive.  UTRS. 

My thoughts/opinions from watching today's game on TV where we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Positives:

• We looked 'in control' for large periods of the game
  • Great finish from Stretton
  • Sibley (and Ebosele to a lesser degree) caused them problems when running at them
  • On at least one occasion we left 3 up front forcing Peterborough to leave 4 back.

Negatives:

• In general we are too defensive, we kept the ball well a lot of the time but didn't look dangerous with it. On too many occasions we give the simple, immediate return pass back when there are other more attacking opportunities available.
  • We give the ball away far too easily
  • Too often, at key moments, our players lacked concentration and composure (e.g. Sibley giving away the free-kick (just prior to the equaliser), Jozwiak 'going to sleep' when he needed to make sure he got to the ball first (which led to the equaliser) and Byrne.
  • Substituting Morrison so late on, which wasn't a 'like for like' change and didn't strengthen us defensively.

All in all an incredibly disappointing result, in a game we should have won having taken the lead, but definitely shouldn't have lost.

10 hours ago, Ramos said:

Got to be braver as a team and turn on the ball. Derby fans did us proud, many stayed to clap the players after the final whistle - the ****** posh fan who ran at the Derby fans on the pitch summed up their support. We go again as always but it’s hard to be positive.  UTRS.

This all day long, every day. When you watch other teams play it highlights just how little of this we do. Looked different when we had Carroll in on trial. Just hope we get the embargo lifted very soon. Cheers @Ramos #COYR

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This all day long, every day. When you watch other teams play it highlights just how little of this we do. Looked different when we had Carroll in on trial. Just hope we get the embargo lifted very soon. Cheers @Ramos #COYR

I know we can’t compare but smith-Rowe in the arsenal game Friday night demonstrated exactly how to play on the turn. Rooneys tactics aren’t going to work until someone is willing to take the ball on the turn and make that pass through the next third. Otherwise the players will keep splitting, the others will keep coming deep and the ball will stay exactly where it is. I’d say it could work very well with bielik and Watson becusee they actually play forward passes. 

19 hours ago, Tombo said:

Let's not forget where that came from in the first place, Sibley's immaturity. This is why you just can't rely on the guy to keep his head

Then it's just pathetic defending from there

Agree he’s been petulant but we’ve conceded from a nothing punt up from the half way line: 3 mistakes that I saw 1) Forsyth lost the header

2) Joz completely lost his runner and allowed the cross

3) Byrne had no clue where his man was at the backpost

19 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

No. No that is not what I'm saying. But if you think that Rooney takes the blame for that awful defending and lack of brains in midfield, well tell me who he should have played instead?

He’s got to instil a belief in the players, make them confident, make sure they know their role, key part of management…..seen nothing of that whatsoever….

16 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Defenders who should be on the antiques road show. Who's fault is that? 

Maybe the manager just fancies older players?

Definitely not in a bi-curious sort of way. Definitely. Not.

I would expect he’s just attracted to the fact older ones will try to please that little bit harder as they know their chances of some action are limited.

Whats not to love? I think we can all get behind the idea of Phil Jagielka pleasuring Wazza for 90 mins every Saturday afternoon.

5 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Maybe the manager just fancies older players?

Definitely not in a bi-curious sort of way. Definitely. Not.

I would expect he’s just attracted to the fact older ones will try to please that little bit harder as they know their chances of some action are limited.

Whats not to love? I think we can all get behind the idea of Phil Jagielka pleasuring Wazza for 90 mins every Saturday afternoon.

image.gif.5a4b16c5c3f8c662e4592c65b4569d7b.gif