v Peterborough (A) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

32 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

One we should have won, I hope it doesn’t come back to bite us. I’m not going to have a go at our lads I think they are playing better a than I hoped for. I think we are almost there, apart from someone to put the ball in the net and pace at the back, unfortunately they are two fundamental issues when you are trying to win a football match.

we really need to get behind them and be positive , no booing just positive as we can make a difference 

Nearly there….we have got the likes of Fulham (who hammered Udders 5-1 today), West Brom, Cardiff, Bournemouth to come. Time to hide behind the ? me thinks….

8 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Rubbish! Complete Rubbish. Both decent players in this league. The reason the combination doesn’t work is because they are doing the same job at the moment. The balance is wrong. Bird and Morrison or Shinnie and Morrison could be quite effective.

if you think we look vulnerable atm just see what happens if you put Bird and Morrison in the middle... 

Just thought it's important to add Huddersfield lost 1-5 at home today. Peterborough got spanked 3-0 at Luton. This team has taken 1 point from those 2 games and not looked better than either of them. God help us when we're up against a championship team that's looking to be in the top half of the division. 

46 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Agree totally on the shinnie bird point 

they’re just simply not good enough together 

they are about as average as it comes and would fair no better in league one 

First half resembled a non league match from both teams. 

The defending from Derby in injury time would not look out of place in Derby Taverners leagues. 

31 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I KNEW we’d lose as soon as I heard Derby fans singing the jinx song “EIEIEIO…”

?

Just back, I agree we were tempting fate, but we looked so comfortable until we entered injury time. 

I thought the Peterborough fan who ran on to the pitch, gesticulating in front of the Derby fans was Jack Marriott for a moment but thankfully he was rugby tackled by the stewards before he embarrassed himself further.

First half, complete dross. Second half it got better and over the 90 minutes we were the better side of 2 poor teams. we are set up not to lose, we got defenders who could feature on the antiques road show, put the 2 together and it is even more frustrating to loose it like that. Our only hope is Bielik is back soon

32 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

It’s not rubbish mate 

you’ve literally just proven my point by saying add another player ie Morrison 

Thanks 

So u agree the balance is wrong .. they don’t work together and as a pairing are poor 

so my point stands and u have vindicated it 

Ok I should’ve been clearer. We absolutely agree you can’t play them both together the balance is wrong. But in the rest of your post you seemed to say neither Bird or Shinnie are good enough for the championship and wouldn’t fare much better in league 1 which I fundamentally disagree with. If your comments were in relation to them purely as a pair then I stand corrected

Edited by BramcoteRam84

Disappointing result as we were the better team. If Morrison had stayed on it might have gone differently. Just talking to my neighbour who saw the match on TV and he said Derby looked very tired towards the end. Perhaps that was because of they gave it their all and had nothing left at the end? Still, a very disappointing finish to a game we dominated.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Agree totally on the shinnie bird point 

they’re just simply not good enough together 

they are about as average as it comes and would fair no better in league one 

Whenever I see two DM’s i wince, when the solid player that Max Bird is, is one of them, I groan inwardly. 

26 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

if you think we look vulnerable atm just see what happens if you put Bird and Morrison in the middle... 

thought we looked solid for the most part and midfield wasn’t problem defensively and wasn’t why we lost the game, drop Morrison back like the other day we get hold of the game and have a better link between midfield and forwards.

4 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Ok I should’ve been clearer. We absolutely agree you can’t play them both together the balance is wrong. But in the rest of your post you seemed to say neither Bird or Shinnie are good enough for the championship and wouldn’t fare much better in league 1 which I fundamentally disagree with. If your comments were in relation to them purely as a pair then I stand corrected

Yes it was that lol 

lost in translation and all that ?

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

thought we looked solid for the most part and midfield wasn’t problem defensively and wasn’t why we lost the game, drop Morrison back like the other day we get hold of the game and have a better link between midfield and forwards.

Agree with this Morrison has to feature centrally 

15 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Disappointing result as we were the better team. If Morrison had stayed on it might have gone differently. Just talking to my neighbour who saw the match on TV and he said Derby looked very tired towards the end. Perhaps that was because of they gave it their all and had nothing left at the end? Still, a very disappointing finish to a game we dominated.

If you think we dominated that game (I assume you listened to it on the local station), I'm glad I live too far away to get Radio Derby.

3 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

If you think we dominated that game (I assume you listened to it on the local station), I'm glad I live too far away to get Radio Derby.

I listened to it on Radio Derby, @Grumpy Git. They seemed to think that that we should have won the game but were mystified at how it could go so wrong in the last 12 minutes as was I.

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Morrison looked pure class today, best on the pitch. Byrne hasn’t played so well yet this season but he’s at his best linking w Joz and JK. Lawrence’s problem is certainly not lack of talent it’s inconsistency and sloth - he had a pretty good game today albeit wonky positionally at times. We looked the better team except in the final third and strangely that might change w CKR’s injury which might give Stretton and Sibley more starts, so better links up front.  

The bigger point is: we have not yet recruited half of our squad. Any points we get before the window closes are a bonus, even points against Peterborough 

What makes you think we are going to be able to add to the squad before the window closes. If the club has nothing to worry about from the resubmitted accounts i would have thought they would have got them in as soon as possible,the club must have had an idea they would have to do that so should have had them ready or, when they are resubmitted is it going to show things are worse than people are guesstimating and MM hoping by that time he would have sold up and ridden off into the sunset leaving someone else to carry the can