The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

4 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

For the country that invented the game and codified it, 1 WC is not a good show, especially when you compare to european club trophies where England teams as a whole are way out in front.

I bloody hope your lot win tomorrow, time to add a tropy. All lined up nicely, easy run in, all games bar one at home, 5 subs and you got the best bench to choose from, talented players. It's your time.

As i always say football matters in this country more than anywhere else.

my friends back home always ask about football in this country and when I say to them that an average team like ours has average attendance of 25k, take 5000 away to some god forsaken place in winter, they struggle to understand.

When i told a Real Madrid ST holder moaning about the price that It was on a par with ours and we have Johnny Russell on the wing, not Ronaldo, he also struggled to understand. 

Been a rubbish 18 months, the other opium of the people has been taken away, a win tomorrow  would really lift the spirit of the country.

Oh and i want an extra bank holiday!

What we should have done was played a couple of world cups at the very start, before anyone else cottoned on. Like America and their ‘world series’. 

then we could be like ‘remember 1866 when we won 4 world cups in a row.’

4 hours ago, Mr. P said:

England coach is scheduled to leave St. George’s park about 4pm & through Burton. People heading down to wave them on. 

Coach went left out of St. George’s park instead of right towards Burton. Too grid lock for it to get through. So I dressed up for no reason…..

07AEE939-9DA1-42F3-BA50-8324BA99422B.jpeg

On 09/07/2021 at 14:00, Angry Ram said:

Not looking good.. Still no access code from UEFA, bar stewards.

Pees me off when you see them going for fortunes elsewhere. Criminal.

Did you have any joy in the end?

Me and my bro are going but we had previously bought tickets for the original final that was due to be played in 2020. We have had to switch from cat 1 tickets to cat 3 though. 

19 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Did you have any joy in the end?

Me and my bro are going but we had previously bought tickets for the original final that was due to be played in 2020. We have had to switch from cat 1 tickets to cat 3 though. 

No, we are on a stand by list now. Can hear up to 2pm tomorrow apparently.. That’s not a problem for me and little Angry as we are near to London. 
Yeah you will have priority against us. Rightly so.

Enjoy mate, I’m envious but you and you brother have a great day and bring it home.

Its coming hame mate .

11 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

No, we are on a stand by list now. Can hear up to 2pm tomorrow apparently.. That’s not a problem for me and little Angry as we are near to London. 
Yeah you will have priority against us. Rightly so.

Enjoy mate, I’m envious but you and you brother have a great day and bring it home.

Its coming hame mate .

Well I hope the footballing gods work in your favour. ?

When originally buying the tickets it was just to experience a final at Wembley.

Never really thought /believed  England would make the final! 

It’s coming home!!!!!!!! ???

1 hour ago, oomarkwright said:

For some reason I felt sure there was a 3rd/4th place play off. But I can't see any evidence of it happening or taken place. Must be just for the world Cup and copa America. 

Yep, there is none for this one. They stopped doing them in 1980 apparently. 

Just now, TigerTedd said:

Yep, there is none for this one. They stopped doing them in 1980 apparently. 

Who wants to play in a 3rd/4th place play off?  You've just lost a semi-final, you're really gonna be up for another match. I'd rather be on the plane home ? 

22 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Heading to Mac’s Cafe for a fry up at 11. Then to Spoons for a few hours. Then to a real pub at 4.

Could be the best day of my life today.

Mine too.  I'd love to see either Derby (Cup/PL) or England win something in my lifetime - and Derby are moving further away from wining anything as time goes by so all my hopes for the time being rest with Gareth and the England squad.

Its been a great past few days, basking in the glory of reaching a final without actually having to play it - but now its game day and the nerves are starting to kick in.

I've gone from thinking it will be a tough match, to its in the bag, to thinking if we lose I may never experience this again. I quite enjoy it in a weird sort of way ? 

Its either gonna be the best day of my life or I won't sleep tonight.

E53KKM2WUAMH5as.jpg

4 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

The UEFA European Championship final England v Italy.

England expects every man to do his duty..................after a spot of Breakfast!

spacer.png

Sterling should be able to keep sprinting in the 120 mins after that.