v Peterborough (A) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

7 hours ago, BrudeRAM said:

Agree he’s been petulant but we’ve conceded from a nothing punt up from the half way line: 3 mistakes that I saw 1) Forsyth lost the header

2) Joz completely lost his runner and allowed the cross

3) Byrne had no clue where his man was at the backpost

Sibley’s petulance wasn’t an issue here - he was fouled in front of the ref and grabbed the ball thinking he’d get the free-kick, especially when the Peterborough player kicked the ball at him twice - that should have been where the yellow card went.

His two cards have been harsh - the one on Tuesday was his first offence, after Salford had bern clogging our players without consequence, and yesterday’s was just plain wrong.

His best position is as a number 10 which has bern given to our Tom, even though he has absconded from that position. If we don’t give Sibley a good run in the team we will lose him, and then watch him flourish somewhere else.

Hi guys and girls, Posh fan here but not to gloat.

I haven’t read all this thread but got through a few posts so....

I was at the match and it was quite dull for 70 mins. I though Derby looked more accomplished in possession but it appeared that to me you’d come to stop us scoring and hit us on the break. We didn’t pose much threat as neither Marriott nor JCH are fit so, as mentioned our attacking play left something to be desired.

When you scored, I thought that was it, I couldn’t see us getting an equaliser....but bugger me, that last 11 minutes was fantastic from our point of view. I’ve seen mention on here of how good Harrison Burrows was and I’d echo those sentiments, he’s only 19 and came thorough our academy, he’s going to be some player.”

I’ve seen a few moans about the amount of injury time but there was a lengthy spell when Kasim Richards was injured (8 mins?) and then 3 mins for your player to leave the pitch (?) when he was subbed so seemed fair to me.

I think most Posh fans were pleased you held your position in the championship but mostly for selfish reasons, we don’t like Wycombe  and we thought you might get a points deduction.....every little helps in our mission to stay up.

Good  luck for the rest of the season, it’s sad to see a team with such a rich history in the dire straights you find yourselves, hope things get sorted soon and you can sign a few players to keep you competitive....but would be nice if you can stay below us.

....also have to say that my favourite match watching Posh was at the Baseball ground in the 92-93 season when we came from 2-0 down to win 3-2 when you were splashing the cash and favourites to go up.....happy days...

Edited by PoshMart

11 minutes ago, PoshMart said:

I was at the match and it was quite dull for 70 mins. I though Derby looked more accomplished in possession but it appeared that to me you’d come to stop us scoring and hit us on the break. We didn’t pose much threat as neither Marriott nor JCH are fit so, as mentioned our attacking play left something to be desired.

When you scored, I thought that was it, I couldn’t see us getting an equaliser....but bugger me, that last 11 minutes was fantastic from our point of view. I’ve seen mention on here of how good Harrison Burrows was and I’d echo those sentiments, he’s only 19 and came thorough our academy, he’s going to be some player.”

I’ve seen a few moans about the amount of injury time but there was a lengthy spell when Kasim Richards was injured (8 mins?) and then 3 mins for your player to leave the pitch (?) when he was subbed so seemed fair to me.

I think most Posh fans were pleased you held your position in the championship but mostly for selfish reasons, we don’t like Wycombe  and we thought you might get a points deduction.....every little helps in our mission to stay up.

Good  luck for the rest of the season, it’s sad to see a team with such a rich history in the dire straights you find yourselves, hope things get sorted soon and you can sign a few players to keep you competitive....but would be nice if you can stay below us.

....also have to say that my favourite match watching Posh was at the Baseball ground in the 92-93 season when we came from 2-0 down to win 3-2 when you were splashing the cash and favourites to go up.....happy days...

Lived in Peterborough for 4 years from 86 to 90 so went down to London Road as it was then a few times. Used to stand on the glebe road terrace. 

Don't have anything against the posh, just annoyed with our ineptitude. This season is going to be tough enough without defensive suicide. 

At least the state of Marriott told me that we were not going to miss him. 

Good luck lads - some of my old Peterbrough mates have migrated down here to join me in Hampshire so they will be chuffed. 

?

10 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Lived in Peterborough for 4 years from 86 to 90 so went down to London Road as it was then a few times. Used to stand on the glebe road terrace. 

Don't have anything against the posh, just annoyed with our ineptitude. This season is going to be tough enough without defensive suicide. 

Good luck lads - some of my old Peterbrough mates have migrated down here to join me in Hampshire so they will be chuffed. 

?

I didn’t think you were that bad, I thought you passed the ball well and with a bit more attacking intent, I think you’d have won easily. We’ve had a poor start, our defence is ropey and we had 3 new midfielders playing so I was surprised at your conservative approach to the game, however, I know you have issues with the EFL and you have my sympathy.

I stood on the Glebe Road too, those were the days. 

Edited by PoshMart

Just now, PoshMart said:

I didn’t think you were that bad, I thought you passed the ball well and with a bit more attacking intent, I think you’d have won easily. We’ve had a poor start, our defence is ropey and we had 3 new midfielders playing so I was surprised at your conservative approach to the game, however, I know you have issues with the EFL and you have my sympathy.

We're not bad, but some of our players manage to have brainfart moments that always seems to cost goals. 

We really don't have much of an attack atm so even if we have intent we don't have players to execute. 

It's tough for teams coming up. We're skint, but pooing it when we come up against teams with parachute payments. I can't imagine how difficult it is to be competitive in the championship when you've come up from L1 with salary caps etc. 

32 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

?

Ineptitude, that sums it up.... on and off the field. 

54 minutes ago, PoshMart said:

There were 4 minutes for Kazim, i am the sad sort that has a stopwatch on for the second half of every game I attend . Good luck to you for the rest of the season

4 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Was the Peterborough player carded for his assault while Sibley was on the ground?

Don't know ask the ref, perhaps if Sibley had let go of the ball as no foul was given?

Edited by RoyMac5