Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

47 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

We have zero idea of Curtis Davies’ tactical nouse or managerial competence.

Don't think you can ever say such and such a player will definitely make a great coach/manager till they get some sort of chance. But by the way Curtis talks and plays I just feel he would learn a lot working under an experienced manager and would have something to give. Would also give us the chance to  get a better idea of his coaching ability. Really hope he gets offered a new deal at the club and if we can do this wouldn't mind seeing him in some sort of coaching role (not sure if that's the case if Rooney's still in charge though). Just my opinion anyway.

Just now, Allen said:

Don't think you can ever say such and such a player will definitely make a great coach/manager till they get some sort of chance. But by the way Curtis talks and plays I just feel he would learn a lot working under an experienced manager and would have something to give. Would also give us the chance to  get a better idea of his coaching ability. Really hope he gets offered a new deal at the club and if we can do this wouldn't mind seeing him in some sort of coaching role (not sure if that's the case if Rooney's still in charge though). Just my opinion anyway.

Of course, but I just don't think we're in the position right now to be giving people chances. Fair enough if we were expecting to comfortably finish mid table, but not with the current squad and state of the club.

8 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

GMP saying no such case was reported is either
A) confidentiality
B) poor deflection techniques from Rooney's camp

The claim is that the lawyers didn’t know whether they should contact the transport police or standard plod, seems a bizarre mix up.

Transport police wouldn’t get involved in this it would be greater Manchester police, you’d think lawyers would know this.

6 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Of course, but I just don't think we're in the position right now to be giving people chances. Fair enough if we were expecting to comfortably finish mid table, but not with the current squad and state of the club.

Yeah I really like Curtis but this situation would need a manager with at least some experience. 

That’s assuming Rooney’s going anywhere which still doesn’t seem likely at present.

The only serious questions Rooney has to answer here are to Coleen. It’s a matter for them to resolve. Sunday presumably was a day off, therefore his actions on Saturday night have absolutely no bearing on his job as Derby manager. 

Yes it isn’t great for someone who a similar age to myself (not nearly 40 as being reported!! I’m closer than he is but still have 3 years!!) and has a young family to put himself in that position. My wife would be extremely bothered if I did the same but my work wouldn’t care as it’s in personal time, only time work would care is if it was on a work night and I would be unfit to do my job the next morning. Most employers would be the same, why should this be any different. As for setting an example to the players - he doesn’t play football any more does he so why does it matter what he’s doing on a Saturday night.

Yes he will get banter but he can quickly turn that if the players are not putting the effort in.

26 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Looks like the story has changed with the daily Mail (yes I know) saying he’s claiming it was blackmail. 

Now if true I’d have some sympathy, although why on earth a married man who’d just been lecturing on pride and dignity would put themselves in that position is beyond me!

The pictures show naivety and are not a good example to the players but I think we should judge Wayne on his results and team performances on the pitch ?

42 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

By the way, people can't seriously be suggesting that serial cheater Wayne Rooney was having a perfectly innocent drink and had no bad intentions when he ended up in a hotel room with a load of young women?

@MuespachRam thinks it was ??. Thinks he didn’t put Knight out injured either. Viva la wazza

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

The only serious questions Rooney has to answer here are to Coleen. It’s a matter for them to resolve. Sunday presumably was a day off, therefore his actions on Saturday night have absolutely no bearing on his job as Derby manager. 

Yes it isn’t great for someone who a similar age to myself (not nearly 40 as being reported!! I’m closer than he is but still have 3 years!!) and has a young family to put himself in that position. My wife would be extremely bothered if I did the same but my work wouldn’t care as it’s in personal time, only time work would care is if it was on a work night and I would be unfit to do my job the next morning. Most employers would be the same, why should this be any different. As for setting an example to the players - he doesn’t play football any more does he so why does it matter what he’s doing on a Saturday night.

Yes he will get banter but he can quickly turn that if the players are not putting the effort in.

Well lots of fans don't want John Terry because of antics that are ancient history. Wayne is getting caught out again and again and this time almost whilst he is away on work business. 

I'm not overly interested in the morality, it's just the attitude he has to being a professional. Surely, at the end of the game they talked about being professional about warm-downs, about thinking about the game and things to improve... And as a manager I would expect his part in that would be him working with the other coaches, looking at the videos /reviewing the game, contacting people to enquire about players, reviewing the tactics etc.. All you ever hear about is that it's a 24-7 job being a manager. 

Apologies if I'm wrong, but the perception I'm left with is he dismissed the players, grumbled to the press, said 'off to bed' to the other coaches.. and then 'got on it' with some mates, presumably explaining away that he wouldn't be home as he would be working late into the night. No one says he can't go for a meal, a few beers to relax but if he hasn't learned yet that if he doesn't and instead ends up in slightly compromised situations its going to be news, then when will he? 

If he was my mate, I would probably laugh and say he was an idiot.. but he's not, he's the highly paid figurehead of the club I have supported for 40 years and he did a pretty poor job on the pitch, has done a terrible job from the sidelines and now is getting us press for the wrong reasons, it's just portrays a really disappointing attitude for me. 

12 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Well lots of fans don't want John Terry because of antics that are ancient history. Wayne is getting caught out again and again and this time almost whilst he is away on work business. 

I'm not overly interested in the morality, it's just the attitude he has to being a professional. Surely, at the end of the game they talked about being professional about warm-downs, about thinking about the game and things to improve... And as a manager I would expect his part in that would be him working with the other coaches, looking at the videos /reviewing the game, contacting people to enquire about players, reviewing the tactics etc.. All you ever hear about is that it's a 24-7 job being a manager. 

Apologies if I'm wrong, but the perception I'm left with is he dismissed the players, grumbled to the press, said 'off to bed' to the other coaches.. and then 'got on it' with some mates, presumably explaining away that he wouldn't be home as he would be working late into the night. No one says he can't go for a meal, a few beers to relax but if he hasn't learned yet that if he doesn't and instead ends up in slightly compromised situations its going to be news, then when will he? 

If he was my mate, I would probably laugh and say he was an idiot.. but he's not, he's the highly paid figurehead of the club I have supported for 40 years and he did a pretty poor job on the pitch, has done a terrible job from the sidelines and now is getting us press for the wrong reasons, it's just portrays a really disappointing attitude for me. 

People didn’t want Terry because of the Anton Ferdinand incident, not anything else. 

At the end of the day he’s human, it’s bloody stressful managing this club right now. He did nothing wrong in terms of his role and responsibilities to the club in my opinion and personally I think some who want him gone will use this to justify their point and wrongly IMO. If the players want him gone then they’ll do the same, but I would argue that would reflect badly on the players as individuals. He only makes it tougher for himself if he doesn’t command the respect and loyalty of the players right now. We will see.

20 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I suppose we could be paying them?  We just can't register them to play in professional games.

I'd assumed that they are still getting the 'one month extra' that someone said players get paid at the end of their contract? But anyway the point being they are still here. Again would any club be surprised if they'd left us, they'd not need an excuse to be believed!

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Derby manager's representatives contact police over images | Football News | Sky Sports

"Wayne Rooney's representatives have contacted the police over what they believe was an illicit attempt to entrap the Derby boss with a range of explicit photographs...

...There is no suggestion that Rooney acted inappropriately, or even that he was aware what was going on around him.

People close to Rooney have confirmed to Sky Sports News that the matter has now been handed over to Greater Manchester Police, who have yet to comment."

Read somewhere that GMP had now passed the matter on to Cheshire Police !....for some reason

1 hour ago, BuckoBeast said:

@MuespachRam thinks it was ??. Thinks he didn’t put Knight out injured either. Viva la wazza

Where have I said that….!??? Where have I said It was innocent.??? 
as for the knight thing, if Bielik had Injured him would you want him sacking..!?

Edited by MuespachRam