Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Shows how little you know !

Excuse me?! I have my Uefa B badge. I DO know what goes into getting those qualifications. Lots of 1v1 2v2 3v3 11v11 coaching, sessions etc etc. I am an outsider (ie not pro) who does it for the love of the game and coaching at grass roots level. My mentor was Hope Powell who has more knowledge of the game than many on this forum. What opinion do you form that I 'know little'? Just accept my opinion that pro footballers, having done football sessions up the bloody ying yang, day in day out, can pass a coaching badge that even allows a bus driver to qualify. My Dad was evacuated to Hathersage during the War, so got a soft spot for your village/town

1 hour ago, Eaststander7 said:

Basically a non-story? Injury in training. Happens everyday and states the word “accident” plus Rooney was taking part due to lack of players.

It seems the press will report anything that brings negativity to the club

I hope no one farts in tomorrow’s training session ?

So if Jurgen Klopp took out Jordan Henderson for 3 months in training, that wouldn't be a story? Particularly if he had been moaning about having no players. Surely the very fact we were so short of players that Rooney had to join in would make him consider going full pelt into tackles wasn't sensible?

Least he has shown the players how to acquit and behave themselves on a night out! Again, easily explained away if you want, but bearing in mind all the Joiners Arms repercussions, maybe he could stop acting like a kid and learn his own lessons and set a decent example at a time he being openly is critical of his employer. 

Didn’t Clough leave Roy Keane in a heap with a right hand to the jaw?

Football training grounds are strange places and football injuries occur every day of the week at every club. It’s not outrageous to think of a 35 year old only recently retired, former world class footballer now manager to join in training….let alone in our position regarding numbers. You go to a training camp with X amount of players to suit the work you want to do. It only takes a few niggles and numbers get stretched and the plan is redundant and it’s wasted. We know several players picked up injuries so Rooney joining in is no surprise at all. Once you join in you can’t undo 30 years of instinct and not compete!!

PS a 50/50 doesn’t automatically mean a two footed lunge…it can simply mean it was a nothing challenge where both players were competing equally 

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

Media once again making something about nothing about us again. Player injured in training by his manager really is a couple of lines at the bottom of a page story. 

Everyday at every training session up and down the country players are injured by team mates and occasionally by coaches just because it is us and Wayne it is suddenly a headline. Must be a slow news day. 

4 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Media once again making something about nothing about us again. Player injured in training by his manager really is a couple of lines at the bottom of a page story. 

Everyday at every training session up and down the country players are injured by team mates and occasionally by coaches just because it is us and Wayne it is suddenly a headline. Must be a slow news day. 

Or possibly everyone is enjoying pissing themselves at you. ?

5 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

The joys of having a celebrity manager!

1 hour ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

On its own, Rooney being pictured in a hotel room with women would just be a matter for him and his family. It's embarrassing for him.

Thing is, the timing of this is shocking. We're at our lowest ebb for a number of decades. Both on and off the field. The last thing Derby need is more negative press. We've got an owner trying to sell the club, negotiate with the EFL and deal with increasing debts at an uncertain time for revenues due to COVID. Add this into the mix, on top of this Jason Knight debarcle and you've got to ask yourself, what was he thinking? Or not thinking.

We're less than two weeks away from the first game of the season and our manager thought it a good idea to go and get rat arsed after loosing a friendly. That's the bigger problem for me, I don't care about the photos and hotel room. I care more about the complete lack of professionalism and focus at a critical juncture in the clubs history. Whether its Rooney's fault or not that we're in the mess we're in, he should be making sure his actions are only for the better of the club. His have not been.

When I heard the Knight news, coupled with the weekend pics, I just thought with all that’s affecting us, if we start as poor as most seem to think, he”ll soon be gone. Always look on the bright side or put another way.

As much as I'm not a fan of quite a few aspects of the job Rooney has done so far, stangely this doesn't bother me and I don't think it should be blown up into anything more than it is.

It's the sort of poo that happens but goes unreported more often than anyone would think.

Imagine if N Clough throwing cricket balls at players had made the headlines. We were none the wiser about that until last year, but nobody is outraged by it now.

Edited by Coconut

4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

As much as I'm not a fan of quite a few aspects of the job Rooney has done so far, tlstrangely this doesn't bother me and I don't think it should be blown up into anything more than it is

Indeed. It is nothing more than a manager bemoaning the size of squad and his inability to sign anyone one minute and putting a key player out until November the next.

Pretty much the only thing going for him is his name - the fact he is Wayne Rooney and has connections and a profile in the game. Currently we do need that in order to get loans, favours, a prospect or two. 

Yet so far only Ravel Morrison seems to be anything different from what other managers could secure and the jury is very much out on him. I honestly would be having second thoughts if I were another manager or owner wanting to entrust my players. Rightly or wrongly I'd worry he is capable of smashing them on the training ground or would really not be able to mentor them how to be model professionals and show them the right path. There are dozens of teams wanting cheap short term deals so why take a risk on him when his record is atrocious, the football dull and the culture of the club poor at best. 

2 hours ago, Eaststander7 said:

Basically a non-story? Injury in training. Happens everyday and states the word “accident” plus Rooney was taking part due to lack of players.

It seems the press will report anything that brings negativity to the club

I hope no one farts in tomorrow’s training session ?

It's our manager injuring one of the few players we've got available... how is it a non-story it shows completely unprofessional conduct by the manager running our basket case of a club 

26 minutes ago, Coconut said:

As much as I'm not a fan of quite a few aspects of the job Rooney has done so far, stangely this doesn't bother me and I don't think it should be blown up into anything more than it is.

It's the sort of poo that happens but goes unreported more often than anyone would think.

Imagine if N Clough throwing cricket balls at players had made the headlines. We were none the wiser about that until last year, but nobody is outraged by it now.

What's wrong with throwing a few deliveries down during a few quiet moments?!!!