v Peterborough (A) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Mate,if the tactics and set up don't click then the game plans going to go to rat poo and errors are going to start slipping in..it puts the team under massive pressure and they begin to panic and starting making poor decisions.

You don't get those mistakes when the team knows what it's doing,everyone knows their role and confidence grows amongst everyone.

It's chaos out there at the moment,players in the wrong roles,defenders attacking and attackers defending,it's a recipe for disaster which is what we are seeing.

I like Byrne but he had a poor game today. However, you can’t deny that was a poor error by Byrne in a critical area of the pitch. An error that had nothing to do with tactics, game plan, knowing your role or set up. No defender in the world would try to claim they didn’t know what they should do in that situation. He knew exactly what he had to but messed it up. 

11 minutes ago, Rev said:

I don't see how much changes, unless Mel starts putting his hand in his pocket again. 

We need new owners.

Agree. Getting close to the point where it might actually be for the best to enter into administration. I have more expectation that an Administrator might find us a better new owner than Morris, we take the points hit, sell a few more, and then start to rebuild the club ‘Cox’ style over the coming years. Our Club needs a reset.

Edited by i-Ram

4 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Bringing off Morrison for Jozwiak proved to cost us dearly.

I think WR thought we were comfortable, and in control and so did I, and was taking Morrison off to reward his play, applause, injury free etc and thought Jozwiak deserved another chance to prove himself, and again he struggled and unfortunately put us on the back foot and made more mistakes than anything to get excited about. And I think when Sky TV captured WR on the dug out after the first goal especially, it was clear to see he wasn't happy about his performance either.

I think Sibley played well and I think our defence, plus Jozwiak sleep walking into it, were the folk that cost us big time today unfortunately after they had managed to deal with most stuff throughout the game.

We certainly know how to self destruct and it hurts everytime.

I think it's unfair to blame Rooney.

He's doing the best that he can on a salary of 4.5 million a year.

He has a squad that's the envy of the championship.

He's great strategically based on the results he got last season.

The teams so exciting we have lots of potential buyers.

Then I woke up!

The squads not good enough to compete at this level and efl have decided relegation is the right way to go for Derby.

They've made certain the club can't compete!

5 minutes ago, cstand said:

Great post I was just thinking if we can get three points if would give us a massive boost. The defending in the last 12 minutes was awful. Why was Byrne the only defender in the penalty spot area on two occasions. I am absolutely gutted at moment in time as you rightly pointed out in 2nd half the performance gave glimmers of of hope for the rest of the season. I so desperately hope the players take this on board.

Exactly my thoughts and feelings. I think it will be a miracle if we stay up, but it looked like the little shoots of a miracle had just started to sprout....and then BAM!!! It's gone.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

I like Byrne but he had a poor game today. However, you can’t deny that was a poor error by Byrne in a critical area of the pitch. An error that had nothing to do with tactics, game plan, knowing your role or set up. No defender in the world would try to claim they didn’t know what they should do in that situation. He knew exactly what he had to but messed it up. 

The whole team went into panic mode once they scored the equaliser.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

No. No that is not what I'm saying. But if you think that Rooney takes the blame for that awful defending and lack of brains in midfield, well tell me who he should have played instead?

Bird off for Watson easy picking shinnie and bird don’t work and I’ve seen that from last season. I’d even drop shinnie but no one to come in for him unless you drop Morrison back which I’d be tempted to do but he looks more dangerous further up. 

Just now, i-Ram said:

Agree. Getting close to the point where it might actually be for the best to enter into administration. I have more expectation that an Administrator might find us a better new owner than Morris, we take the points hit, sell a few more, and then start to rebuild the club ‘Cox’ style over the coming years. Our Cub needs a reset.

I'm starting to think this too. I can't see anyone taking the club on in the mess it's in. And tbh there's hardly anyone in the squad I'd hate to lose.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Agree. Getting close to the point where it might actually be for the best to enter into administration. I have more expectation that an Administrator might find us a better new owner than Morris, we take the points hit, sell a few more, and then start to rebuild the club ‘Cox’ style over the coming years. Our Cub needs a reset.

This might be the only outcome if Billy Smarts Derby continues much longer.

Not read the thread, but Rooney shouldn’t have taken Ravel off. He was marshalling the game brilliant, which was keeping Lawrence disciplined. He wasn’t tiring. 

Forsyth didn’t challenge the free kick, in fact he bent over instead of jumping. Less said about Byrne’s bad luck, the better.