Captain Tom Lawrence

RoyMac5

13 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Like when the wife asks if you're doing the decorating 

Or your boss unexpectedly calls you into the office and says 'I've been thinking about how you do a, b, c and have decided I think it would be better if you let someone else do x, y, z instead..' If it's clearly something they have thought about you ultimately do what you're told.

If Tom had hinted he fancied a bit of a sunbathe and Wayne didn't want him to, I'm sure he wouldn't be going!

Maybe Wayne told him it would be better for the team if he wasn't there as a constant annoying reminder of what is missing and why. Better he went away for a few days and came back smiling with a bit of a tan, as a reminder its not all life and death but warning him he better be bang on it and a breath of fresh air.

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Or your boss unexpectedly calls you into the office and says 'I've been thinking about how you do a, b, c and have decided I think it would be better if you let someone else do x, y, z instead..' If it's clearly something they have thought about you ultimately do what you're told.

If Tom had hinted he fancied a bit of a sunbathe and Wayne didn't want him to, I'm sure he wouldn't be going!

Maybe Wayne told him it would be better for the team if he wasn't there as a constant annoying reminder of what is missing and why. Better he went away for a few days and came back smiling with a bit of a tan, as a reminder its not all life and death but warning him he better be bang on it and a breath of fresh air.

Just as long as he’s not kicking a beach ball, seeing it swerve, and thinking ‘’Aha! That’s how I’ll do free kicks!’

13 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Lost first two games of his suspension.

Sorry now Tom?

It's about the team, not about exacting your revenge because the ref didn't give you an earlier free kick.

Right, lesson learned. Move on. Win us every game on your return. Thanks.

Too late though....just as I dreaded would happen...has happened!

48 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Sorry now Tom?

It's about the team, not about exacting your revenge because the ref didn't give you an earlier free kick.

33 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

Too late though....just as I dreaded would happen...has happened!

Hmmm... If he does indeed win us every game from his return, I'd imagine your phrase "Too late though" will be replaced by the oh-so poetic "Perfect timing"!  

6 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Sorry now Tom?

Said as soon as he got sent off that it could cost us our place in the Championship. I fear I was right. I’m still so pissed off with him. What a complete and utter fool. Let the fans and his teammates down… not for the first time, either.

Edited by Millenniumram

Have we lost both games BECAUSE TL was unavailable?, That I don't know, But it sure as hell didn't help, Most on here were not pleased with him after the sending off, A lot on here gave him a get out of jail free card "without him and his goals we'd be in a worse situation", Well that's life, He's there to score, He's there to defend, He's Captain because WR said so, But that nagging thing that some get when someone does something that some think shouldn't happen, Our Captain STILL HAS that Red Mist.

The 3 games Millwall, Luton and Barnsley were games that we couldn't afford to lose, That's 2 down and 1 to play...nil pois as the UK get in the Eurovision song contest, Is Barnsley a must win game, You bet your life it is, So are the next 11 afterwards.

If we're relegated by 2 points fans will look to TL and point an accusing finger as he waves us goodbye to pastures new, But this isn't about TL is it, It's about a Chairman who went overboard with his money and put us all in this position, But fans want a scapegoat when things go wrong.

12 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Have we lost both games BECAUSE TL was unavailable?, That I don't know, But it sure as hell didn't help, Most on here were not pleased with him after the sending off, A lot on here gave him a get out of jail free card "without him and his goals we'd be in a worse situation", Well that's life, He's there to score, He's there to defend, He's Captain because WR said so, But that nagging thing that some get when someone does something that some think shouldn't happen, Our Captain STILL HAS that Red Mist.

The 3 games Millwall, Luton and Barnsley were games that we couldn't afford to lose, That's 2 down and 1 to play...nil pois as the UK get in the Eurovision song contest, Is Barnsley a must win game, You bet your life it is, So are the next 11 afterwards.

If we're relegated by 2 points fans will look to TL and point an accusing finger as he waves us goodbye to pastures new, But this isn't about TL is it, It's about a Chairman who went overboard with his money and put us all in this position, But fans want a scapegoat when things go wrong.

I didn't think it was that petulant a tackle.  It wasn't a Beckham kick out in the World Cup, or arguing with the ref.

My feeling is he was annoyed and as he steamed in he thought he would just 'leave a foot in' and possibly he would get a telling off and maybe risk a yellow card.  Unfortunately he overcooked it and it became a lot worse than he intended. 

It was daft but he's human and things happen in a split second that he can't take back. Its not ideal but anyone who plays football knows how easy it is to lose your rag briefly. 

8 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I didn't think it was that petulant a tackle.  It wasn't a Beckham kick out in the World Cup, or arguing with the ref.

My feeling is he was annoyed and as he steamed in he thought he would just 'leave a foot in' and possibly he would get a telling off and maybe risk a yellow card.  Unfortunately he overcooked it and it became a lot worse than he intended. 

It was daft but he's human and things happen in a split second that he can't take back. Its not ideal but anyone who plays football knows how easy it is to lose your rag briefly. 

My feeling is, He went in to do damage, Only TL knows what he wanted, "over cooked it" an over the top tackle that "could have" had serious damage for the player who was "kicked"

In life we all have the ability to lose "our rag" believe me i've lost my rag 100s of times in my life and not just through playing football, Yes it happens...But?

36 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

The next game is Cardiff.

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Said as soon as he got sent off that it could cost us our place in the Championship. I fear I was right. I’m still so pissed off with him. What a complete and utter fool. Let the fans and his teammates down… not for the first time, either.

It's a team game.

T.L is a 25 year old man, won’t be the first and last 25 year old man to act rashly, do something stupid, that has consequences way beyond his thought process at the time.

I’d not wish to defend Lawrence for his actions but that so many are stating he has cost us dear by his red mist madness, shows how valuable he was, to get us anywhere remotely near safety; for that reason alone I’ll cut him some slack. W.R said he wants him back refreshed and at his best, this break could recharge his batteries and be the difference the last few games.

33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But it won't be down to one player if we get relegated - that was what you were saying! It's a team game. For all you know he might have played and been ordinary - or can you see what an excellent player he can be?

Our relegation will be down to 1 man almost certainly, Mel Morris. But that Lawrence red card was the final nail in the coffin that confirmed it. We get a point in both games this week if Lawrence plays in my view, he’s by far our best (and only really) attacking force.

Lawrence was stupid, that much is obvious.

However, without him, we'd be absolutely nowhere near the survival race. Rooney will know how to handle him considering he did the same as Lawrence on multiple occasions, one of which was in a World Cup quarter final ffs. 

I'd back Tom to come back like a man possessed and score some crucial goals that keep us up.