The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

You’re a Derby fan how can you be shredded by that. Nerves of steel us lot ?

Hadn't realised how emotionally involved I'd become to be honest. With Derby I'm your perennial happy-clapper but with England I always tend to expect us to fall short and usually well-short. Mr Southgate is breaking down that scepticism tournament by tournament. Whatever happens in the final, it's been a great ride and I'm now firmly in the Southgate official fan club. Actually feel a tad silly for ever doubting him now. The only defence I can muster is "something, something, Eric Dier, something..." ?

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

I think Sterling dived. I think it's a terrible display of cheating. 

But, he was also insanely good, tormented them all game, has to play twice as well as anyone else to get some love and is in much need of some love. 

So feck it. Not dwelling on that penalty. Kane should have had one and their free kick was soft. 

They really were never going to win that. 

Agreed. It was very generous penalty, but ultimately, better team won. 

Looking forward to the final, I think it's another extra time coming!

4 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

What a night. Was some soft contact with Sterling so pen was always on the cards. Lots of foreign people claiming we cheated but var ruled in our favour. Denmark lucky for the fk.. again soft. Denmark offered very little. Come on England..

There free kick was a very soft decision by the ref so it works both ways. 

Very tense last night. Not the free flowing expansive football we would all like to see but it was a semi and nothing else matters bar the result. The Danes came for the 1-0 and IMO almost anti football with their rolling around. It seemed at 1-1 they were happy to go to pens. 

Got in at 01:30 and I’m only local compared to most. Wembley has to be the shittest ground ever to get in and out of. Harder getting out and into the station. We’ve probably all got COVID now. Sardines does not cover it. 

Just waiting to hear about tickets for Sunday. Fingers crossed. Last night was great in the ground. Was with a load from Bolton and Palace (I hate Palace). Great night but we will need to be better against the Italians. Foden must start. 

2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Very tense last night. Not the free flowing expansive football we would all like to see but it was a semi and nothing else matters bar the result. The Danes came for the 1-0 and IMO almost anti football with their rolling around. It seemed at 1-1 they were happy to go to pens. 

Got in at 01:30 and I’m only local compared to most. Wembley has to be the shittest ground ever to get in and out of. Harder getting out and into the station. We’ve probably all got COVID now. Sardines does not cover it. 

Just waiting to hear about tickets for Sunday. Fingers crossed. Last night was great in the ground. Was with a load from Bolton and Palace (I hate Palace). Great night but we will need to be better against the Italians. Foden must start. 

On TV, the cynical rolling around didn't really come across as that...looked more as though Denmark knew that they were running out of steam early and were finished. 

Italy will take cynical to new levels given the chance. And there's loads of them in the country so I expect that the atmosphere might be more even. 

14 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I still didn’t get the same buzz from last night as I did when we secured our survival against Wednesday.

Also just want to say I think ITV’s coverage is poor compared to BBC. Feel sorry for Ian Wright trying to raise the mood whilst Roy Doom brings everybody down.

That's cos we haven't won it - yet.

Hope you get that buzz on Sunday! 

Agree about ITV.

8 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

All this rubbish on social media about the penalty, if the Danes didn't have a world class keeper in goal they'd have lost by 3 goals. England fully deserved to win.

It's just an agenda against England. Even if it was a soft penalty, I fully believe we would have scored anyway to win 2-1. Denmark didn't touch us in extra time. They were out on their feet at the end. England dominated and deserved the victory. 

Think Denmark making 5 changes fairly close together was their undoing. Well done Southgate and the team. That 'showboat' passing to run down the clock was superb. It's been mentioned the penalty was suspect. Compare that to a couple of the Danes holding their faces and going down like a sack of spuds

Edited by TimRam

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I still didn’t get the same buzz from last night as I did when we secured our survival against Wednesday.

Also just want to say I think ITV’s coverage is poor compared to BBC. Feel sorry for Ian Wright trying to raise the mood whilst Roy Doom brings everybody down.

ITV's football coverage is the worst on TV. The worst camera shots, the worst technical add-ons, the worst commentators and the dreaded adverts. At least this time they didn't manage to miss any of the England goals like they did in 2010.

13 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

ITV's football coverage is the worst on TV. The worst camera shots, the worst technical add-ons, the worst commentators and the dreaded adverts. At least this time they didn't manage to miss any of the England goals like they did in 2010.

They missed a few duck ups from Pickford in the first half.