The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

6 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Seen a lot of bitterness around about the penalty. A reminder to anyone outside of England moaning about it that not only was Denmark's free kick equally soft, but the goal shouldn't have stood because the Denmark players were too close to the wall when it was taken which should have resulted in a retake.

Also, is anyone really going to expect us to give a toss after the incidents we had against Argentina (twice), Portugal, the ghost goal against Germany? Nah. I'm loving this.

Also, huge difference between all of those objective errors in officiating and/or miscarriages of justice which was plain for the whole world to see and Sterling's penalty, which you need to slow down to a crawl and see from several angles and look at it a certain way to come to the conclusion he dived. It's massively up for debate. Any contact looks small when you slow it down as slow as most replays I've seen.

Anyone putting that penalty in the same bracket as any of those other instances just can't handle that the best team won and are looking for a narrative which suggests that they shouldn't.

5 hours ago, maxjam said:

Meh, could be worse, someone could start a petition to have the match replayed.

Oh.

https://www.change.org/p/uefa-rematch-england-vs-denmark/c

Twitter really is hilarious this morning ? 

The desperation ?

Genuinely unbelievable. And it's not even Denmark either, it's people who have no connection to the game just wanting to discredit England because they can't stand us being successful for whatever reason. 

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Is @Van der MoodHoover still moaning?

I'm in perfect balance. 

Seen England sides, however talented, fold after going behind so they did well to keep composed. 

That said, there were periods where we were getting the run around by the Danes so there was some encouragement for the Italians as well and some more things for England to work on. 

?

23 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Must admit I hate watching football on ITV, there commentators and pundits are rubbish and there adverts drive me mad. Always BBC for me. 

What was the commentator saying last night, you’ve all had it rough for a year go out and celebrate you deserve it?  Is he some sort of national leader, I don’t know because I don’t live in UK.

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

What was the commentator saying last night, you’ve all had it rough for a year go out and celebrate you deserve it?  Is he some sort of national leader, I don’t know because I don’t live in UK.

Yeah it's pretty crazy, Sam Matterface is our de facto leader now. Lee Dixon is the only check and balance on his unprecedented power. Don't come back, you won't recognise your home country in the Matterface-era.

Imagine being the best team on the pitch for 100 minutes and all you get is haters.

Hopefully they'll feel the love from the Wembley crowd and smash Italy. 

Poor honest Denmark will have to watch it on the telly. Hopefully not pick up fake injuries every time England build momentum this time. Touch of cramp while sat on the sofa. 

I believe the final is being broadcast on both ITV and BBC. It’s going to have to be the BBC for me despite my misgivings about it, or rather the way it’s run. 

Matterface irritated me when he was TalkSport’s commentator years ago. I used to wonder how he managed to pull Natalie Sawyer, never mind marry her. Chuck in Mark Poogatch as a presenter and all of a sudden the BBC becomes more appealing.

I reckon the BBC will slaughter ITV in the ratings an’ all. 

14 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Very tense last night. Not the free flowing expansive football we would all like to see but it was a semi and nothing else matters bar the result. The Danes came for the 1-0 and IMO almost anti football with their rolling around. It seemed at 1-1 they were happy to go to pens. 

Got in at 01:30 and I’m only local compared to most. Wembley has to be the shittest ground ever to get in and out of. Harder getting out and into the station. We’ve probably all got COVID now. Sardines does not cover it. 

Just waiting to hear about tickets for Sunday. Fingers crossed. Last night was great in the ground. Was with a load from Bolton and Palace (I hate Palace). Great night but we will need to be better against the Italians. Foden must start. 

Was a bit behind you, well gone 3 for me Angry. My moan from last night, same as always visiting Wembley, phone signals are dire inside, couldn’t text or ring mates, kids and share the joy, gave up in the end.

The Danes tired in my opinion and oddly, we were confident in our little section, I expected us to win it in extra time, just the Grealish substitution puzzled me at the time, more so as I didn’t realise they went down to 10 men until today.

Know what you mean on the Covid front, let’s face it nobody but stewards were wearing masks, which is what I expect at most major events fairly soon anyway; think a lot of people just want back to before (right or wrong). We ended up in some hotel bar, a bit away from Wembley, anyone expecting table service was having a laugh, it was 2 or 3 deep around the bar.

Got offered tickets for Sunday but if I thought last night was profiteering, the value for Sunday was ridiculous, cat 2 £9k for 2; so I’m afraid it’s t.v for me, won’t be ripped off to that extent.

5 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

I believe the final is being broadcast on both ITV and BBC. It’s going to have to be the BBC for me despite my misgivings about it, or rather the way it’s run. 

Matterface irritated me when he was TalkSport’s commentator years ago. I used to wonder how he managed to pull Natalie Sawyer, never mind marry her. Chuck in Mark Poogatch as a presenter and all of a sudden the BBC becomes more appealing.

I wonder which channel will have the shortest delay!

11 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’ll watch on the BBC far better coverage, I’d make one transfer though and move Ian Wright over to the beeb. Didn’t know that Matterface was married to Sawyer, how did he manage that???????

51 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Wikipedia has the marriage being over in 2014. 

So your saying I have a chance?