v Peterborough (A) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He has been targeted for his lack of height by all three teams. But he's also looked 'off it'. Today took us back to the end of last season where his quality had gone missing. Perhaps he doesn't deal well with pressure.

Midfield is still wrong and I don't care what anyone says. Bird and Shinnie do not work.

Perhaps he isn’t being coached ?

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You have to say that everything that could go wrong is going wrong. Makes Cocu's tribulations look like a walk in the park ?

But how can he change things when we can't bring in any players? This is down to Morris, he could have sorted things with the EFL by now. Even the bloke at the Wendies got his act together and paid off the players so they could get players in. Don't see how we can compete with this squad now CKR is out too. One junior striker...

It’s not the same as at sheff Wednesday they have been allowed to spend and bring in players because they actually got a points deduction and relegated - EFL want us to suffer to show off to the other clubs in the EFL 

A draw would’ve been fair but as soon as 11 minutes went up I knew we’d concede. Then we conceded 30 seconds in to the 11 and I knew we’d lose. I’m trying not to get to angry as there’s 44 matches left. But losing to relegation rivals is not the one and having Rooney as manager isn’t helping either. 

9 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Rooney should have walked the day he kept Derby up but he didn't.

To be fair, Rooney was probably sold the same line as the fans were regarding a takeover and investment in the summer. 

Didn't Alonso spout some rubbish about spending x amount of millions on players, and takeovers were "imminent" all through the summer. 

Which I'd why I think he will eventually walk. 

9 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It’s not the same as at sheff Wednesday they have been allowed to spend and bring in players because they actually got a points deduction and relegated - EFL want us to suffer to show off to the other clubs in the EFL 

It's not the same no. But they were restricted until they paid their players wages which their owner finally did on the last date set by the EFL. I suppose we'll have to wait until 18th for Morris to do anything. We need players in, Morris could deal with the EFL, they're willing he's not.

I understand the doom and gloom I really do but for 90 minutes there was nothing in it and arguably until we scored we had shaded it.

Unfortunately I agree with other posters and you have to say when 11 mins went up I feared the worst and I’d have snapped your hand off for a point at 1-1…..it was clear as day that a second was coming in the next 9 minutes.

Both goals were poor defensively and looked to be the result of tiredness (mentally and physically) and that won’t have been helped by the lack of games pre season and not being in a position to get 90 mins into most players legs at least once due to the risk of injuries….

As hard as it may be, Must stay patient and must offer as much support as possible because if frustrations on here spill into the stadium I fear for the younger players. 

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

That sounds like supposition Roy, which you're usually very intolerant of in others. 

Supposition based on what we have heard suggested, not on wishful thinking! Okay it's from Nixon but like him or not he's a football journo that still writes for a 'newspaper', he's itk. Plus bits from Coles. Even so why deny Mel could deal with them, you get the idea he's still fighting them (that is supposition!).

To lose a game we were winning was diabolical, total loss of discipline and concentration.

The team, and club, created a great platform to win the game - and stick a defiant middle finger up to the EFL and the detractors - but they literally threw it away.

Instead, now we have  Hull away; anyone expect anything different from today? That will come against the backdrop of the accounting deadline day. 

Whatever is happening (or not happening) behind the scenes, I am tempted to write off the rest of this year, to see if any developments put us in a better position in January.

Breath-holding not advised.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Supposition based on what we have heard suggested, not on wishful thinking! Okay it's from Nixon but like him or not he's a football journo that still writes for a 'newspaper', he's itk. Plus bits from Coles. Even so why deny Mel could deal with them, you get the idea he's still fighting them (that is supposition!).

Nixons record is 50:50 at best. 

We also have been told that we have been in discussions with the EFL on some aspects of our revised submission and that we hold different views. 

So it sounds more like six of one, half a dozen of the other and we actually have NO knowledge of who is digging their heels in, over what! 

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Nixons record is 50:50 at best. 

We also have been told that we have been in discussions with the EFL on some aspects of our revised submission and that we hold different views. 

So it sounds more like six of one, half a dozen of the other and we actually have NO knowledge of who is digging their heels in, over what! 

Except we know that Mel isn't keen on playing the way they want - we've evidence of that. So we hear there's 'discussions', that's okay Mel take all the time you need.